FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Feb 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #511 of 1,676
Quote:
16-150 Ohms is what the E17 page says

16-100 Ohms is what the E07K page says

However it says driveability. Which may imply that those are the impedances that will generally be driven properly by the unit.

Many users use the E17 with HE's and Denon D's 

HEs may be a little too much for amp this size. HEs are no better than AKG K70x. E17 barely has enough power to drive portable headphones, based on their data.

But Denon D2000 is quite easy to drive. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #512 of 1,676
Quote:

HEs may be a little too much for amp this size. HEs are no better than AKG K70x. E17 barely has enough power to drive portable headphones, based on their data.

But Denon D2000 is quite easy to drive. 

Data and speculation?

I personally haven't done it but A LOT of 'known' members are driving HE's with the E17.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #513 of 1,676
Hello, been perusing headfi for a few months now.

Tried searching this thread for specifics as to how the E07k Andes is working with the Note II, and the results seem a bit garbled.

From what I can gather, mostly international Note IIs and S3s are the ones working, and American ones have mixed results.

I'm on an American AT&T Samsung Note II running stock Android 4.1.2.

Can anybody tell me if their similar setup is working with the E07k Andes?

Thanks!

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #517 of 1,676
Quote:
+1, and please specify international or US, carrier, and which android you're running (which version of stock/root). thanks :)

+256435131.

Would LOVE to get my E07K working with my (rooted) Galaxy S3.

Feb 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #518 of 1,676
Hey guys

I've got a Galaxy S3, international version, rooted, running Omega JB ROM with the latest Siyah kernel. I'm about to buy the E07K and want to connect it with USB to get the best out of it (I'm currently using an E6 via headphone jack and don't want to amp an already amped signal). All of the music I play is FLAC, and I recently got myself some Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's, which I'd really like to make sing.

I've read a fair few threads and I've gotten confused with the cable I need to get it working properly. I think it's the micro-A plug to mini-B plug, but I'm not certain. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Preferably a short one like the LOD I used to use for my iPod/E5. I've emailed Frank at Toxic Cables (I'm in the UK) and hope he can help, but anything you guys can offer would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #519 of 1,676
I have a Rogers Galaxy S3 I-747M (same model as AT&T) and my E07K has worked since day one. This is the USB OTG cable I bought: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GGBYJ4
ir

My phone is rooted, but on stock 4.1.1 ROM. Rooting has nothing to do with it is my guess.

I'm starting to think that is something that goes more with the cable used. I would gather information about the Fiio firmware as well.

Maybe we should create a new thread specifically for Samsung-Fiio compatibility and leave this one for other audio related issues. Tomorrow I'll post my configuration, it's already a little bit late...

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #522 of 1,676
Ok, there we go! This is the configuration that didn't work for me.

Phone:          Samsung Galaxy Note II
Model:           N7100
ROM:            Root Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 compilation JZ054K.N7100XXDLK7
Kernel:          Perseus Alpha 32
Other mods:  Simplistic Control & MultiWindow Hacks

DAC:             Fiio E07K
Firmware:      FWOOLMOOJA

DAC:             Fiio E17
Firmware:      FWOOLC11EN

Cable:            "Samsung Stock USB Male-Micro USB Male" to
                      "USB Female-Mini USB Male Adapter"  Amazon

If we all follow the same schema, we should get some conclusions! Looking forward to your configurations, either it worked or not!

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #525 of 1,676
Got this one today and didn't work either... will try one of those OTG to see if there is really any difference...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270803395745?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back