FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Mar 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #691 of 1,676
Yes. That is what I meant. Sorry, I was on mobile and could only do short quick responses. 

I know a friend that really liked E11 with SE535 but it is really subjective

I would agree, a lot of people don't like the Shure's, and a lot say get a better Amp than the E11.

To be honest, I wouldn't class myself as an Audiophile, just someone who appreciates good music, and doesn't have to go overboard to achieve it.

I find the E07K a great little Amp/DAC very much suited to my needs. It's waiting on the new cables coming.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #692 of 1,676
Quote:
I would agree, a lot of people don't like the Shure's, and a lot say get a better Amp than the E11.

To be honest, I wouldn't class myself as an Audiophile, just someone who appreciates good music, and doesn't have to go overboard to achieve it.

I find the E07K a great little Amp/DAC very much suited to my needs. It's waiting on the new cables coming.

So you already have both of them?

Well that's good then

There are many pure portable amps, but I take it you need dual functions.

I am a fan of Shure

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #693 of 1,676
Sorry for the duplicate post!! :-/

Unfortunately I don't have them both, as this is my first venture into portable amps.  Therefore have no foundation to base my thoughts or findings.

However, used to work for Linn Hi-Fi and have a good ear for sound quality without the science.

Regards the dual function of Amp/DAC the option is there if I need it, as most of my listening is done on the go (children to contend with). 

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #694 of 1,676
Will linn ever bring out a headphone amp or USB dac ?

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #696 of 1,676
Quote:
Sorry for the duplicate post!! :-/

Unfortunately I don't have them both, as this is my first venture into portable amps.  Therefore have no foundation to base my thoughts or findings.

However, used to work for Linn Hi-Fi and have a good ear for sound quality without the science.

Regards the dual function of Amp/DAC the option is there if I need it, as most of my listening is done on the go (children to contend with). 

Andes/FiiO Alpen/Nuforce/Headamp/iBasso/JDS

Are all fair contendors then

Some prefer a cleaner sound, whilst some prefer the deeper bass the E11 or other FiiO's give to their music(The E12 is an exception)

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #697 of 1,676
Andes/FiiO Alpen/Nuforce/Headamp/iBasso/JDS

Are all fair contendors then

Some prefer a cleaner sound, whilst some prefer the deeper bass the E11 or other FiiO's give to their music(The E12 is an exception)

I must admit I do like deep bass, and clarity in my music. I usually go for FLAC or ALAC to get close to clarity as possible.

I've just ordered 2 sets of custom cables, and a custom LOD so hopefully that will also add to the portable music experience.

Currently listening to my music on my iPhone 4S and have seen some discussions regarding the SQ of the 4S being better that the 5. The only problem is the 4S is 16GB and won't hold the entire ALAC library.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #698 of 1,676
Quote:
I must admit I do like deep bass, and clarity in my music. I usually go for FLAC or ALAC to get close to clarity as possible.

I've just ordered 2 sets of custom cables, and a custom LOD so hopefully that will also add to the portable music experience.

Currently listening to my music on my iPhone 4S and have seen some discussions regarding the SQ of the 4S being better that the 5. The only problem is the 4S is 16GB and won't hold the entire ALAC library.

I personally don't think custom $100 LOD's are really worth the money, but that is just me.

I like my 4S but don't use it for audio

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #699 of 1,676
I personally don't think custom $100 LOD's are really worth the money, but that is just me.

I like my 4S but don't use it for audio

Fortunately enough the LOD didn't cost that much! I have a limit as to what I spend in gear if I think it will make that much if a difference.

I'm thinking about moving away from i-Devices with regards a FLAC player around 32gb that won't break the bank!

Not seen anything to my liking as yet :frowning2:

To bring the discussion back on subject for a reasonable price I found the E07K made a difference to my listening experience, and that's what I was after. Who know's, maybe in a years time I'll upgrade to something better.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #700 of 1,676
I took my chance and got the E07K.  Happy to report that it worked flawlessly with my AT&T Note 2, 4.1.2 connected through this:

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Micro-Female-Male-Adaptor/dp/B0023FTRUO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1364615839&sr=8-11&keywords=micro+usb+to+usb+a 

I have also mated with the Fiio E09K; that worked too...drove my HD800s beautifully (nearly as good as my WA6SE!).  Impressive!

Thank you, Fiio!  

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #701 of 1,676
Will the E07K provide a noticeable improvement in sound quality over my 2012 Macbook Air for my DT770 Pro 80? Volume has not been an issue with the Air, and I've been quite satisfied with the sound, but lots of people here say the DT770 80s improve drastically with an amp. Will the E07K do the trick, or am I better off spending more for something else?

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #702 of 1,676
Quote:
Will the E07K provide a noticeable improvement in sound quality over my 2012 Macbook Air for my DT770 Pro 80? Volume has not been an issue with the Air, and I've been quite satisfied with the sound, but lots of people here say the DT770 80s improve drastically with an amp. Will the E07K do the trick, or am I better off spending more for something else?

I suppose you could order one from Amazon, try it, and if you don't like it you can send it back under 30 day return.  Which is you right under the distance selling act. 

I bought the E07 Andes and noticed a significant difference through my iPhone, to the point where I have not had the volume up past 20.  The bass is great, nice and deep, but that may be subjective.

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #703 of 1,676
I purchased a E07K and returned it.  Using the E07K as a DAC with Windows drivers actually made the sound a lot worse compared to the soundcard in my HP Envy laptop.  Installing the ASIO drivers from Fiio's website made the sound slightly better over my laptop, but was causing BSODs.  So basically the DAC portion of the unit was worthless.  Using it as just an amp, it did make my ATH-AD900X sound a tiny bit better, but was not worth nearly $100 for what I was getting out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back