FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Jan 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #361 of 1,676
Quote:
so u would prefer e07k over e10?? and then sell my e11?

I never mentioned the E07K nor the E10 in my post.

I said that if you were so distraught and wanted the best of all worlds. You could have the option of selling the E11 to get the E17.

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #362 of 1,676
Quote:
I never mentioned the E07K nor the E10 in my post.

I said that if you were so distraught and wanted the best of all worlds. You could have the option of selling the E11 to get the E17.

yeah. but that makes too much trouble for me. that is why i don't consider e17. 
anyway, do you have any thought on e07k and e10? i saw ur video, u seem to be very happy with e07k, that is why i thought u might prefer e07k. 

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #363 of 1,676
Quote:

yeah. but that makes too much trouble for me. that is why i don't consider e17. 
anyway, do you have any thought on e07k and e10? i saw ur video, u seem to be very happy with e07k, that is why i thought u might prefer e07k. 

I can't prefer a device over another I don't have sadly.

I am quite happy with the E07K for portable and desktop usage as a package. The problems I do have some problems with are listed in my review. 

Well let me say this. You also can't prefer a device over another you never had. Be it an E10 or an E07K. If you like the sound of FiiO's E11. you willbe fine with either one of those probably. But as your final choice will be one or the other, you would have never heard the other. And thus would never be a thing to deal with anyway.

Simply put, the E10 is a desktop DAC and amp without EQ that uses the same DAC as E07K which is a portable DAC and amp. Seeing as how they both use the same DAC and the implementation of it for a device of this category wouldn't make a night and day difference, it may just be safe to say E07K. 

OR.

You could just go on ebay, and buy a desktop DAC and amp that also uses the WM8740 or another chip. That is a popular option, buying Chinese audio products on ebay.

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #364 of 1,676
Quote:
I can't prefer a device over another I don't have sadly.

I am quite happy with the E07K for portable and desktop usage as a package. The problems I do have some problems with are listed in my review. 

Well let me say this. You also can't prefer a device over another you never had. Be it an E10 or an E07K. If you like the sound of FiiO's E11. you willbe fine with either one of those probably. But as your final choice will be one or the other, you would have never heard the other. And thus would never be a thing to deal with anyway.

Simply put, the E10 is a desktop DAC and amp without EQ that uses the same DAC as E07K which is a portable DAC and amp. Seeing as how they both use the same DAC and the implementation of it for a device of this category wouldn't make a night and day difference, it may just be safe to say E07K. 

OR.

You could just go on ebay, and buy a desktop DAC and amp that also uses the WM8740 or another chip. That is a popular option, buying Chinese audio products on ebay.

OK, thanks for that. one last question. is e07k's eq adjusting a hardware eq, like the bass boost on e11,? or a software eq?

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #365 of 1,676
Quote:
OK, thanks for that. one last question. is e07k's eq adjusting a hardware eq, like the bass boost on e11,? or a software eq?

Hardware. It has been answered right above that the E07K and E17 apply the EQ before it hits the DAC

PMP--Digital Stream-->FiiO Device-->EQ -->DAC-->Amps.

I'm not sure where FiiO places their pre amp. Before the DAC or after the DAC in a two step pre amp then amp design or pre before DAC and then main output buffer amp after DAC.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #366 of 1,676
Quote:
Hardware. It has been answered right above that the E07K and E17 apply the EQ before it hits the DAC

I'm not sure where FiiO places their pre amp. Before the DAC or after the DAC in a two step pre amp then amp design or pre before DAC and then main output buffer amp after DAC.

got it, thanks

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #367 of 1,676
Quote:

USB receiver----- SPDIF Audio Stream------ SPDIF reciver-------IIS Strem---------DAC------Analog Audio Signal---OP amps------Hardware EQ---Volume---Headphone amp----Headphone out

--------------------------------------Full Digital Signal----------------------------|---------------------------Full Analog Signal----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 6, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #368 of 1,676
FWIW, disregard my post about the E07K needing to be louder with the iPOD touch via LOD. I forgot to turn the volume up to max on the ipod and you can't turn it up once LOD is plugged in. 

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #371 of 1,676
Quote:

USB receiver----- SPDIF Audio Stream------ SPDIF reciver-------IIS Strem---------DAC------Analog Audio Signal---OP amps------Hardware EQ---Volume---Headphone amp----Headphone out

--------------------------------------Full Digital Signal----------------------------|---------------------------Full Analog Signal----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Oh is that so? Thanks for the clarification. I was going off CLIEOS.

Quote:
What setting do folks have their gain set to? Got mine at 0dB as anything else was just generating noise in the background

Whatever you like for your IEM/Headphone.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #372 of 1,676
Quote:
I have a Sansa Fuze 8gb with a 32gb micro sd. Do i need a LOD for it/will there be a noticeable difference? 

I had a LOD for my Sansa Fuze, which was of the FiiO flavor.  They actually stopped selling them due to low demand for the product.  Mine stopped working on me relatively early.  I still have it, but should troubleshoot the issue.  When my LOD stopped working, I went with the direct connection method.  There wasn't a big change in sound to speak of.  Granted, I wasn't able to do some real A/B testing since my LOD was no longer working, yet from what I understood, the LOD was really needed.  However, the LOD for the Sansa will have to essentially be purchased as a custom or semi-custom product.  There is a small benefit in using the Fuze because it will then apply the DAC processing on the FiiO E07K itself.  If you had an iPod, this would be nearly impossible unless you had an amp that permitted (and approved via licensing by Apple) to bypass their internal DAC on the device.  Fostex makes such a product, but it is about $500.00 to purchase their portable amp / DAC.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #373 of 1,676
You can make a LOD for the Sansa? 

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/DIY-Line-Out-Cable-Works/td-p/72477

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #375 of 1,676
The L6 is discontinued. You have to buy from a non-American site, not sure where he lives at

Users who are viewing this thread

Back