[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Oct 5, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #841 of 2,083
I don't know of any portable DAC that offers PEQ with USB. You can use Wavelet or Poweramp Equalizer at the source if you are using Android 9 or above, or Roon.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I am not sure, but I think the Qudelix 5K may…

Oct 5, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #843 of 2,083
I too agree with USB being only useful for bitperfect PCM without any listening requirements for EQ. That is, the moment you alter 16bit PCM with EQ it may as well be Bluetooth. IMHO, it’s why we should be buying appropriately tuned IEMs in the first place.
which is not always easy, in a bass happy world. On more then one occasion reviews write amazing stuff about headphone, hearing it myself, and the first thing which annoys me, is a bass happy driver.

Oct 5, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #845 of 2,083
Oct 6, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #850 of 2,083
Well, I’m joining the BTR7 train. Last night my BTR5 slipped out of my fingers and fell face down on concrete. The glass shattered and it’s done for.
Oh shoot, that's bad, I also consider it cause my BTR5 has some glitches after the firmware. Can return it for a replacement or go for BTR 7

Oct 6, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #852 of 2,083
Can someone explain to me what the filters option is and what's the difference between fast and hybrid f

Oct 6, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #853 of 2,083
I really should have gotten a case for it. I’m a little surprised that it shattered. It’s so light weight. But it must have hit just right. I never had any software issues with mine.
Yes that's pity cause it's really nice. I have installed the newest firmware which supposedly add MQA to work on Android app, but that gave me some cracking sounds every now and then. Fiio said it should be replaced. I might just go with BTR 7 instead

Oct 6, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #855 of 2,083
Yes that's pity cause it's really nice. I have installed the newest firmware which supposedly add MQA to work on Android app, but that gave me some cracking sounds every now and then. Fiio said it should be replaced. I might just go with BTR 7 instead

Interesting. I hadn’t upgraded the firmware so I didn’t experience that bug.

I agree that the BTR5 is a great device. It’s been a real work horse for me. It handles everything I throw at it and has enough power for most of my sets. I like the slim and small form factor too.

The BTR7 does look like a nice upgrade and that’s why I ordered one right away. I’d been thinking about the upgrade anyway so the accident with the 5 simply forced my hand.

I’m still surprised I managed to shatter the screen. It’s so light weight that it doesn’t have a lot of momentum. But it only takes one sharp edge to hit it just right…

BRT7 here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back