FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Jun 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #811 of 1,676
Quote:
"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

Probably due to the warm but accurate sound without distortion or any other 'impurities'(noise, static etc) is generally the easiest thing to tell with these units. 

Well that's my $.04. I figured I needed an extra $.02 as you already gave yours. 
biggrin.gif

Oh, without a doubt. I like the bass boost of the cmoy at times, but I like the fact that this unit does not overemphasize the bass. Most rock music has a perfect amount of bass without overdoing it and this little unit lets that shine right through.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #812 of 1,676
Currently using E07K 80%+ with either Sony MA900s or ATM50s.

I'm a relative beginner in this hobby myself (and my wallet is already hurting).

What I like about the E07K is a warm signature with a tremendous amount of flexibility (EQ, channel balance, adjustable gain, portability) at a very low price.

The most useful thing for me about the E07K is the channel balance adjustment - my right ear is slightly less sensitive than my left, and the E07K allows me to correct for this easily.

If you are a beginner, I think it's hard to go wrong with the E07K unless you are using a high impedance (300 ohm) or orthodynamic headphone - it doesn't have the power to drive these to their full potential (based on my own LCD-2 experience)

Whatever I buy in my own listening journey, I plan to keep the E07K as a reference point for value.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #813 of 1,676
Quote:

I'm a relative beginner in this hobby myself (and my wallet is already hurting).

What I like about the E07K is a warm signature with a tremendous amount of flexibility (EQ, channel balance, adjustable gain, portability) at a very low price.

The most useful thing for me about the E07K is the channel balance adjustment - my right ear is slightly less sensitive than my left, and the E07K allows me to correct for this easily.

If you are a beginner, I think it's hard to go wrong with the E07K unless you are using a high impedance (300 ohm) or orthodynamic headphone - it doesn't have the power to drive these to their full potential (based on my own LCD-2 experience)

Whatever I buy in my own listening journey, I plan to keep the E07K as a reference point for value.

I am with you, I will keep mine as well. For less than $90 it's hard to go wrong with the E70K. I take it almost everywhere I go.

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #814 of 1,676
Quote:

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"
I've been saying this with every post it seems 
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #818 of 1,676
Quote:
Does anyone know if an aftermarket case is being sold for the E07K. The foam case that comes with it is pretty flimsy. I'd like better protection.

Did some googling and it doesn't seem like it.

It wouldn't be profitable enough for people in China to make cases for a product that most don't know about.

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #820 of 1,676
Quote:

An uncomfirmed source puts FiiO's total sales of any of their products at 1 Million.

I do not know for sure if this is correct or not.

The Zune in total has sold about 14 million and iPod has about 350+ million.

But of course, we are talking about FiiO in total and even then. I'm really hesitant in confirming if FiiO has sold 1 million units at all.

but either way, if that number is true, we may one day see after market vendors sell their own case's and what not for the units.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #822 of 1,676
They make a nice silicone case for the C3 and I doubt Colorfly have 100K units sold... I could be wrong though...

Time to get the needle and thread out with a nice piece of leather and make your own E07K case. :D
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #824 of 1,676
Hi, I've installed the assio drivers from fiio website and used them to play 24/96k from foobar (output correctly configured, btw is the assio plugin needed?).
Also, downloaded some 24/96k flac files.
Even with all this can't seem to find a big difference between the usb conection and the laptop output, if any. And what worries me more, is that the laptop is actually able to reach higher volumes (compared to gain 0db, volume maxed).
I'm using a Superlux HD660 (150 ohm) with beyer velours, if that should change anything.
Anyway, Am I doing something wrong or should I just return it?

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #825 of 1,676
Quote:
Hi, I've installed the assio drivers from fiio website and used them to play 24/96k from foobar (output correctly configured, btw is the assio plugin needed?).
Also, downloaded some 24/96k flac files.
Even with all this can't seem to find a big difference between the usb conection and the laptop output, if any. And what worries me more, is that the laptop is actually able to reach higher volumes (compared to gain 0db, volume maxed).
I'm using a Superlux HD660 (150 ohm) with beyer velours, if that should change anything.
Anyway, Am I doing something wrong or should I just return it?

So is the problem that you can't hear a big difference in sound quality even with using the ASIO drivers and 24/96 tracks? 

If that's the issue you are getting. Then it's not an issue. 

It's what comes with the hobby, it takes a bit of training to hear a difference, and even then, its not even a huge one. Most including me can't even get it right half the time.

Think of ASIO/WASAPI as guarantee's of sound quality instead of boosters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back