[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Sep 9, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #706 of 2,108
What magnetic clip on BTR7 case has to do with the type of the phone?
If you carry it on the belt I can imagine doing some physical chores, getting in/out of the car, etc. can dislodge it from the magnet easily. Hard mount would be much more preferrable option in my opinion, the simpler the better. Original prototype was perfect IMHO.
iPhone since iPhone12 has a feature called magsafe that allows magnetic devices to attach directly to the back of a phone such as chargers or in this case BTR7 with the red case 🙂

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #707 of 2,108
Pretty sure there is confusion on the clip solution. Hypothetical clip that can be attached to the BTR7 via magnet as suggested in this post, there is no phone in this picture.
This is a good idea. Leather case with a magnetic mounted clip. That way the jacks can be oriented on “top” or “bottom” depending on how you place the clip on the magnet. Remove the clip and you can stick it to the back of your phone, or even a lanyard with a magnetic attach-point. Truly the best of all the suggestions so far.

Sep 9, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #709 of 2,108
Dear friends,

Thanks for all the kind feedback. We have reported to the product managers.

Best regards
The fact that Fiio bothers to get feedback (which includes polls and discussions) at all, must be applauded. 👏

Now implementation.....we know you cannot please everyone but we hope for the best possible solutions.

Sep 9, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #710 of 2,108
The fact that Fiio bothers to get feedback (which includes polls and discussions) at all, must be applauded. 👏

Now implementation.....we know you cannot please everyone but we hope for the best possible solutions.
Well said :thumbsup:

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #711 of 2,108
The prototype solution looks much more appealing. Maybe a magnetic removable clip could be the best of both worlds?
Oh, you were faster than me! I was just about to write about it because I modded my UP5 case like that and it works great! Actually I am wondering why no manufacturer has come up with something like that yet!

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #712 of 2,108
And a question: How good is EQ of the BTR7/app actually? I used to own the BTR5 (first version of some years ago) and could hear a slight reduction in sound quality when switching on the EQ (independently from the change in volume)! Is it still the case with the 2022 BTR7?

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #713 of 2,108
EQ will reduce quality as they all operate in digital domain, you lose some data with some frequencies or introduce distorting by pushing to the limit causing clipping with others. And even with moderate curve, your bit-perfect stream is gone.

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #714 of 2,108
EQ will reduce quality as they all operate in digital domain, you lose some data with some frequencies or introduce distorting by pushing to the limit causing clipping with others. And even with moderate curve, your bit-perfect stream is gone.
Right! But to me, it was a huge difference to listen to the EQ of the Qudelix vs. Fiio BTR5. I did not hear such obvious reduction of SQ with the Qudelix as with the BTR5! Maybe someone has compared the Qudelix to the BTR7?

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #715 of 2,108
I have not been able to find a proper way to handle this matchbox type gadget. Magnet seems good option to stick to mobile but size mismatch between BTR7 and mobiles doesn't seem very convenient. Hanging by neck seems cheap way. FiiO may have to come up with some innovative way of convenient handling.
Handling should be convenient when going out in morning with just T-shirt, shorts and mobile+btr7. It should be convenient and sophisticated when going out for shopping, or when waiting in lounge or when travelling . Also it should look sophisticate when being used in office premises.
The best way I can think .. as shorts/trousers clip tucked in front at waist height in horizontal position. But there may be better options.
May be as waist tucked for formal looks and upper arm banded as casual/jogging looks or as short necklace for brat looks? For me horizontal waist clipped should work with upper arm banded as next possible option.
It doesn`t work if you just put it in your pocket?

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #716 of 2,108
I have not been able to find a proper way to handle this matchbox type gadget. Magnet seems good option to stick to mobile but size mismatch between BTR7 and mobiles doesn't seem very convenient. Hanging by neck seems cheap way. FiiO may have to come up with some innovative way of convenient handling.
Handling should be convenient when going out in morning with just T-shirt, shorts and mobile+btr7. It should be convenient and sophisticated when going out for shopping, or when waiting in lounge or when travelling . Also it should look sophisticate when being used in office premises.
The best way I can think .. as shorts/trousers clip tucked in front at waist height in horizontal position. But there may be better options.
May be as waist tucked for formal looks and upper arm banded as casual/jogging looks or as short necklace for brat looks? For me horizontal waist clipped should work with upper arm banded as next possible option.

I’m pretty for those that bought the BTR7 was after the specs first and ease of portability was thought of last. I wanted the BTR7 badly but for a different use case scenario.

I would rather wear a fanny pack (there I said it lol) before I have it hang and dangle around my neck. Having it stick and or stack (again) with your phone just defeats the purpose.

BTR7 is a double edge sword, a sharp one too.

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #717 of 2,108
I’m pretty for those that bought the BTR7 was after the specs first and ease of portability was thought of last. I wanted the BTR7 badly but for a different use case scenario.

I would rather wear a fanny pack (there I said it lol) before I have it hang and dangle around my neck. Having it stick and or stack (again) with your phone just defeats the purpose.

BTR7 is a double edge sword, a sharp one too.
I am lost!

Why spend so much time around something you find so unsuitable for you, telling those who have bought the device for portable use how pointless it is.

You keep threatening to buy the device but spend your time slating the device.

I do not understand.

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #718 of 2,108
I am lost!

Why spend so much time around something you find so unsuitable for you, telling those who have bought the device for portable use how pointless it is.

You keep threatening to buy the device but spend your time slating the device.

I do not understand.
Relax, I’m just commenting on what I quoted. Just take it as it is.. you can’t force me on how I wanted to use the device. You do you and I do me.

Plus can you blame me for buying my gear when all the bugs are sorted out? I don’t have to be the first to own, I’d rather have something already stable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back