[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #736 of 3,708
Just a heads up for UK residents considering buying one of these, my order was cancelled today as due to the coronavirus in China they are having trouble getting stock. Nowhere else seems to have in stock either.
While I'm here I shall also ask that as it may be a while for these to be available can anyone recommend a good phone dac as a replacement?
Many thanks.
Don't know if i misread your question.
Do you want a ultra mobile dac (bluetooth/usb) for your headphones, or a phone with a good dac?

In first case, take a look at the ES100 from Radsone.
2nd, you can buy a used LG V30+( more than a replacement) for about 130 € right here in the sales subforum. :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #737 of 3,708
The first case was correct, a portable dac for my phone, I'm not needing it to have Bluetooth. I'm also still planning on getting a btr5 when it's available so basically something to use in the meantime with streaming services.

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #738 of 3,708
The first case was correct, a portable dac for my phone, I'm not needing it to have Bluetooth. I'm also still planning on getting a btr5 when it's available so basically something to use in the meantime with streaming services.
Something like the IBasso DC01/02 is what you're heading for, i think.
There is a dedicated thread for such devices like usb dongles. :wink:

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #739 of 3,708
When using the BTR5 with my M11 in my car the audio skips once or twice a minute when in LDAC Quality mode. Works just fine in normal LDAC mode. Anyone else experiencing similar performance?

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #741 of 3,708
When using the BTR5 with my M11 in my car the audio skips once or twice a minute when in LDAC Quality mode. Works just fine in normal LDAC mode. Anyone else experiencing similar performance?

That depends on many factors: the antenna power of the M11, whether there are other BT source around (car's head-unit, smartphone), WiFi and well as how well LDAC is implemented on M11.

I got very stable LDAC 990kbps (SQ Preferred) connection, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I am using a Sony Xperia smartphone.

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #742 of 3,708
My review is up.

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #744 of 3,708
It's going to be a step down, though that will depend what you use it with how much of one.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #746 of 3,708
Yeah, I reckon if you're carrying it out-and-about, then the BTR5 is much nicer to carry. At a desk, just stick with what you have I reckon.

Feb 4, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #748 of 3,708
I have xdsd and btr5. Wired, xdsd wins pretty handily, IMO. At the same time. In Bluetooth mode, the detail given by LDAC vs APTX is noticeable with how good BTR5 is, so I absot put BTR5 over xdsd for Bluetooth mode. I like XDSD warmth, but lack of overall resolution in BT mode makes it a negative in comparison.

Interesting. I also have both and think in AAC mode XDSD has slightly better resolution while sounding a bit softer and warmer. Overall to me it wins in SQ, though it is a close match and depending on ones preferences maybe. LDAC might change things though....haven`t used it yet because I only have Apple devices....

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #749 of 3,708
Hi All, (first post) I have purchased the BTR5 and really like it. BT when on the move and wired when at home.

My home setup is TIDAL/Spotify > iphone 11 > CCK > BTR5 (3.5mm)> HD599 . The sound to my ears is very detailed, but as always I want to see if I can get better, from wired as it always shows 44.1 on the BTR5. Can this be increased? I noticed a comment on the youtube review which mentions installing the Onkyo app to get some hi-res love, are there any other options to try? Any tips appreciated.

Feb 4, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #750 of 3,708
My BTR5 just arrived, now it's time to listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back