[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Jan 9, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #1,381 of 2,070
Dear friend,

It is now available in our Aliexpress store:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005128079584.html

S98666c12655740ef947eb69594ca87dfB.jpg

Best regards
Order placed, thank you.

I am still hoping you change your mind and give us another colour option red, purple....

Jan 9, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,382 of 2,070
@FiiO and @FiiO Willson Any thoughts/comments on this please? It would really help. I am pretty sure this can be achieved with software as the hardware is present since you ship the device with a C-to-C cable that can be plugged to receive the audio signal from it and communicate/handshake with the connected device. So why not just output to Usb-C headphone while the BTR7 receives audio from Bluetooth.
Just like connecting a headphone to one of it's port but instead of using 3.5mm jack for output, we are using USB-C for output.
I am not sure it is as easy as you might think - the logic designed is for the port to be used as an input not as an output (the circuits are quite different), and the product would have to have been designed up front to make it both support digital in and out. It unfortunately is not a software feature, rather a hardware one. I believe I have seen this requested of other BT dongles and if I am remembering correctly the answer was always that is is not possible unless the design was done to support this from the beginning. Of course only @FiiO can answer for sure.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #1,383 of 2,070
Just got in the BTR7 and put it to the test against my (also just received) 60 ohm, Kinera Nannas

Initially I connected the Nannas to the Qudelix-5K, but it was no bueno, severely underpowered.

Until there's an update to the BTR7, I'll have to learn to live with only three user presets, for the EQ/PEQ

The "Boost bal out mode" makes all the difference, for high impedance IEMs; with it enabled, the playback was close, to my desktop setup, at only half volume.

FiiO PEQ and Bal output.jpg

Jan 10, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #1,384 of 2,070
These are the pics of the english version from the Fiio website. The 3 user presets work on my android and they save by just entering the settings. However, if I reset one of the user presets, all 3 presets are reset. It would be nice if only the user eq that I am using resets and the other 2 stay unchanged.
Thank you for your suggestion, your idea is very reasonable :beerchug:

I have sent your idea to the technical team and they will need to evaluate if the custom settings can be cleared independently and if so, it will be changed in a subsequent software upgrade.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 10, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #1,385 of 2,070
@FiiO and @FiiO Willson Any thoughts/comments on this please? It would really help. I am pretty sure this can be achieved with software as the hardware is present since you ship the device with a C-to-C cable that can be plugged to receive the audio signal from it and communicate/handshake with the connected device. So why not just output to Usb-C headphone while the BTR7 receives audio from Bluetooth.
Just like connecting a headphone to one of it's port but instead of using 3.5mm jack for output, we are using USB-C for output.
Hi,Our BTR series does not have USB audio output function right now.

But I understand that many USB-C interface headphones, its decoding and AMP chip is not good, there are many even do not support HD decoding,
It's sound quality is not good. we have better use 3.5 and 4.4mm headphones

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 10, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #1,386 of 2,070
Hi,Our BTR series does not have USB audio output function right now.

But I understand that many USB-C interface headphones, its decoding and AMP chip is not good, there are many even do not support HD decoding,
It's sound quality is not good. we have better use 3.5 and 4.4mm headphones
Thanks for addressing this @FiiO Willson. When you say "Our BTR series does not have USB audio output function right now.", does it mean it doesn't support that function as of today and could be enabled in the future through software or doesn't have the hardware itself to support this functionality?

Jan 10, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #1,387 of 2,070
Thanks for addressing this @FiiO Willson. When you say "Our BTR series does not have USB audio output function right now.", does it mean it doesn't support that function as of today and could be enabled in the future through software or doesn't have the hardware itself to support this functionality?
To be honest, I fail to see why you want this functionality. A USB-C headphone connected to a BTR7 would be bypassing both the BTR7’s DAC and its amplifier, too. At that point, the BTR7 would become nothing more than a digital wireless bridge.

Why use a specialized audiophile piece of equipment if you are going to stay in the digital realm anyway? At that point, just buy Bluetooth headphones and be done with it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #1,388 of 2,070
Hey all,

Not sure if this has been discussed on this forum previously, but I'm noticing an issue with my BTR7 that I can't seem to resolve. While in USB-DAC mode via USB-C cable from my MacBook Pro M1, there is intermittent crackling/static/popping. It occurs about once every 5-10 minutes and lasts for 3-5 seconds. I have it set via Apple's MIDI control to run 2-channel 32-bit 384kHz.

Thoughts?

It does happen on bluetooth occasionally as well, but not as often or as long.

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #1,389 of 2,070
Hey all,

Not sure if this has been discussed on this forum previously, but I'm noticing an issue with my BTR7 that I can't seem to resolve. While in USB-DAC mode via USB-C cable from my MacBook Pro M1, there is intermittent crackling/static/popping. It occurs about once every 5-10 minutes and lasts for 3-5 seconds. I have it set via Apple's MIDI control to run 2-channel 32-bit 384kHz.

Thoughts?

It does happen on bluetooth occasionally as well, but not as often or as long.
That can sometimes be attributed to interference from a conflicting signal. e.g. a wifi/cellular signal either broadcasting your device's presence or an incoming call.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #1,390 of 2,070
@FiiO Willson hi I am having trouble with the EQ in the app. When I customise custom 1 and 2 somehow it doesn’t get saved on the app. When I connect again it my custom EQ settings are reset. I have probably had to re=enter my PEQ at least 8 times over to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, but the custom EQ doesn't get saved on my device/app. My firmware has been upgraded to 1.88 and I am using iOS on iPhone and iPad. Could you please help?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #1,391 of 2,070
@FiiO Willson hi I am having trouble with the EQ in the app. When I customise custom 1 and 2 somehow it doesn’t get saved on the app. When I connect again it my custom EQ settings are reset. I have probably had to re=enter my PEQ at least 8 times over to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, but the custom EQ doesn't get saved on my device/app. My firmware has been upgraded to 1.88 and I am using iOS on iPhone and iPad. Could you please help?
I have this issue as well. The difference is my PEQ comes back with a power power down soft reset. It is frustrating though and I can only imagine having to re-enter all the values every time. I hope FiiO gets some proper software guys on this project because the BTR7 has a lot of potential but the app software really holds it back.

Jan 11, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #1,392 of 2,070
Very true. Fiio please sort out the software. Especially for ios and the eq working.

Jan 11, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #1,393 of 2,070
@FiiO Willson hi I am having trouble with the EQ in the app. When I customise custom 1 and 2 somehow it doesn’t get saved on the app. When I connect again it my custom EQ settings are reset. I have probably had to re=enter my PEQ at least 8 times over to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, but the custom EQ doesn't get saved on my device/app. My firmware has been upgraded to 1.88 and I am using iOS on iPhone and iPad. Could you please help

I'm not sure if your problem is EQ or PEQ but Fiio replied to me yesterday, Jan 9 about iOS PEQ.

Dear friend,
The iOS version FiiO Control app in the Apple store is not compatible with the PEQ adjustment of BTR7 currently. We will fix in in next app update.

Jan 11, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #1,394 of 2,070
I'm not sure if your problem is EQ or PEQ but Fiio replied to me yesterday, Jan 9 about iOS PEQ.

Dear friend,
The iOS version FiiO Control app in the Apple store is not compatible with the PEQ adjustment of BTR7 currently. We will fix in in next app update.
I don’t understand … I use iOS and I can use PEQ. I’m on 1.88 … am I missing something?

Jan 11, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #1,395 of 2,070

Users who are viewing this thread

Back