FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Apr 20, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #1,291 of 1,676
You are supposed to switch off everything for that 30min or so what xD if anything, you can secretly do so... I know some who needs to listen to headphone while landing and taking off if not, their ear will not feel comfortable although I personally find it is just a excuses haha

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #1,292 of 1,676
Delta allows use of ipad, iphones, and tablets in general in airplane mode during take off and landing.  Though the  use of a DAC is in a grey area; most likely it would be viewed as an iphone.  So the keyboard has to go unused during the take off period.

Suppose I could use the E07 as an amp and not as a DAC during this time period.

Apr 21, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #1,293 of 1,676
Quick question about using the Fiio E07k that may come down to personal preference:

Do you guys max the volume on your source device before setting the volume on the Fiio or do you balance the two?

For example, I can set my laptop to 100% and then use the Fiio at about a 16-20 volume, or I can set my laptop to 50% and use the Fiio at closer to 30.  I'm not sure if it makes any sort of a difference at the end of the day, though maybe battery life is affected.

Thanks.

Apr 21, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #1,294 of 1,676
  Quick question about using the Fiio E07k that may come down to personal preference:

Do you guys max the volume on your source device before setting the volume on the Fiio or do you balance the two?

For example, I can set my laptop to 100% and then use the Fiio at about a 16-20 volume, or I can set my laptop to 50% and use the Fiio at closer to 30.  I'm not sure if it makes any sort of a difference at the end of the day, though maybe battery life is affected.

Thanks.

When connected to laptop, it is supposed to bypass both its DAC and amp and using E07K's DAC/amp. It is just that James @ FiiO was worried some new comers are not used to it, thus you could still adjust the volume via laptop instead of E07K. It doesn't really makes a different at all.

UNLESS

You are double amping your phone then that's a different story. Set the volume on your phone to MAX and rely on E07k's volume setting

Hope it helps
Billson

PS: Protect your hearing! Don't forget to remove headphone while turning your laptop volume to 100% in case you forgot to lower the E07K volume first xD haha

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,295 of 1,676

Thanks.

If you used the Fiio LOD cable (sold separately) then changing the volume on your iPod has no effect at all you are supposed to control via the e07k. However, if you are using the normal 3.5mm cable then I would suggest you leave device to 100% and control volume via the amp. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #1,298 of 1,676
iOS 7.1.1 NOt compatible with E07k through CCK USB?

After update, I cannot pair them.

I have trial to pair iphone 5s with other DACs, it works fine, and then I connect e07k to my mac and it works fine too.

Whats the problem here?

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #1,300 of 1,676
Yup I did. I use mine E07K everyday.
"other dacs" that works fine with CCK are NAD D3020 and the internal DAC in B&W mm1.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #1,301 of 1,676
My thought (based on my limited knowledge) is probably because the E07K requires more power from the iPad and that the iPad may not be able to achieve? What message does it pops up when it doesn't work?

Sorry, can't help much :frowning2:
Billson

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #1,302 of 1,676
E07k worked fine with previous iOS7.

iOS 7.1.1 was release 2 days ago.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,303 of 1,676
Off topic, but is it working fine? I was aware that it was released. Wasn't dared to upgrade mine to that as my iPad2 and iPhone 4 is considered old to the Apple family, worried it will slow down or affect their performance :/

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,304 of 1,676
Off topic, but is it working fine? I was aware that it was released. Wasn't dared to upgrade mine to that as my iPad2 and iPhone 4 is considered old to the Apple family, worried it will slow down or affect their performance :/

If phone companies don't start looking out for their older models they are never going to engender real brand loyalty.  Apple has been taking consumers for granted since the first iPhone and Samsung and Motorola don't do much better.  Motorola may actually be worse.  It is a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back