[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Dec 29, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #1,336 of 2,103
My current desktop DAC/amp (Meridian Explorer²) is over 8 years old. It still works great but it doesn't have 4.4mm balanced output, so I wanted to replace it with the BTR7. I don't want the battery to get degraded from constantly depleting and charging the battery. Since my current DAC/amp doesn't use batteries, it's lasted this long being plugged in to my PC 24/7. I doubt the BTR7 would last a few years if I used it in the same way, not that it's built to do so.

I'm getting the BTR7 tomorrow primarily as a Bluetooth DAC/amp from my phone or TV to my wired IEMs and headphones. Was just curious if it could replace my desktop DAC/amp as well, but guess not.
May be Luxury & Precision W2 is more suitable for your use. BTR7 is primarily designed with portable use in mind.

Dec 29, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #1,337 of 2,103
Just got the BTR7 today. After firmware update and playing around with it for a few hours, I'm really impressed with it so far. What a well-built device. Solid, looks and feels good, and most importantly, sounds great. Haven't run into any issues so far. This is exactly what I was looking for to pair with my phone and OLED TV / Apple TV 4k. Need to test the Bluetooth more but it pairs quickly with my devices and it hasn't lost signal yet unless I make changes to the Bluetooth codec in the FiiO Control app.

After using the BTR7 plugged into my PC via USB-C, I definitely need to upgrade my current DAC/amp. The BTR7 simply sounds much better. Repeating myself again, but it's too bad the BTR7 doesn't have the ability to bypass the battery because it definitely gets very warm after using it for a while. I don't want to keep it plugged in to my PC for too long because I don't want the battery to die prematurely.

May be Luxury & Precision W2 is more suitable for your use. BTR7 is primarily designed with portable use in mind.
I think I'll be waiting for the KA7 to release and see if @FiiO Willson can get FiiO engineers to add line out and MQA to the KA3's design, and maybe add more functionality or inputs.

I might buy the Hiby FC4 for $60 for the time being. Not sure yet.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #1,338 of 2,103
Any users with UM Mest MKII + BTR7 combo? Interested in this combo, and will be using both wired and wireless functions. Thanks in advance!

Dec 31, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,339 of 2,103
@FiiO Maybe a suggestion for a future Firmware. I think it would be very cool to be able to apply not only a peak filter via PEQ, but also low and high selves. The Q5K has this feature and having it on the BTR7 will allow me not to feel too jealous. Also, adding more bands would be nice too - 10 Is fine but a little bit more would be awesome. 15 even or even 20 if that's possible.

Jan 1, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #1,340 of 2,103
Dear friend,

The BTR7 can support PEQ now. Please update the BTR7 and the FiiO Control app to latest version first.
10 bands.
And here is a picture for you reference:
1669082748079.png

Best regards
Is there a step to save my custom user EQ? It doesn't ever appear to save, also is it possible to save it to the BTR7 directly?
I made a EQ im very happy with but I have to remake it every single time I go into EQ settings.

Jan 1, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #1,343 of 2,103
Is there a step to save my custom user EQ? It doesn't ever appear to save, also is it possible to save it to the BTR7 directly?
I made a EQ im very happy with but I have to remake it every single time I go into EQ settings.
if you have the latest app and firmware updates you get 3 custom user buttons. Select user 1, 2 or 3 and set the eq. It will keep that setting, you do not need to save it. On the BTR7 you can switch between all of the eq settings.

Jan 2, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #1,345 of 2,103
@FiiO
Is Dual DAC also supported on SE Output?

Jan 2, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #1,346 of 2,103
if you have the latest app and firmware updates you get 3 custom user buttons. Select user 1, 2 or 3 and set the eq. It will keep that setting, you do not need to save it. On the BTR7 you can switch between all of the eq settings.
Hmm something might be odd with mine. I can’t see a difference in any of the user settings on my btr7. I made one purposely different from others and they all sound the same as eq off.

It’s like it’s not updating my changes to the unit from the app.

Jan 2, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #1,347 of 2,103
Dear @FiiO

Requesting the following enhancement if possible:
Would it possible to enable the BTR7 to route the audio through its USB-C port as well (which is currently only used for charging) when connected to our phone via any Bluetooth codec (LDAC, APTX, APTX-HD, etc.)? It would definitely help a lot to use those high fidelity USB-C type earphones that are now just lying around :frowning2:

Others, please feel free to add if you think it would make your lives useful. I'm definite that it will make mine.

Jan 2, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #1,348 of 2,103
Just got the BTR7 today. After firmware update and playing around with it for a few hours, I'm really impressed with it so far. What a well-built device. Solid, looks and feels good, and most importantly, sounds great. Haven't run into any issues so far. This is exactly what I was looking for to pair with my phone and OLED TV / Apple TV 4k. Need to test the Bluetooth more but it pairs quickly with my devices and it hasn't lost signal yet unless I make changes to the Bluetooth codec in the FiiO Control app.

After using the BTR7 plugged into my PC via USB-C, I definitely need to upgrade my current DAC/amp. The BTR7 simply sounds much better. Repeating myself again, but it's too bad the BTR7 doesn't have the ability to bypass the battery because it definitely gets very warm after using it for a while. I don't want to keep it plugged in to my PC for too long because I don't want the battery to die prematurely.

I think I'll be waiting for the KA7 to release and see if @FiiO Willson can get FiiO engineers to add line out and MQA to the KA3's design, and maybe add more functionality or inputs.

I might buy the Hiby FC4 for $60 for the time being. Not sure yet.
Hello, Thanks for your feedback.
We are now doing pre-planning for KA7, and I would love to add LO output to it, and I don't think there are any major difficulties with this :beerchug:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 2, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #1,349 of 2,103
You can save it, there is a "Custom" in the upper left corner of the equalizer page, you can open it to the green state, so your edits can be saved automatically

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 3, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #1,350 of 2,103
Dear @FiiO

Requesting the following enhancement if possible:
Would it possible to enable the BTR7 to route the audio through its USB-C port as well (which is currently only used for charging) when connected to our phone via any Bluetooth codec (LDAC, APTX, APTX-HD, etc.)? It would definitely help a lot to use those high fidelity USB-C type earphones that are now just lying around :frowning2:

Others, please feel free to add if you think it would make your lives useful. I'm definite that it will make mine.
Could you please suggest some good high fidelity USB-C type earphones? I am kinda in need but wasn't aware that these have become prevalent these days?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back