FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #256 of 1,676
Quote:
IT WORKED!  I used the Trial Version of "USB Audio Recorder Pro".  (I will now have to buy the full version).

Phone Specs: 

- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S III running stock Android 4.1.2

- Kernel Version: 3.0.48-cyanogemod-ge67063c

Instructions (That worked for me).

- Install USB Audio Recorder Pro (Did not open after install) / Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro

- Plugged in E07K using this cable:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MI79HO

- Made sure E07K Charge Mode is Off

- Open the USB Audio Recorder Pro app

- Once running, use these settings:  44.1 / 24bit / FLAC.

Worked like a charm! 

what i hate about usb audio recorder:
1) no playlist
2) screen off = audio stop

if that developer take this opportunity and develop a music player or usb audio enabler with his usb driver he would get fortune from selling it @_@. alot of ppl want to use their unsupported dac models on android and w8ing for solution.

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #257 of 1,676
Quote:
what i hate about usb audio recorder:
1) no playlist
2) screen off = audio stop

if that developer take this opportunity and develop a music player or usb audio enabler with his usb driver he would get fortune from selling it @_@. alot of ppl want to use their unsupported dac models on android and w8ing for solution.

I agree 100%!

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #258 of 1,676
we can't promise that E07k will work with any Android phone ,  that is why we decide to make a portable USB DAC / AMP KUNLUN/E18 for Galaxy series, even the KUNLUN can't support all the Android phone with OTG and 4.1 system. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 22, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #259 of 1,676
we can't promise that E07k will work with any Android phone ,  that is why we decide to make a portable USB DAC / AMP KUNLUN/E18 for Galaxy series, even the KUNLUN can't support all the Android phone with OTG and 4.1 system. 

Every DAC worked with USB audio recorder USB driver so far,i m sure the developers will try to make identical driver to that 1 to eleminate the android limitation to interwork with any DAC.
The question is, how powerful is the e18, equal to e07k or e17 or weaker?

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #260 of 1,676

What I don't understand is that the E7 was confirmed to work so I thought the E07k would continue to but with improved features. Seems like the E07k is more like the E17 with less features.

Anyways, I noted in another thread that even my galaxy tab 2 and S2X recognized the E07k with the audio recorder app but the table was able to play flack while the S2X did not.

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #261 of 1,676
What are some of the music applications that you guys tried using with the Andes? On my phone I have Power Amp, the stock player and Neutron Music player. None of them seem to work... It would seem that we are going to have to beg the Dev of the USB Audio Recorder to come out with a full fledged music playing app..

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #262 of 1,676
Sonic impressions will be up tonight. Emergency/abubpt family meeting came up. Holiday was supposed to be at my house but it was changed all of a sudden.

As i can not do comparisons ill only have impressions based on experience and memory.

All/most sections of the review will be updated with more information. I have a better feel of this unit now.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #263 of 1,676
Quote:
What are some of the music applications that you guys tried using with the Andes? On my phone I have Power Amp, the stock player and Neutron Music player. None of them seem to work... It would seem that we are going to have to beg the Dev of the USB Audio Recorder to come out with a full fledged music playing app..

google play.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #264 of 1,676
Quote:
Aren't these the exact same models but different bloatware? I would but I'm seriously locked in with Robber's.
Anyways, got a reply back from FiiO that using a DAC for smartphones is not supported so back this unit goes as I have the E17/E09k and E11 so the E07k is pretty well useless for me now.
I think I'll get the Leckerton or iBasso as I believe those are known to be working. 

not too sure, i just recently moved from iphone 5 to android so still learning the ins and outs, it was just plug and play for me so haven't really looked too much into it.

i will say this though,  i've flashed my rom to different at&t based ones such as paranoid android and mui or whatever it's called and it doesn't recognize the e07k but when i flash back to stock telus jellybean it works fine again.  haven't flashed ANY kernels so it's probably the rogers ROM.

you can flash a telus rom if the rogers galaxy model is SGH-I747M.  however i am not responsible if you brick your phone!!!

good luck :)

That is because you are then asking the iPad to send more power than allowed (100Ma limit before the error message)

You are currently bypassing the iPad's DAC with CCK and USB an USB chg turned off.

hmmm i'm no techhie but it seems super weird that the ipad can't charge the e07k when my s3 will work with the andes even with USB charging on.  
of course this sucks the battery dry which is why i turn it off but that just seems strange to me.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #265 of 1,676
not too sure, i just recently moved from iphone 5 to android so still learning the ins and outs, it was just plug and play for me so haven't really looked too much into it.

i will say this though,  i've flashed my rom to different at&t based ones such as paranoid android and mui or whatever it's called and it doesn't recognize the e07k but when i flash back to stock telus jellybean it works fine again.  haven't flashed ANY kernels so it's probably the rogers ROM.

you can flash a telus rom if the rogers galaxy model is SGH-I747M.  however i am not responsible if you brick your phone!!!

good luck :)

hmmm i'm no techhie but it seems super weird that the ipad can't charge the e07k when my s3 will work with the andes even with USB charging on.  
of course this sucks the battery dry which is why i turn it off but that just seems strange to me.
It is up to software if it can alloe that much power. Depending on hardware it is to protect internal parts and improve its own battery.

The S3 and Android phones depending on rom are open. I have heard of some rom or versions of the OS that allow for a bit more power.

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #266 of 1,676
But can you repeat this while the device is on or do you have to restart or power down each time???

I managed to get audio from E17 with the E09k dock but lost it after I disconnected it.  It seems I get better results if I leave the phone powered off for awhile and then try after powering on.

I think some of the E07k units are a bit power hungry cause the symptoms are the same when I try to plug in the E17 docked, powered with another USB power line and unpowered.  I also tried the E07k in the E09k dock, got sound once and lost it.

I think the best for sure route at a reasonable price is the iBasso D-Zero dac/amp.  It's better than the E7 but costs a bit more.

Actually just tested right now it works with the device on.

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #267 of 1,676
hello, im a new user on headfi but have been doing research for my needs every now and again. ive made a decision to purchase the sony mdr-7506 with a fiio e07k. would it be ok to use a sansa clip+ as my mp3 ? or could i use my htc wildfire s (android 2.3.4 BTW) help is greatly appreciated !

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #268 of 1,676
Quote:
hello, im a new user on headfi but have been doing research for my needs every now and again. ive made a decision to purchase the sony mdr-7506 with a fiio e07k. would it be ok to use a sansa clip+ as my mp3 ? or could i use my htc wildfire s (android 2.3.4 BTW) help is greatly appreciated !

Get the E11,  With those devices, you won't need the DAC unless you plan to use it with your computer.  E11 is an amp only and a pretty good one at that.

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #270 of 1,676
thanks. are there any cords ill need that won't come With the e11 ill need ?

Everything you need will come with the E11. :smile:

I do suggest upgrading your interconnect though.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280973034324?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back