FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Apr 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #751 of 1,676
hi everybody
i'm french so appologises for the miss:)

i have a question before to buy a fiio .
i hesitate between e07k and e 17 the price is not exactly the same.

what the interest to have spdif on the e17 is is better than the rca plugs to transmit 192 khz streams(my amp has a 24/192 dac inside)?
i 'm lost about this point
(i have galaxy note 2 stock rom,root,otg cable philps fidelio L1 and denon avr 1911 for hc amp)
thanx a lot for your answer

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #752 of 1,676
hi everybody
i'm french so appologises for the miss:)

i have a question before to buy a fiio .
i hesitate between e07k and e 17 the price is not exactly the same.

what the interest to have spdif on the e17 is is better than the rca plugs to transmit 192 khz streams(my amp has a 24/192 dac inside)?
i 'm lost about this point
(i have galaxy note 2 stock rom,root,otg cable philps fidelio L1 and denon avr 1911 for hc amp)
thanx a lot for your answer
Oh Bonjour! Ca va?

Je suis Monsieur Panda.

Je veux essayer practicer ma francaise.

Si votre DAC supporte le 192/24, vous pouvez utilisez un cable digital coaxial ou optical toslink pour connecter votre DAC avec le E17.

Mais, votre DAC a avoir le output de coaxial ou toslink.

Le E17 a le feature du spdif pour haut performance, mais le E07K n'est pas cette feature.

-----
En anglais:
You can use your dac with the e17 with spdif to get 192/24. But your dac needs to output coaxial or toslink port for it to work.

Your music track should also be in 192/24 if you do this

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #753 of 1,676
thanx not bad french written mr panda
wink.gif

in fact i ve just checked i don't have digital output on my denon amp avr1911 only input like the fiio e17.
so what could i do to link my galaxy note2 the fiio e17(i need L7 to bypass amp fonction) and my amp to have the best resolution?

i have a dac inside my denon but i think it's less good than the dac with wolfson chip but i'm not sure?

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #754 of 1,676
Quote:
thanx not bad french written mr panda
wink.gif

in fact i ve just checked i don't have digital output on my denon amp avr1911 only input like the fiio e17.
so what could i do to link my galaxy note2 the fiio e17(i need L7 to bypass amp fonction) and my amp to have the best resolution?

i have a dac inside my denon but i think it's less good than the dac with wolfson chip but i'm not sure?

Thanks. I'm still learning. I know I messed up some parts.

http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/AVR-1911-OM-E_006.pdf

Page 17 of the manual shows that this does feature Digital Coaxial Output. Not sure if that would work with input though(as in input a source and then output throught their)

Wait, why do you even need the Denon? You aren't using its amp or DAC. What is your source? Most sources will have S/PDIF output.

You can try to see if a USB OTG cable will work with it.

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #755 of 1,676
ok i explain my goal:)

in fact i'm lookin for a polyvalent dac
i have two sources possible
my galaxy note2 samsung to listen with fidelio L1 headphone( amp and dac are usefull)
the same thing with my sansa clip+ if it's possible
the flac are from 24/ 192khtz .

my second goal(the harder to realise IMO) is to connect my source to a dac to bypass the samsung chip and the dac to my denon amp to listen in stereo thru my stereo speakers
i know my amp has already a dac 24/192khz inside but i think this sound better with the fiio maybe not?

finally i wondering if i plug my samsung in (rca in aux)of the amp ,the flac with 24/192 stream could work?

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #756 of 1,676
Quote:
ok i explain my goal:)

in fact i'm lookin for a polyvalent dac
i have two sources possible
my galaxy note2 samsung to listen with fidelio L1 headphone( amp and dac are usefull)
the same thing with my sansa clip+ if it's possible
the flac are from 24/ 192khtz .

my second goal(the harder to realise IMO) is to connect my source to a dac to bypass the samsung chip and the dac to my denon amp to listen in stereo thru my stereo speakers
i know my amp has already a dac 24/192khz inside but i think this sound better with the fiio maybe not?

finally i wondering if i plug my samsung in (rca in aux)of the amp ,the flac with 24/192 stream could work?

polyvalent as in multi feature right?

Putting 192/24 tracks on those devices is a waste. I do not believe those devices support 192/24. If not, you are then wasting storage space, battery life and processing power to downconvert the tracks.

to do the second one, you can get a DAC with a USB OTG to TRY to bypass the chip. It doesn't always work. With the chip bypassed to another DAC, you can then connect the output of that unit to the input of the reciever.

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #757 of 1,676
thanx for your advice:);  then you think my denon amp could be also best than the fiio about the dac fonction?
so is not interesting in my case?
then for what using is the e17 dac is for .for high end hifi amp without integrated dac with sacd or br audio?
in my case the e07k will be sufficient?

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #758 of 1,676
thanx for your advice:);  then you think my denon amp could be also best than the fiio about the dac fonction?
so is not interesting in my case?
then for what using is the e17 dac is for .for high end hifi amp without integrated dac with sacd or br audio?
in my case the e07k will be sufficient?

It depends on your speakers but i do not think using the E17 will make that much of a difference from the receiver.

If you do want to. You can with the E17 and L7 cable though

If you want e07k for headphones and computer then it will be fine.

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #762 of 1,676
Quote:
Nuno, what carrier is your note2?

Quote:
i think the 07k and it's at the same price than the e7 is a best choice in my case i don' have the using of spdif
thanx  alot for all your advices
wink_face.gif

The E17 is apparently not compatible with the Note II but.... tu peux essayer. I would go with the E07K just to be safe. On the other hand, it looks like even the E07K it's not compatible with all the Note II, as quisxx is suggesting above. Living in France I bet you have the international version, thus you should be fine.

May 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #765 of 1,676
Ok. Fiio L3 then as LOD to connect the e07k to my Iphone 4s

Being an utterly novice, I still dont grasp why you would want to power up the already powerful Iphone, and yet do not understand why a dac such as Andes could improve the fantastic sound of Iphone, but thats me :wink:)

And that lossless issue. I know Spotify may not give such q, but I strem my music in the "extreme" setting. Maybe not far from losless then ?

My iphone is a 64 gb - do have some space then for some music.

My earbuds is Shure se535 with acs custom sleeves. Guess they work fine with Andes e07k ?

Ps
Battery life. How do you organize yourself on long trips, so that Iphone is the very last to die ?
I have a mophie battery pack, will power my Iphone 4s for a long trip to say Istanbul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back