FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Mar 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #676 of 1,676
Quote:
First post ever on this awesome site.

Forgive my ignorance, but if I have the e07k with the l7, what features would I have if I add the e09k? It seems like it just changes some of the miniplugs to RCA outs--am I missing anything here?

E07K with L7 makes it so that you can use E07K as a DAC with whatever external amp you want(most, depends on input method)

the E07K is portable amplifier for DAP's with a DAC for travel, work, or home purposes with a built in EQ. 

Making it versatile

Adding the E09K which is the updated desktop amp from FiiO allows you to dock the E07K into it. This then uses the DAC of the E07K with the amp of the E09K. You can choose to keep E07K volume control and EQ active through the LO Bypass switch.

Adding the E09K just adds an external amp. The L7 with another external amp does the same thing. The combo of E07K and E09K just looks good as it docks right in and with sound signatures that work together.

You could go with another external amp or the E09K. No real difference other than looking good and a matched sound sig(which isn't even a big deal for this price range for most people).

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!" 
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #678 of 1,676
Just got my Andes unit today, and it doesn't seem to hold a charge via usb to computer/wall adapter.  Whenever I try to turn on the unit, it shows the fiio logo and then briefly flashes the menu screen, then says "low power" and "bye" in quick succession.  When plugged into the wall/computer the little red charging light does come on though.  Also the computer seems to detect the unit in sys preferences.  Anyone have a similar issue?

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #679 of 1,676
Quote:
Just got my Andes unit today, and it doesn't seem to hold a charge via usb to computer/wall adapter.  Whenever I try to turn on the unit, it shows the fiio logo and then briefly flashes the menu screen, then says "low power" and "bye" in quick succession.  When plugged into the wall/computer the little red charging light does come on though.  Also the computer seems to detect the unit in sys preferences.  Anyone have a similar issue?

Please leave it plugged into wall adapter/computer for 6 hours.

If the ANDES is low on power, plugging it in quickly and unplugging it after 10 minutes even will have your problem(if that is what you are doing).

If plugging it in somewhere does not show red LED, then try plugging somewhere that does give you red charge 

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #682 of 1,676
Quote:
Ahhh... so the problem is most likely with the phone.

I actually bought the E07K Andes to use as a DAC+Amp on my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone but I'm having the same problem as other Galaxy 3 owners here getting that to work. But I got it to work well as an Amp only with my old iPhone 3GS so there it will stay. 

I've been using the E07K (ver FWOOLMOOJA) between my PC, Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7 tablet with out any problems so far....

Stats:
E07K (ver FWOOLMOOJA)
S3 (rooted but stock rom/kernel build JZ054K.I535VRBMB1, hardware ver I535.10)
Nexus 7 (build JDQ39, rooted w/ Timur's kernel)
USB2G cables I picked up off Amazon for cheap

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #683 of 1,676
Hi! I bay Fiio E07K, device is perfect. Now I trying install Fiio E07K ASIO Driver
(downloading Fiio official web page), install in Windows 7 is OK, but when install in Windows 8 (in compatible mode Win7/mode Win8) and start playing music (Cowon JetAudio, WMPC, Windows Media Player.. etc..) works ok, but after 5-10min, I have a BSOD - "Kernel Secure check failure", I trying reinstall/uninstall, when ASIO Driver uninstall Fiio E07K works stable. I "Googled" this problem - when "Kernel secure check failure", Driver is not supported Windows 8!

Fiio - PLEASE add official SUPPORT Windows 8 in Fiio E07K ASIO Driver!

Sorry for my bad English.

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #684 of 1,676
Hello I have the V-Moda M-100s and I am looking for a good portable DAC/Amp that I can use for both my laptop and iPhone 4s. Would you guys say this would work for me? If not are there any better options around $100? Thanks.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #689 of 1,676
Quote:
Thanks for that

When you say 'not very hard' I take it you mean it has no problem doing so, quite easy in fact

Yes. That is what I meant. Sorry, I was on mobile and could only do short quick responses. 

I know a friend that really liked E11 with SE535 but it is really subjective

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #690 of 1,676
Yes. That is what I meant. Sorry, I was on mobile and could only do short quick responses. 

I know a friend that really liked E11 with SE535 but it is really subjective

I would agree, a lot of people don't like the Shure's, and a lot say get a better Amp than the E11.

To be honest, I wouldn't class myself as an Audiophile, just someone who appreciates good music, and doesn't have to go overboard to achieve it.

I find the E07K a great little Amp/DAC very much suited to my needs. It's waiting on the new cables coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back