FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Dec 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #331 of 622
That's the E7 - the E9 is for desktop use only
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to use an E7 with your iPod you will have to get a Line-Out Dock, which is a cable + plug that takes unamplified analogue signal from the USB port at the bottom of your iPod. Shown below :

LOD%20ipod%20GC%20700.jpg

I don't really know the difference in quality between LODs, but I've bought a FiiO L1 in anticipation of the E7 coming out ... you can get them for about $10 on eBay.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #332 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the E7 - the E9 is for desktop use only
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to use an E7 with your iPod you will have to get a Line-Out Dock, which is a cable + plug that takes unamplified analogue signal from the USB port at the bottom of your iPod. Shown below :

LOD%20ipod%20GC%20700.jpg

I don't really know the difference in quality between LODs, but I've bought a FiiO L1 in anticipation of the E7 coming out ... you can get them for about $10 on eBay.

I was just reading about LODS and think that I will be purchasing one soon, with my amp of course

Unless you know a better/different one.

Thanks for the correction
smily_headphones1.gif

Will the E7 be better than the BassBooster cMOY amp?

Last question, do you think my headphones need an amp?

Thanks for being very friendly and helpful

Gotwake

Dec 14, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #333 of 622
Subscribing. I really love my E5, and the E7 is looking great as well. I'm really happy that a company like FiiO exists, I remember years ago when I was building a cmoy musing over how it's an unfulfilled market.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #334 of 622
Hey, Should I purchase a Fiio E1 or a Fiio L1 for my 5th gen iPod Video?

I already have a Fiio E5 and understand the E1 is just basically a E5 with built in line out and no bass boost switch. The L1 is just a Fiio branded low profile LOD,

Ipod>L1>E5>RE0

or

Ipod>E1>RE0

?
confused.gif

Not sure which would be more beneficial

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #335 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badsam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, Should I purchase a Fiio E1 or a Fiio L1 for my 5th gen iPod Video?

I already have a Fiio E5 and understand the E1 is just basically a E5 with built in line out and no bass boost switch. The L1 is just a Fiio branded low profile LOD,

Ipod>L1>E5>RE0

or

Ipod>E1>RE0

?
confused.gif

Not sure which would be more beneficial

Well the benefits of the Ipod>L1>E5>RE0 would be battery life and bass boost.

The benefits of the E1 would be only one item to use and controls.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #336 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The benefits of the E1 would be only one item to use and controls.

...and a cleaner sound.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #337 of 622
Ok thanks, I'll buy an L1 now and see how that works out, then get an E1 after Christmas when a black one is released (To match the black iPod) and will compare the two then, to see if the extra bass boost is better for me than clearer sound.

Thanks

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #339 of 622
What will be displayed on the Fiio E7's screen?

I've never seen an amp with a screen before
eek.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #340 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badsam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What will be displayed on the Fiio E7's screen

Few pages back...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Volume, input mode (mainly for USB), battery, bass boost level, etc.

Dec 17, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #341 of 622
besides the flashy display and DAC, can anyone speculate how the E7 will sound in comparison to the Ibasso T3? I'm trying to debate whether to hold off on the T3 and wait for the E7 to come out..:\ I'm looking for a little more power so that it can be at least a bit feasible to power cans instead of strict IEMs... but maybe im getting too greedy from a slim portable amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #342 of 622
A small update, probably not significant to those of you who are not into capacitor: E7 will use Elna as its coupling caps. Nothing too crazy though, just one of its audio grade bi-polar series.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #344 of 622
Any iPod from 5.5th Gen and beyond should be fine. Don't quote me on these: I read somewhere else the a person actually tested it on 4th gen iPod (not sure the model though) and E1 works fine, but 3rd gen iPod doesn't support the remote.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #345 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some very rough idea of spec. Basically these are info I got very early on (few moths ago) in the beginning of the designing phase. So these could be totally wrong but I think it might give you an idea of how the actual spec might look like.

E1: Price target around US$30
Output power: 120mW
THD+Noise: 0.0080%
S/N ratio: 100dB
Frequency response: 20-40kHz
Playtime: Depend on the ipod/iphone
Power: Powered by iPod/iPhone

E7: Price target around US$80
Output power: 150mW
THD+Noise: 0.0060%
S/N ratio: 105dB
Frequency response: 20-40kHz
Playtime: >100hrs (current estimation)
Power: Build in Li-ion battery

[EDIT] Did I mention that E7 will probably have adjustable bass boost?

Sorry, just read the first few posts. It is really a nice enclosure. I have a question, any one have the chance to make a comparation with E7 and other mainstream decent AMP? if the price target at $80, it will face the fierce competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back