FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #106 of 1,676
just came to confirm the usb audio is also working on my stock jellybean 4.0.1 rom right out of the box :)

haven't had much time to play around with it but the volume still works on my samsung player on the phone? is that right?  i know it's working through usb cuz well lol it's the only thing plugged in :)

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #107 of 1,676
Ahh, gotcha, I did think about that after that the gain is just increasing the volume of its normal volume by 6db which is why music was quieter when I switched it from 6db to 0db. 6db at 30 volume was too loud but switched to 0db and bumped up to 35 and it was perfect. Very happy with this amp. I'm also guessing putting it at 6/12db gain is needed for harder to drive headphones?

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #108 of 1,676
Quote:
Ahh, gotcha, I did think about that after that the gain is just increasing the volume of its normal volume by 6db which is why music was quieter when I switched it from 6db to 0db. 6db at 30 volume was too loud but switched to 0db and bumped up to 35 and it was perfect. Very happy with this amp. I'm also guessing putting it at 6/12db gain is needed for harder to drive headphones?

Yep
Quote:
just came to confirm the usb audio is also working on my stock jellybean 4.0.1 rom right out of the box :)

haven't had much time to play around with it but the volume still works on my samsung player on the phone? is that right?  i know it's working through usb cuz well lol it's the only thing plugged in :)

I don't use Android and what not but it can still work, as its the only thing connected I would say its working. Check the E07K says USB up top. And you are a ok. It won't say USB unless DAC is doing some lifting.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #110 of 1,676
I just ordered the FiiO E07K and they should arrive tomorrow. I'm so excited! This is my first amp in general to power my first set of real headphones (ATH-ESW9s). I'm looking forward to it because I already love the headphones without the amp. *drool*

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #112 of 1,676
Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't get my E07K to work via USB with my Galaxy S3 (AT&T, recently upgraded to Jelly Bean). It works with the aux connection on my GS3 and iPad, and works with USB from my computer. However, when I connect the Fiio to the GS3 using a USB OTG cable, it doesn't play anything. Someone earlier in this thread said that it did work. Can anyone confirm E07K compatibility with a Galaxy S3 via USB? Is there anything that I have to enable in Android to make it work?

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #114 of 1,676
Quote:
Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't get my E07K to work via USB with my Galaxy S3 (AT&T, recently upgraded to Jelly Bean). It works with the aux connection on my GS3 and iPad, and works with USB from my computer. However, when I connect the Fiio to the GS3 using a USB OTG cable, it doesn't play anything. Someone earlier in this thread said that it did work. Can anyone confirm E07K compatibility with a Galaxy S3 via USB? Is there anything that I have to enable in Android to make it work?

The software needed to run it. Settings and etc. Cyanogen possibly. Don't take me for this
Quote:
Anyone know how this puppy would compare to the C421 and UD100 in sound and portability?

CLIEOS would but you are comparing two units a bit out of the range of the E07K.

It would kinda be asking how the standard Corvette pairs with the most basic Lamborghini in a sense.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #115 of 1,676
Thinking of buying this as a gift for a person who has a lot of electronic toys and loves music but does not have a amp/DAC for his iphone. It is the only thing I can think of to buy. Do any of the people who bought this know if it comes with the cable for an iphone and those rubber bands?

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #116 of 1,676
Quote:
Thinking of buying this as a gift for a person who has a lot of electronic toys and loves music but does not have a amp/DAC for his iphone. It is the only thing I can think of to buy. Do any of the people who bought this know if it comes with the cable for an iphone and those rubber bands?

It comes with rubber band and an AUX cable. But no LOD for iPhone 4S and previous edition iPods with the 30 pin dock

If he likes music.....why not headphones if he doesn't have those already

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #117 of 1,676
Quote:
It comes with rubber band and an AUX cable. But no LOD for iPhone 4S and previous edition iPods with the 30 pin dock

If he likes music.....why not headphones if he doesn't have those already

He got a real nice pair of Sennheiser RS for his birthday and he has about 4 or 5 pair of IEMs. Looking for a $100 stocking stuffer instead of the usual $50 Starbucks and iTunes card. So I should buy the FiiO L9 in addition.

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #118 of 1,676
Quote:
He got a real nice pair of Sennheiser RS for his birthday and he has about 4 or 5 pair of IEMs. Looking for a $100 stocking stuffer instead of the usual $50 Starbucks and iTunes card. So I should buy the FiiO L9 in addition.

Last I checked the Sennheiser RS is wireless......the majority of them accept only 3.5mm input so yeah you could use the E07K in a static enviroment as a DAC and then output but that would defeat the purpose of te E07K and thus a desktop amp and DAC would be better

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #119 of 1,676
i'm listening to it via USB right now.  my phone is rooted but i'm using the stock jellybean rom.  i'm with telus in canada which is the same model as ATT in the states. 

when you connect your OTG cable does the galaxy show a msg that USB has been connected (even before plugging in the dac to the OTG?)

Quote:

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #120 of 1,676
So I've been listening to my music with my ANDES and I'm loving it...

Slight problem though.. on certain songs, it seems that my music 'crackles' at certain low points (I'm listening to A Dark Knight from the Dark Knight OST on a macbook pro if that helps any).

Maybe it's a problem with itunes...>.> I wouldn't put it past apple to screw things up like that...

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back