FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #286 of 1,676
Quote:
Panda, if I'm bypassing ipad's DAC using CCK with my Fiio Andes, why the EQ in the music player is still able to change the sound that comes out fom headphones?
Thanks,
Matias

It is up to the app on how it does it but all of this should still happen in the digital stage. Think about it, an application should not be able to mess with the iOS's amplifier.

My only guess is that these apps effect the audio stream in the digital stage before it hits the DAC of the E07K. Thus the newly transformed signal is processed through the DAC and amp of the E07K.

But of course, this is just a logical guess.

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #288 of 1,676
Quote:

Was there anything(question) of yours you wanted bumped? Your last post was a comment. 
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #290 of 1,676
Quote:
would it be possible to connect the fiio e07k or e11 to my android device (htc wildfire s) ? if so, are there any specific cords id need ? please and thanks a million

I don't think the HTC Wildfire supports USB OTG? This is just a guess as most HTC's especially non flagships don't. But hey, correct me please.

If it doesn't you will need to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from E11 or E07K to your HTC. FiiO incldues a cable with their E07K and E11's.

It is this bendy wire just above the E07K in this photo:

However this is usually a lower quality version as you are using the amp and DAC of the HTC in conjunction with the FiiO's.

If you are curious as to why, please watch these two videos of mine:
http://youtu.be/Hyjt83X8nQE
http://youtu.be/AdM-K8k5KMw

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #291 of 1,676
Quote:
I don't think the HTC Wildfire supports USB OTG? This is just a guess as most HTC's especially non flagships don't. But hey, correct me please.

If it doesn't you will need to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from E11 or E07K to your HTC. FiiO incldues a cable with their E07K and E11's.

It is this bendy wire just above the E07K in this photo:

However this is usually a lower quality version as you are using the amp and DAC of the HTC in conjunction with the FiiO's.

If you are curious as to why, please watch these two videos of mine:
http://youtu.be/Hyjt83X8nQE
http://youtu.be/AdM-K8k5KMw

unfortunately, it does not support. thanks anyway. im a novice to this but ive been doing research. so excuse my noobish questions lol,

if i get a sansa clip+ would the amp of the e07k be better than the e11 ? i wont be using computer for my music source btw

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #292 of 1,676
Quote:
unfortunately, it does not support. thanks anyway. im a novice to this but ive been doing research. so excuse my noobish questions lol,

if i get a sansa clip+ would the amp of the e07k be better than the e11 ? i wont be using computer for my music source btw

We were all noobs at one point. I look at my first posts every now and then and smile. 

I'll look on the forums for an E11 to buy to compare. That is an excellent question as both are very similarily priced.

Edit:
None are availble.

Dec 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #293 of 1,676
Great thread and effort Panda man and all. This seems like a great product once again from Fiio. My main question is does anyone use a portable amp via line out from a DAP/phone anymore? Or basically just USB from laptop if it's an amp/dac.

I ask this because in many threads it's all about bypassing Android dacs and otg cables, ccks and whatnot. I think the evolution is great, but does anyone just plug in a dap with lod and just rock and roll anymore?

Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD

Dec 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #294 of 1,676
Quote:
Great thread and effort Panda man and all. This seems like a great product once again from Fiio. My main question is does anyone use a portable amp via line out from a DAP/phone anymore? Or basically just USB from laptop if it's an amp/dac.
I ask this because in many threads it's all about bypassing Android dacs and otg cables, ccks and whatnot. I think the evolution is great, but does anyone just plug in a dap with lod and just rock and roll anymore?
Cheers!!!

I sure do, with my two iPods! 

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #295 of 1,676
Quote:

I sure do, with my two iPods! 

Nice Achmed...Thanks!

I try to follow up on new developments and gear and somehow when a new usb device comes out, the priority seems to be on bypassing the source's DAC, instead of trying to focus on the new device's specs and features.  I'm all into bypassing onboard sound on PCs and laptops and have too many desktop dacs as it is, but in the whole portable source world this has me amazed/intrigued/curious etc...

I believe it was in this thread that someone recommended the E11 over the E07k if you were only going to use the amp section.  I mean, the difference in price is like $30 but would it not be good for future purposes if you wanted to connect to a laptop and know you were ready if the situation arose?  I own an XM5 that I have had for years and mainly use it with an ipod but every now and then I like plugging it into a laptop....IMO, it's good to have options.

I guess the question I am trying to ask since this seems to be a good device is- If I were to use it as an amp via line out to my iDevices or via usb with laptop with no bypassing the source's dac, would this product still be recommended in full force?

Thanks!!!

I see you got your hands on some 'Sones Achmed and I believe you seem to be enjoying them...Congratz...
beerchug.gif

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #296 of 1,676
Quote:
Cheers!!!

etysmile.gif

everyone still does. Depending on what you are used to seeing by only going to specific forums you may not notice but it is just as popular if not even more popular now. 
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the copliments Heat and have a Happy Holiday's to you :)

Dec 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #297 of 1,676
Hey guys, I'm looking for a dac/amp to drive a pair of HFI 2400's. Would the E07k's work well with these? Is the E07k better then the E10? What sort of differences are there between the E07k and the E17? These cans have a 70 ohm impedance for what it's worth.

I have heard the E11 has a better amp then the E17 and E07k, is it possible to get a good USB dac and use that with an E11? Or is that a bad idea?

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #298 of 1,676
I received a Fiio E7 today for Christmas, I requested this however as they are pretty much the same price I'm wondering if its worth sending the E7 back to Amazon and getting an E07K instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back