FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #76 of 1,676
I have a desktop amp. It's driving 1350 much better. I am just too picky on UHA-4, I guess. Thanks

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #77 of 1,676
Just invested in my first audiophile equipment and the E07K was the DAC/Amp that I chose. Got it for $89 shipped via Amazon Prime. I only have my ATH-M50S and RE-0 to test it out on. But from the addictive listening on the M50 so  I can say that the soundstage improves dramatically over the Macbook's analog out. It might just be my ears from listening to music for about 20 hours everyday this past week, but I feel like the bass output from the dual OpAmps in the E07K kind of overpower the mids and the highs are rolled off. It's refreshing in a weird way though because it's a nice warmer SS than the brightness that I'm used to from the M50s. Still haven't touched the EQ settings yet but I'm saving that for after I'm done with my final exams, haha.

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #78 of 1,676
^Good to know since I will be using my M50's too. 

Hoping my thinksounds will sound good on it too, my laptop runs IDT audio and it makes them sound washed out and I need to have the volume at full to even be loud enough and I noticed this after using them first on my work computer which runs Realtek audio drivers and volume need to be 70 max. Never noticed the sound on my Klipsch or M50's which is weird

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #79 of 1,676
Glad I searched here before ordering an E7!

Goona ask Santa for an E07K I think :)  I'm actually surprised by quality of the bundled IEMs that come with the Note2. Using them with poweramp, and to my none audiophile ears, they actually sound pretty alright!  Plenty of base, just not loads of treble for the cymbals etc.

Probably a stupid question, but do these portable Amps/DACs pass through in line remote instructions? IE, if I plug in the E07K via USB to my note2, will the play/pause and volume buttons on the IEMs work stilll?

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #80 of 1,676
N
Glad I searched here before ordering an E7!

Goona ask Santa for an E07K I think :)  I'm actually surprised by quality of the bundled IEMs that come with the Note2. Using them with poweramp, and to my none audiophile ears, they actually sound pretty alright!  Plenty of base, just not loads of treble for the cymbals etc.

Probably a stupid question, but do these portable Amps/DACs pass through in line remote instructions? IE, if I plug in the E07K via USB to my note2, will the play/pause and volume buttons on the IEMs work stilll?

No. Most dac and amp output stereo. They do not accept input from earphones.

Fiio E02i rocky ($29) itself is a smartphone control and mic and amp. My review on it has been up(only one i think). Chrck it out. Very warm and bassy amp. Not really of high clear quality but is a good amper for volume and bass boost. It has a power on and off pop problem though

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #81 of 1,676
Just ordered this to drive my DT1350.  I don't think my little Fiio e6 was quite doing the job.  

Hard to describe but on some parts of a song where there's a "peak" like when a singer's voice rises I hear crackling.  These are Apple lossless files.  I'm thinking my DT1350 was slightly under driven and the e07k will help clear it up.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #85 of 1,676
Quote:
Super Noob here, Wondering which device would work better w/Ipod 5g rockboxed for SQ, the E17 or E07K?

E17 has better amp section so the SQ is better than E07K, the amp in E07K is MAX97220, and AD8397 in E17 . 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #87 of 1,676
Hi there, thanks for the info. So, can I assume that it function exactly like the E7 when docked. Are the features like the channel balance, bass boost and other new features still works when docked? Thanks in advance.
There is a lo bypass switch on the side of Andes just like the Alpen. This allows you to either bypass all amps of the Andes and only use E9/0K or if you set it to the right position(i dont know if it was up or down) it will enable the pre amp and still allow the eq and other controls to be used. I do not know if left and right balance still works, but volume and eq does.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #88 of 1,676
Quote:
There is a lo bypass switch on the side of Andes just like the Alpen. This allows you to either bypass all amps of the Andes and only use E9/0K or if you set it to the right position(i dont know if it was up or down) it will enable the pre amp and still allow the eq and other controls to be used. I do not know if left and right balance still works, but volume and eq does.

Thanks bowei006, that would be good enough. I'm have been looking to replace the E7 for some time now and this might just fit in. Anyway, I would basically be using only the dac section as I for my only the dac section for my rig. In your opinion, is the dac section a significant upgrade as compared to the E7? In the same price bracket, is there any others that I could consider along with the E07K. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #89 of 1,676
Thanks bowei006, that would be good enough. I'm have been looking to replace the E7 for some time now and this might just fit in. Anyway, I would basically be using only the dac section as I for my only the dac section for my rig. In your opinion, is the dac section a significant upgrade as compared to the E7? In the same price bracket, is there any others that I could consider along with the E07K. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

They use the exact same DAC. Usb input is now 24/96 and inplementation may be different.

All FiiO right now use WM8740 DAC. If you only want a DAC unit, HRT, AudioEngine and Muse have good dedicated dac units. Even the stoner ud100 has gotten good reviews

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #90 of 1,676
Hi bowei006. Thanks for the inputs, appreciate it. I think I've read that the HRT MS2 with their more than 2 ohm output having clipping/distortion issue with the E9 but will check out the rest as suggested. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back