1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by FiiO, Aug 8, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last
  1. Alberto01
    Mr. FiiO, please answer these questions.

2. rkw
    Yes. The BTR3 is a receiver and plays whatever is sent by any media player.

Alberto01 likes this.
  3. Alberto01
    Thank you!

That is what I thought about how it works. But, it was better to ask before getting the MTR3. I always use an equalizer to raise the frequencies below 100 Hz, around 1000 Hz and above 5000 Hz. The sound is so much better with those adjustments. Mr. FiiO, that is the reason why people here are requesting that you give them an equalizer in the BTR3 app.

4. Alberto01
    rkw, do you have a BTR3?

5. PeterMac
    Someone here said that ES100 have worse BT range to BTR3. You say ES100 have much better ?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    minimalist82 likes this.
  6. minimalist82
    I haven't carried out any scientific tests, but for my use case described above or out and about with the device in one pocket and my handset in the other I have certainly found the ES100 to have a more solid connection. I want to be clear though, the BTR3 is far from unusable in this regard!

My intention was to test both the ES100 and BTR3 and settle on one or the other as my portable solution. I want simplicity and not two products doing the same thing, but I'm finding it so difficult to decide. On paper, the ES100 should be the safer bet, but there is something about the sound of the BTR3 that I am finding more enjoyable. It has a certain 'thickness' I just can't seem to replicate with the ES100. This is of course very subjective and purely my personal taste.

Just to give more context to my findings, I have been using AKG N5005, AKG K550MKIII & VE Monk Plus. I'm a little AKG-centric as you can probably see due to being a Harman employee! :grin:

@FiiO please give us EQ control soon, so we can really unlock the potential of this device! :)

Janjohnnn likes this.
  7. waynes world
    I don't have the BTR3, but the ES100's BT connection seems pretty darned good to me.

Interesting. Fwiw, I like some bass, and on my more neutral gear, I often use the ES100's "bass boost" EQ setting to warm up the sound a bit. But you say that you can't replicate, so you probably have already tried EQ'ing.

8. kiruenauk
    Hi, a quick question on using the BTR3 as a USB DAC through an Android phone. I'm currently using a Xiaomi Mi A1 playing FLAC files on USB Audio Player Pro going through the BTR3 connected through a USB OTG cable. Most of my FLAC files are 96kHz/24bit. The USB Audio Player Pro shows that the BTR3 USB DAC sample rate is only at 48kHz.

Is the BTR3 internal DAC sample rate is locked at 48kHz only when using it as a USB DAC?

9. highlightshadow
    I think it's limited to 44.1KHz/16Bit on USB

10. Darkestred
    Unless it was a faulty unit. I find the ES100 has better and stronger range. I own both. If i use the ninja to blend protein my BTR cuts out. The ES100 does not. I can go through multiple walls in my house and the ES100 will not cutout, the BTR struggles. Cupping both units the ES100 does not cutout but the BTR does. I love both units, though.

And as someone else mentioned the BTR has that FIIO airy "Thickness."

11. MarkF786
    I was doing some testing comparing Bluetooth signal strength of both devices using an app LightBlue on my iPhone. Under the conditions I tested, signal strength was very similar between the two, and in practical terms, they've performed similarly well for me in my day-to-day use.

12. highlightshadow
    Think it's partly, at least, down the the fact that the ES100 has a totally plastic shell and the BTR has an aluminium shell except glass front.
    Both use a chip antenna which aren't the best for range.

But i would agree that the ES100 has the edge albeit slight on range or connection stability. But i find most BT devices have a sweetspot in terms of their position/orientation when you'll get the best connection, similarly there's a position that'll kill it within a metre.

Not sure why they couldn't have run an antenna around the glass edge to create a much larger one rather than the chip

13. rkw
    Yes

Alberto01 likes this.
  14. kiruenauk
    I did some searching online and found that the DAC used in the BTR3, AK4376A actually supports multi sample rates up to 384kHz, so I'm confused why it's stuck to one sample rate.

Anyone from @FiiO or @JamesFiiO can shed some light? I'm planning to use it extensively as a USB DAC

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    archy121 likes this.
  15. Alberto01
    How is the sound quality of your BTR3 compared to other stuff that you have?

First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last