FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Apr 14, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #739 of 1,676
Quote:

You do have a very valid idea, use the E07K for the DAC and E12 for the amp, if you don't mind the thick stack on-the-go.  Main diff. between the two is that the E07K is a DAC/amp combo but the amp portion is not as powerful as on the E12 (which is only an amp, no DAC).  

I got the E07K for now and wait for the E18/19 which include a dac and a powerful amp.  I'm happy with the sounds E07K gives though...

Thanks for the idea. Helped a lot. Just got the E07K for now & skipped E12. Will wait for E18

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #740 of 1,676
Quote:
You dont meed the andes on the go unless you want to try for usb otg to dac but then. The e18 can do that(soon)

Once again thanks much Panda Man, for guiding an excited Newbie. Just got my E07K. Really liked the effect of the amp (my first time into this stuff. So no real comps) just using Aux-in. Amazing.

Also tried "PC USB > E07K > stock_PC_speakers". The quality improvement using E07K is almost negligible in this setup. May be it's my setup but the DAC seems to offer little.
But, at least want something to get started and improvize incrementally. man these things takes time...

Yes want to try a few other setups including a semi-portable system for my bedroom for quiet listening. Thought something like "Nexus 10 > E07K > PSB_alpha_PS1",
Reading up on pros and cons. N10 doesn't seem to support USB Audio (Timur's Kernel only supports N7) and PSB speakers seem bass light.
May be a time optimal solution is: something like KEF's X300A speakers that has DAC/AMP built in & just hook up to a USB...hopefully it's N10 compatible.

PS: The aesthetics/finish, and complete-with-accessories, including a silicone skin of E07K is so impressive. FiiO is so thoughtful.
The manual does have a few clear usage scenarios for the product / configurations (Wish I had this info. prior to purchase. would have been so useful and saved me time).
Again I wish they had published the "contents of the package' online to save time. (they do list it out rather clearly in the manual)

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #744 of 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaazh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also tried "PC USB > E07K > stock_PC_speakers". The quality improvement using E07K is almost negligible in this setup. May be it's my setup but the DAC seems to offer little.

What do you mean by stock PC speakers?

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #746 of 1,676
Today the postman rang my doorbell and handed me a parcel. Inside was

- FiiO E07k dac
- FiiO E09k headphone amp
- FiiO A1 digital amp
- Cordial CFU 0,3 CC professionell RCA cable 0,30m
- The t.akustik ISO-PAD 5 (pair)

I already own AKG K601 headphones and a pair of Audio Pro Evidence E.1 speakers with banana plugged wires.

Now using Foobar2000 to listen flac files with Kernel streaming plugin.

Definitely an improvement from mp3's and motherboards integrated audio circuit.

Thank you Head-Fi (and other boards).

Apr 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #747 of 1,676
Quote:
Using such a device with cheap audio systems like built in pc speakers will of course produce negligable results.

Most "pc speakers" arent very meant to be clear or hq.

+1

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #749 of 1,676
Hey guys, amateur audiophile question here.

I'm currently using an iPod classic 7th Gen with a FiiO E12, would there be any improvement for me to switch to a Amp/DAC hybrid like the E07k?
The improvement would be if you are on vacation and want a dac for your laptop. Otherwise no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back