[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 30, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #706 of 3,687
Maybe US will see sence one day and stop buying overpriced tech :).

Only people I ever come across in UK using Macs are directors with little tech ability.

LOL :)

Not to start an off-thread religious war, but if by "over priced" you mean "high quality, secure, and well-built", then yes I agree. I mean, it's not like Windows isn't possibly the biggest piece of buggy and virus infested crap ever invented.

Ok I'll stop now, please don't take me seriously here, or I'll start arguing vi vs emacs.

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #707 of 3,687
Ok I'll stop now, please don't take me seriously here, or I'll start arguing vi vs emacs.

vi is a sports car, with a gated shift, and a blood thirsty clutch

emacs is a motorhome with padded walls

...but seriously, your IT guy here - I am happier managing a group of Macs - despite the fact they're fiddlier, and have less tools to manage them.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #708 of 3,687
vi is a sports car, with a gated shift, and a blood thirsty clutch

emacs is a motorhome with padded walls

...but seriously, your IT guy here - I am happier managing a group of Macs - despite the fact they're fiddlier, and have less tools to manage them.

LOL love that analogy

Here's the final word on this topic: https://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed-msg.html

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #709 of 3,687
LOL :)

Not to start an off-thread religious war, but if by "over priced" you mean "high quality, secure, and well-built", then yes I agree. I mean, it's not like Windows isn't possibly the biggest piece of buggy and virus infested crap ever invented.

VI all the way. Emacs is so... So New Age...

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #710 of 3,687
I am currently using my Hidizs AP80 as bluetooth adapter over LDAC. Does anyone here have a first hand experience of the BTR5 sound quality (in single ended) vs the AP80? Perhaps someone who has both could post a brief impression.

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #714 of 3,687
How, exactly, would I get my BTR5 to connect to my iPhone 7 as a USB DAC? I went into an Apple authorized reseller and tried connecting them with a (very long) USB-C to Lightning connector, but the BTR5 was connecting to the phone via Bluetooth and not USB. Am I missing something?? :question:

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #716 of 3,687
How, exactly, would I get my BTR5 to connect to my iPhone 7 as a USB DAC? I went into an Apple authorized reseller and tried connecting them with a (very long) USB-C to Lightning connector, but the BTR5 was connecting to the phone via Bluetooth and not USB. Am I missing something?? :question:

The Iphone is not able to connect directly. You've to use the CCK, camera connection kit, to bring it to life, i guess :wink:

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #717 of 3,687
hi there, if we use single ended (3.5mm) on the btr5 will it use only single dac or is it still using both of the 9218p?
It use one of the paths.
2 paths are used for balanced connection.

Jan 31, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #718 of 3,687
It use one of the paths.
2 paths are used for balanced connection.
so it means the btr5 only use one of the 9218p on the 3.5mm jacks then?

i dont mean to comparing products but is there any dual dac mode like the shanling up4 on the btr5?

was considering the btr5 for my ultra portable setup when im feeling too lazy to carry the m11

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #719 of 3,687
so it means the btr5 only use one of the 9218p on the 3.5mm jacks then?

i dont mean to comparing products but is there any dual dac mode like the shanling up4 on the btr5?

was considering the btr5 for my ultra portable setup when im feeling to lazy to carry the m11
Yes, on 3.5mm se only one dac path.

On post #34 on the 2nd page of this threat you'll see the diagram of the internal connections. :wink:

But one path/amp for ultra portable setup should fit the bill, i think.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #720 of 3,687
Apple camera connection kit, USB c to asb a cable that came with btr5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back