FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Aug 6, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #61 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negakinu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own the E5 and am surprised at how much it adds to my Iaudio X5L with Grado SR60. I couldn't listen to my cans without that little thingy. I will definately pick the E7 up. I'm really surprised at the quality of the Fiio products. Without sounding like an idiot, I always thought Chinese-brand hardware was rather crappy.

Two things:

1) I own a bunch of E5's and I myself, as do you, could never run any set of cans of mine straight from my measly 5mW NW-HD5 or any of my other PMP's (all Sony). The E5 does a heck of a job in amplifying even my 40-ohm (with NC on) MDR-NC60s. Basically while I know that most amps are meant to be run with (and sound better with) a line-out as opposed to phones out, the E5 with its built-in clip, looks good side-by-side with my RM-MC40ELK or any other of my remotes.

2) I too was surprised with the strict quality control as well as with the time and R&D taken by FiiO in designing their products. And for those who think that everything out of China is garbage and not built well hasn't seen FiiO and their lineup of products. I plan to pick up a bunch of E7's when they become available, my PayPal account awaits the official release date.

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #63 of 622
I find the FiiO "lineup" as it can now be called quite fun.

Come on, you have the E3 which just takes batteries for the ultraportable or use for your mobile phone in those environments where you don't want to worry about or "risk" the theft of an amp.

Then you have the E5 for those situations where you don't mind losing a $25 dollar amp...

Now they [FiiO] are pushing ahead with a serious Amp/Dac, that is still budget, and is quite fashion forward, and darn near iBasso droolable...

I'm a big iBasso fan, and I really can tell you, having had a HeadRoom CosmicTraveler ($800) based on Burr Brown OPA627 with crossfeed circuit, etc... that the iBasso D10 Cobra PROVES Chinese made amps can stand up with the Western counterparts.

That said, I will definitely be getting an E7 as a shiny toy/backup Amp/DAC for those situations where I just want something nice for my Android G-1 (which sounds good) on hikes and whatnot or out and about without worrying about losing my D10 Cobra...

Sorry to have gone on so much about iBasso, back to FiiO... I really quite like the charmingly "unrefined" and slightly "harsh and grainy" sound that comes out of the E5 at times compared to my other quote unquote "better" T4 and D10 amps... its a matter of mood.

I'm curious, very curious to hear what components they ultimately throw in the E7, and as the D10 Cobra from iBasso already has the Burr Brown PCMxxxx chip, I hope they [FiiO] put a Wolfson DAC chip in...

However if they go with the Burr Brown chip... I can tell you it should sound good!

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #64 of 622
Damn, I wish the E7 came out sooner, looks nice.. so shiny
tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #65 of 622
last month i get an e3, last week i just bought an e5, and now there's an e7 in a couple of months ?

my poor wallet, but it's sooo sexy.............. i'm getting one for sure

will there be any clip like e5 ?

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #66 of 622
The E7 isnt at all like an e5 its not as portable, its not meant to be carried around like an e5 since its a dac/amp.

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #67 of 622
for me Fiio make some good 'starter amps. I don't know if you're like me, but it's hard enough convincing people to spend real money on real headphones. getting them, then to spend another bulk of money on a headphone amp is like pulling teeth.

however the Fiio amps cost as much as your average pizza. I think the E5 is a good amp for what is now a sub £10 investment. E7, bring it on!

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #68 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E7 isnt at all like an e5 its not as portable, its not meant to be carried around like an e5 since its a dac/amp.

Hey, speak for youself
tongue.gif
. These amp/dac combos are small and have battery power for a reason - plenty of people carry around Nuforce Icon Mobiles and some (like me) are even crazy enough to venture outside with a D10, when a smaller amp isn't at hand. The E7 definitely looks small enough to use portably, and the presence of a DAC just sweetens the deal. I think it could become a permanent companion to my netbook.

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #69 of 622
I carry my pico.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #70 of 622
My second E5 just broke on me, first one won't hold any charge only can be use while it's plug in, the second one I just replaced recently the volume control does respon when I'm trying to turn it up, so hope the quality of newer goods from FiiO gets better.

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #71 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, speak for youself
tongue.gif
. These amp/dac combos are small and have battery power for a reason - plenty of people carry around Nuforce Icon Mobiles and some (like me) are even crazy enough to venture outside with a D10, when a smaller amp isn't at hand. The E7 definitely looks small enough to use portably, and the presence of a DAC just sweetens the deal. I think it could become a permanent companion to my netbook.

I put my P3 (samsung's pmp) and fiio in my jean's right pocket so a D10 might be a a bit big for me
wink_face.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #73 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ededders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And here we are still waiting.

yes, same here.
and it's still a long time till december

can't wait what e7 can do better compared to e5, which is good and the price it's practically free

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #74 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would never think that FiiO had a future, but I guess I'm wrong.

I am very interesting on your judgement. Could you define your reasons? just curious.

At least Fiio should be praised with the " price killer",

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #75 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. I am loving the Asian audio companies right about now.

very interesting. do you have an interesting on region except the amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back