FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Jan 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #393 of 622
I'm not sure about "much" better, it's not that much more expensive than the E7... I would definitely expect a noticeable improvement though.

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #394 of 622
Here's my take: The E7 and E9 are both DAC/Amps with the E9 sporting a better amp (maybe better DAC?) containing better performing components. When the E7 is docked on the E9, its amp is switched off as well as the E9's DAC which should allow for a cleaner signal (possibly better amplified too) at the output as the signal doesn't have go through the E7's DAC and then deal with the noise introduced there when flowing through its 'lightweight' amp. In the E9 its reversed.

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #395 of 622
The E9 is an amp only and does not have DAC capabilities unless an E7 is docked. When docked the E7 is used as a DAC and passes a line-out (unamped) signal to the E9s amp.

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #397 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by migsev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any info on the black E1 guys?

Already hits the market last weeks. It depends on the individual seller to decide whether or not to pick up the black model.

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #398 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E9 is an amp only and does not have DAC capabilities unless an E7 is docked. When docked the E7 is used as a DAC and passes a line-out (unamped) signal to the E9s amp.

Thanks for the clarification.
beerchug.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #400 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Already hits the market last weeks. It depends on the individual seller to decide whether or not to pick up the black model.

I've been checking places that sell FiiO products (like head-direct, DX, etc.) but I haven't found any that carry the black one. Would you happen to know of any that do, or plan to sometime soon?
I thought that once a black one was released, they would be picked up pretty soon by retailers...

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #401 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been checking places that sell FiiO products (like head-direct, DX, etc.) but I haven't found any that carry the black one. Would you happen to know of any that do, or plan to sometime soon?
I thought that once a black one was released, they would be picked up pretty soon by retailers...

For what I know, It is already on sale on Hong Kong and Malaysia retail store. It is most likely those who first stocked the white model want to clear out their stock first before getting the new black model. There is an eBay seller selling the black E1 though, but it is about $25.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #402 of 622
I sent an e-mail to Fiio and it answered a lot of questions regarding the production and release of the E7.

Since English is not their native language it was a bit choppy so I will sum it up instead of quoting them:

- they are having issues meeting demand for the PCM2706 part from Texas Instruments
- they can finish production in 20 days from receiving the shipment from TI, however, they have no idea when the shipment from TI is coming in...
- they have enough parts (PCM2706) to make about 50 E7s this month, but those will all be sent out as review samples and samples for sales agents and distributors
- mass production will not likely begin until March due to the Chinese New Year which takes place from Feb 10 to March 1
- the retail price will not be more the $100, depending on the distributor or sales agent you can possibly get one for as low as $85 online

Quote:

The retail price of E7 will be not more than US$100.00, and it depend on our sales agents or distributor! but I guess you may have chance to buy it in US$85.00 in some online stores!

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #403 of 622
Hopefully I will be one of those who receives the review sample *fingers crossed*. It will be fun as I have just got my hand on Linearossa W1 and iBasso T3D, which are both targeting a slightly higher end of the ultra-portable amp market, but not quite as high-end as Pico Slim or RSA Shadow

Beside E7, I think I also saw a report from another manufacturer saying that they are not able to get their order from TI on schedule. I wonder what is that all about?

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #404 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For what I know, It is already on sale on Hong Kong and Malaysia retail store. It is most likely those who first stocked the white model want to clear out their stock first before getting the new black model. There is an eBay seller selling the black E1 though, but it is about $25.

Thanks for the help. I had checked the Micca store website a few days ago, but they weren't listed then (or maybe I just missed it, who knows). $25 still seems fairly reasonable though, so I've ordered it. Can't wait to hear how it sounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back