FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #211 of 1,676
I have the Andes and a US Galaxy S III, I have several USB OTG cables, one of them from Samsung. None of them seem to work and I have the same problems listed here when trying to get the Andes to work through USB. The music is muted, and the song plays fast. I have Tried every possible combination of cables and have tried to do them all in different orders. As for my phone I'm Running the stock ICS 4.04, with a scheduled upgrade to Jelly Bean this Friday, Possibly going to root if it doesn't work... I'll keep you guys posted if anything works....

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #212 of 1,676
All of the above describe the behavior that I reported earlier with my Galaxy S3... muted audio, track time counts up quickly. Oddly enough, I got it to work ONE time for about a half hour with Spotify. It hiccuped a few times with some digital skipping (ie. playing too fast for just a few seconds), but then settled in and worked perfectly. I haven't been able to get it to work with dozens of attempts before and since.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #213 of 1,676
Quote:
All of the above describe the behavior that I reported earlier with my Galaxy S3... muted audio, track time counts up quickly. Oddly enough, I got it to work ONE time for about a half hour with Spotify. It hiccuped a few times with some digital skipping (ie. playing too fast for just a few seconds), but then settled in and worked perfectly. I haven't been able to get it to work with dozens of attempts before and since.

Interesting.. Forgive me if I missed it, but what version of android are you running? and what was the order you plugged everything in when you did get it to work? I just hope theres a way to get it working when I toss Jelly Bean on mine.

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #214 of 1,676
Guys i have update for you regarding the note 2
@_@
i have downloaded usb audio recorder trial to see whether the usb audio through andes work or not, when i open a flac using this program and i play it >_<, BINGOOO @_@ the song was playing through andes XD, the sound coming from andes using usb recorder app was sooooo clear, i think theres a conflict between android system and the andes.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #215 of 1,676
I tried my brothers note 2 on att and same thing doesn't work.

I'll have to try the usb audio recorder but looking for a solution.

I am going to do a factory reset as well to eliminate any apps that i have downloaded that may be causing a conflict.

Had it working for a bit using stock player and can't get it back.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #216 of 1,676
I tried my brothers note 2 on att and same thing doesn't work.
I'll have to try the usb audio recorder but looking for a solution.
I am going to do a factory reset as well to eliminate any apps that i have downloaded that may be causing a conflict.
Had it working for a bit using stock player and can't get it back.

Developer of usb recorder said that hes using his own usb driver codes to get audio device to work, so far every dac tested with usb recorder is working, even the e17, the developer said he will include playlist option in the next version,i guess the only way to play sound is through that app

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #217 of 1,676
I will try that app tomorrow. Managed a few times to get it to work after a series or restarts but that seems to be fluke. I still don't know why others are having no problems. That kind of bugs me.

Oh well, at least you found usb recorder so that's better than nothing.

I just tried usb audio recorder which I had to side load the free trial and it won't recognize or initialize my usb device.

Grabbed the wrong version. The correct version did recognize the dac but how do you play flacs?

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #218 of 1,676
Quote:
I have the Andes and a US Galaxy S III, I have several USB OTG cables, one of them from Samsung. None of them seem to work and I have the same problems listed here when trying to get the Andes to work through USB. The music is muted, and the song plays fast. I have Tried every possible combination of cables and have tried to do them all in different orders. As for my phone I'm Running the stock ICS 4.04, with a scheduled upgrade to Jelly Bean this Friday, Possibly going to root if it doesn't work... I'll keep you guys posted if anything works....

As i have posted earlier in the thread, my Andes works with my s3 (JB 4.1.1) international version as i am from south east asia. Maybe it doesnt work on the US versions ~ i Tried with the aux in and USB OTG.

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #220 of 1,676
I will try that app tomorrow. Managed a few times to get it to work after a series or restarts but that seems to be fluke. I still don't know why others are having no problems. That kind of bugs me.
Oh well, at least you found usb recorder so that's better than nothing.
I just tried usb audio recorder which I had to side load the free trial and it won't recognize or initialize my usb device.
Grabbed the wrong version. The correct version did recognize the dac but how do you play flacs?

You will see a folder icon on the top left corner, click it and choose your flac file, choose 44.1 and 24bit in setting and click play. Dont choose 48 ot 90 cuz it will not work well

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #221 of 1,676
Quote:
You will see a folder icon on the top left corner, click it and choose your flac file, choose 44.1 and 24bit in setting and click play. Dont choose 48 ot 90 cuz it will not work well

I think I'm getting apps mixed up.  There is an app called the same with a companion app called USB Audio Tester (white and red icon) that does recognize the fiio e07k but can't do anything but record.  The other app with the USB symbol as the icon still doesn't recognize the e07k so I may have to play around with that.

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #222 of 1,676
Quote:
Interesting.. Forgive me if I missed it, but what version of android are you running? and what was the order you plugged everything in when you did get it to work? I just hope theres a way to get it working when I toss Jelly Bean on mine.

US Galaxy S3 on AT&T running Jelly Bean. Same behavior before and after a factory reset. I got it to work by plugging in the OTG cable first, then the DAC, then rebooting. However, I tried the same steps a bunch of times since then with no luck. As I mentioned earlier, I downloaded an app called USBAudioTester that allows you to pass sounds picked up by the GS3's mic through the dac via usb audio. This works every time without fail. If I snap my fingers or knock on the desk, I hear it a split second later through the headphones. This app also identifies the Fiio E07K by name, so Android is obviously identifying the device. It seems that the only people in this thread that consistently get playback are not on US-based carriers.

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #223 of 1,676
I tried with my UCA202 Behringer DAC and works flawlessly.

USB Audio Recorder Pro still doesn't detect the UCA but I can play music and unplug/plug without any problems and audio will always go through the Behringer.

I am going to state that the E07K is not fully compatible and may need a firmware update???

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #224 of 1,676
Quote:

I think I'm getting apps mixed up.  There is an app called the same with a companion app called USB Audio Tester (white and red icon) that does recognize the fiio e07k but can't do anything but record.  The other app with the USB symbol as the icon still doesn't recognize the e07k so I may have to play around with that.

how come it doesnt work with you, first plugin the dac then open the usb recorder, the usb recorder will request to use the usb device, click ok then its gonna work.

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #225 of 1,676
Quote:
how come it doesnt work with you, first plugin the dac then open the usb recorder, the usb recorder will request to use the usb device, click ok then its gonna work.

I keep getting "Error Failed to initialize USB device!" message.

I tried many variations of connecting the dac prior to opening the app and have to manually close the app in task manager prior to reconnecting/restarting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back