FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Nov 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #211 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know any contact number myself. If you are think about contacting FiiO to request for a black E1, I think FiiO probably already know about it as they read Head-Fi for feedback as well.

Sorry, I meant, could we get some figures for people interested in a black one, then email them... You often are in contact with them aren't you?

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #212 of 622
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but can anyone give me advice? I've got a 3rd gen 64gb iPod Touch and Denon C710 IEMs. Would I gain any improvement by running it through a portable amp? I'm looking at either the E1 or the E5 as they're both just $22 on head-direct.

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #213 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I meant, could we get some figures for people interested in a black one, then email them... You often are in contact with them aren't you?

I will just mention it to James (FiiO manager) next time I talk to him. I know they are still trying to catch up with their current order for the holiday season so it will take sometime for them to consider a black version. I'll keep you up to date if I have any news.

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #214 of 622
Thanks ClieOS
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #215 of 622
I just ordered the RE2 + E5 combo from head-direct. Do you think the RE2 connected to an ipod touch 2nd gen via LOD to the E5 would sound alright or should I have gotten the E1? Or does the RE2 not really need an amp anyway?

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #216 of 622
Some update:

A black edition E1 will be released on the next batch.

Here is the new rendering of E7: Along with some inner hardware changes and the face lift, the new casing is also slimmer than the previous prototype showed before.
E7RENDER_resize.jpg

This is the proposed E9 prototype. Basically it is desktop amp with an iPod / FiiO dock integration. You can either 1) dock you iPod / iPhone on E9 and feed it the line-out, 2) dock the E7 and give E9 the USB DAC function (E7 will feed line level signal from E7 DAC directly back to E9 amp section). You can think of E7 as E9's DAC module. or 3) Feed E9 a line-in analog signal, just like most other desktop amp. E9 will also feature a better, newly design amp section that is different from E7. E9 is scheduled for early 2010.
E9RENDER_resize.jpg

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #217 of 622
Quote:

A black edition E1 will be released on the next batch.

Excellent, when is this batch due (post xmas?).

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #220 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by _gl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent, when is this batch due (post xmas?).

I have no idea. My guess is they are already in production as we speak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any Idea when the release of the Fiio E7 is?

The hardware changes delay their schedule. They are still aiming for a late December release, but most likely we will see it in store on January if you count in all the transit time needed. Hopefully I will have a review unit before X'mas.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #222 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Fiio E9, can the digital signal of iPod be transmitted directly?
Or, is it analog?.

I believe E9 will use the analog line-out of the iPod / iPhone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you control remotely?
Is it addition remote control?
There is no part of receiving in the photograph.

IIRC, IR remote control is planned. Don't forget this is just an early rendering, so not everything is on the rendering yet.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #223 of 622
oh wow, the E7 looks very tempting. especially if they keep prices competitive. i was thinking about getting a T3 or an icon mobile, but i think i'll wait now.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #224 of 622
Thanks.
Fiio E9 is like to a new product of Audio-Technica well.
I think that the price difference is great.
It is digital transport correspondence.

Audio-Technica AT-HA30i
(Japanese News Site. Japanese only)
http://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/200910/15/24554.html

Quote:

I believe E9 will use the analog line-out of the iPod / iPhone.

IIRC, IR remote control is planned. Don't forget this is just an early rendering, so not everything is on the rendering yet.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #225 of 622
is there any information about the actual dimensions of the E7? i'd like to know how it compares with other portable amps in terms of thickness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back