[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Jan 4, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,351 of 2,088
Deciding what to buy - the Fiio BTR7 or the ifi go blu DAC. Tried both today at a store. Good experience. Liked the sound on the ifi out of the box better- it doesn’t have any customisation options. No app etc. The bass boost and space feature and overall sound signature was pleasing to the ears. But the overall features and feel of the Fiio btr7 was good too. Also I could probably tweak the Fiio sound in the app Eq. Hmmm… still thinking which one to get ? Any opinions ? I mostly use iems with edm hip hop and bass heavy lush music. Also classical and movie soundtracks. Thanks.

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #1,352 of 2,088
Deciding what to buy - the Fiio BTR7 or the ifi go blu DAC. Tried both today at a store. Good experience. Liked the sound on the ifi out of the box better- it doesn’t have any customisation options. No app etc. The bass boost and space feature and overall sound signature was pleasing to the ears. But the overall features and feel of the Fiio btr7 was good too. Also I could probably tweak the Fiio sound in the app Eq. Hmmm… still thinking which one to get ? Any opinions ? I mostly use iems with edm hip hop and bass heavy lush music. Also classical and movie soundtracks. Thanks.
the only pro of the ifs go blu is the crossfade (space feature). If and when FiiO will deliver a similar feature is unknown (normally crossfades are made in the analog path).
So this the only thing you will miss with BTR7. If you never missed it till today, you won' t miss it at all

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #1,353 of 2,088
Would it be possible to tweak the Fiio btr7 eq to match the ifi go blu ?

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #1,354 of 2,088
Would it be possible to tweak the Fiio btr7 eq to match the ifi go blu ?
yes and know. The technical differences should be negligible. But the sensitiv stuff like Andromeda will react audible to the Source-impedance difference.
So the long Answer is yes, you can match the tuning with EQ but no, not exactly.
So you have to ask yourself. Will you need XSpace or will you need EQ?

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #1,355 of 2,088
Thanks for the input. I’m looking to upgrade from my Shanling up4 and so looking at a long term upgrade. Out of the box the ifi go blu sounded better than the btr7 but the Fiio sounded more powerful. I loved the x bass on the Ifi but I also like the display on the Fiio and the vast features via the app. Ifi has no app. So thinking where to put my money on now.

Jan 4, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,356 of 2,088
Thanks for the input. I’m looking to upgrade from my Shanling up4 and so looking at a long term upgrade. Out of the box the ifi go blu sounded better than the btr7 but the Fiio sounded more powerful. I loved the x bass on the Ifi but I also like the display on the Fiio and the vast features via the app. Ifi has no app. So thinking where to put my money on now.
Soundwise both iii go blu and btr 7 would be more of a side grade than an upgrade.
A real upgrade with bluetooth from up4 would only be something like Q7.
TBH I would look for a higher class IEM before I would upgrade my DAC.
As all of your IEMs are bass heavy, something like FiiO FHE or yume2?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #1,357 of 2,088
What is the difference between the two filters (Fast and HybridF)?

Jan 4, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #1,358 of 2,088
....and which earphones have you paired with the BTR7, come and tell all.

You are cordially invited to attend the annual voting gala for all In Ear Monitors you have ever known.

The 2022 Head-Fi Members' Poll begins at 0.00 GMT on the 7th of January 2023.

Venue: Thread 'The Head-Fi Members' Poll for IEMs - 2022' https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-head-fi-members-poll-for-iems-2022.966386/

Come dressed for fun, and bring your own popcorn.

Jan 4, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #1,359 of 2,088
the only pro of the ifs go blu is the crossfade (space feature). If and when FiiO will deliver a similar feature is unknown (normally crossfades are made in the analog path).
So this the only thing you will miss with BTR7. If you never missed it till today, you won' t miss it at all
crossfade (space feature) function as far as I understand, only a small number of users have this need to feel good to use.
Many senior music lovers still like the original music.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 5, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #1,360 of 2,088
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in the BTR7. I currently own an ifi Go Blu and am looking for an upgrade.

Is it possible to stream via Bluetooth from an iPhone to the BTR7 and to use the BTR's USB-C port in order to hook up an external DAC like the Questyle M12 or M15? What I want is to use the BTR's Bluetooth connectivity and to let the external DAC (like M12 or M15) do all the soundwork. Is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Chris

Jan 5, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #1,361 of 2,088
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in the BTR7. I currently own an ifi Go Blu and am looking for an upgrade.

Is it possible to stream via Bluetooth from an iPhone to the BTR7 and to use the BTR's USB-C port in order to hook up an external DAC like the Questyle M12 or M15? What I want is to use the BTR's Bluetooth connectivity and to let the external DAC (like M12 or M15) do all the soundwork. Is that possible?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Chris
Sry, that's not possible. The USB-C Port of the BTR7 is input only. You can hook up the BTR7 via cable to your iPhone, but you can't hook your M12/15 to the BTR7.

Jan 5, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #1,363 of 2,088
Hello everyone
Hello @FiiO , @FiiO Willson

Is there something "different" with the 4.4mm port of the BTR7?

I bought a PAC480 IEM CABLE with 4.4mm termination to use with my Tansio Mirai Sands. Even though it fits and it clicks, I have channel imbalance, meaning that the right channel is sounding quieter than the left channel. I have to push it hard inside to make a good connection, and I am not even sure IF it works right. My experience is here.

I've contacted Penon Audio and they said that they have tested their cable on a SONY. They said that they "guess that the Fiio BTR7 4.4mm female is not made tight enough. It may have a larger aperture or it may not be metal female".

Is that the case? I thought these connectors (terminations) were Universal.

Jan 5, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #1,364 of 2,088
Hello everyone

I bought a PAC480 IEM CABLE with 4.4mm termination to use with my Tansio Mirai Sands. Even though it fits and it clicks, I have channel imbalance, meaning that the right channel is sounding quieter than the left channel. I have to push it hard inside to make a good connection, and I am not even sure IF it works right. My experience is here.

I've contacted Penon Audio and they said that they have tested their cable on a SONY. They said that they "guess that the Fiio BTR7 4.4mm female is not made tight enough. It may have a larger aperture or it may not be metal female".

Hi, all of FiiO's 4.4mm headphone Jacks are using the same standard headphone Jacks that have been in use for many years and no one has given feedback on similar issues.

I think this may have nothing to do with the headset Jacks. Because the structure inside the headset jack is symmetrical elastic structure, if the male head has a little error will not have an impact.

1672910073699.jpeg
1672910055548.png
1672910029289.png

I do not know if there is a relationship with the wire? Do you have other 4.4mm headphones to try?
Or in the FiiO Control inside the channel balance adjustment to see if it will become better?

If you still have problems after trying these, you can contact your seller and trust that they can give you a satisfactory result :beerchug:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 5, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #1,365 of 2,088
Hello everyone

I had no Problems with the 4.4mm female at my M11Plus ltd, Cayin RU6, BTR7, NX7 with 4.4mm male: Dunu, Gekerika, IMR, DD-Hifi (adaptor). So I would guess it's Pennons Adaptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back