[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Aug 20, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #511 of 2,084
I did a a second test today .. this time, in Aptx only BT receiver mode =>5h51 playing time not more on a full battery charge. It's far from being sufficient for my use.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #512 of 2,084
Thank you
I made the firmware update yesterday when I got the BTR7 and it's FW1.71... I just saw a Graphic EQ and just tried to activate the equilizer, but I get a message that I am connected in LDAC ..

When I am not in LDAC mode I could see et PEQ parameters .. so sorry ..

Any reason that EQ is not allowed in LDAC mode ? do I miss something ?
Did you try restarting app and device after update, I had something similar (disabled PEQ), until I rebooted both.

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #513 of 2,084
Did you try restarting app and device after update, I had something similar (disabled PEQ), until I rebooted both.
I will do just this to see what happens, but as battery life is rather anorexic, I don't intend to use any DSP features of the BTR7..

Aug 20, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #514 of 2,084
Guess powering two THX amps takes some juice, reason BTR7 sounds so grand and powerful. For my use I haven't noticed much of a difference from ES100, but I am not on 12 hours non stop listening schedule. Headphones in use also matter, if it's something power hungry or easy to drive IEM.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #515 of 2,084
I did a a second test today .. this time, in Aptx only BT receiver mode =>5h51 playing time not more on a full battery charge. It's far from being sufficient for my use.
You thought almost desktop class amplification in a form factor small enough to be hidden between your palms would also come with extended battery life? That's... optimistic.

Aug 20, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #516 of 2,084
You thought almost desktop class amplification in a form factor small enough to be hidden between your palms would also come with extended battery life? That's... optimistic.
It's so huge and heavy compared to the iFi Go Blu or even the Qudelix => that yessss :L3000: !!! I was really expecting a similar battery playing time in the same league as the iFi Go Blu, but with a nice Thx amp (fast impacts and totally hiss free even with my sensitive IEM).
On this point it's a disappointment.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #517 of 2,084
This is what it says on original post. Looks 12 hours playback could be quite a bit of a stretch, did you check spec before puling the trigger.
3. How is the battery life of the BTR7 under LDAC Bluetooth?

There are some differences between different Bluetooth codecs. Please refer to the following test data for details.

1) AAC + Low gain + 3.5mm output: About 9 hours

2) LDAC + Low gain + 3.5mm output: About 8.5 hours

3) AAC + Low gain + 4.4mm output: About 8 hours

4) LDAC + Low gain + 4.4mm output: About 7.5 hours

Aug 20, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #518 of 2,084
This is what it says on original post. Looks 12 hours playback could be quite a bit of a stretch, did you check spec before puling the trigger.

Yes I did before pulling the trigger....and, as I already said several times since yesterday, 8 hours for a BT LDAC receiver => was my playing time target for a typical 12 hours full working day... something less than 6 hours without any DSP features is significantly under my expectations !
I am 70 to 80% vol level in low gain 4.4mm.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #519 of 2,084
Yes I did before pulling the trigger....and, as I already said several times since yesterday, 8 hours for a BT LDAC receiver => was my playing time target for a typical 12 hours full working day... something less than 6 hours without any DSP features is significantly under my expectations !
I am 70 to 80% vol level in low gain 4.4mm.
Are you within the returns window? While there are those who are very happy with the BTR7, if it does not meet your expectations you should find a product that does.

Life’s just too short to be unhappy over something as simple as a BT DAC/Amp.

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #520 of 2,084
Are you within the returns window? While there are those who are very happy with the BTR7, if it does not meet your expectations you should find a product that does.

Life’s just too short to be unhappy over something as simple as a BT DAC/Amp.
I don't agree a good BT DAC/Amp is far from being simple ... most on the market are underpowered, can't accept balanced IEM .... etc I would say unusable with 2022 standards.
I own and use the iFi Go Blu, I still own and don't use anymore the Quelix and Es100 mk2 .. The Ifi Go Blu which is on most point a satisfying product....but can't be used over 24/96 in USB mode.

I need more time to evaluate the benefit BTR7 for some specific uses, including how fast it can be charged in real life or be used still connected permanently to a power plug or my working station.. how is power connected to a working station and is it still hiss free.

Till now, It's not a big deal to have spent 200€ in a BTR7. Nothing to worry a lot.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #521 of 2,084
I don't agree a good BT DAC/Amp is far from being simple ... most on the market are underpowered, can't accept balanced IEM .... etc I would say unusable with 2022 standards.
I own and use the iFi Go Blu, I still own and don't use anymore the Quelix and Es100 mk2 .. The Ifi Go Blu which is on most point a satisfying product....but can't be used over 24/96 in USB mode.

I need more time to evaluate the benefit BTR7 for some specific uses, including how fast it can be charged in real life or be used still connected permanently to a power plug or my working station.. how is power connected to a working station and is it still hiss free.

Till now, It's not a big deal to have spent 200€ in a BTR7. Nothing to worry a lot.

It’s still kind of an emerging market. Dongle dac/amps had (and continue to have) their moment and now it’s shifting to battery powered dac/amp/Bluetooth adapters. Bluetooth itself is a work in progress and may or may not be the ultimate wireless solution for audiophiles. I doubt I’m saying anything you don’t already know. My only point is that the choices are pretty good right now and will get significantly better over the next couple years.

Aug 20, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #522 of 2,084
It’s still kind of an emerging market. Dongle dac/amps had (and continue to have) their moment and now it’s shifting to battery powered dac/amp/Bluetooth adapters. Bluetooth itself is a work in progress and may or may not be the ultimate wireless solution for audiophiles. I doubt I’m saying anything you don’t already know. My only point is that the choices are pretty good right now and will get significantly better over the next couple years.

I would fully expect some kind of true lossless wireless codec to emerge in the not-to-distant future. Maybe the new aptX or possibly something from Apple.

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #524 of 2,084
I would fully expect some kind of true lossless wireless codec to emerge in the not-to-distant future. Maybe the new aptX or possibly something from Apple.

Agree. We know that Apple’s audio engineers have said that they’d like to have more wireless bandwidth to work with. I’m sure others are furiously working on it too. The licensing opportunities are gargantuan.

Aug 21, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #525 of 2,084
Just get a small power bank if you really need that extra few hours on-the-go. It is of course a compromise but you don't have to keep them connected all the time. Just charging it an hour or so in between working and you will get the 12 hrs you need.

p/s: also just recalled that BTR7 supports wireless charging as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back