[FiiO BTA30Pro] Create a Comprehensive Home Bluetooth System, FiiO's High Fidelity Bluetooth Transceiver BTA30 Pro!
Aug 6, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #361 of 372
@helmutcheese Quick question, I noticed you also have an Nvidia Shield and PC similar usage to myself.

Do you have any recommendations for a PC BT adapter that may work well with Windows and LDAC I have a rubbish 3-4 quid one and an Avantree DG60 (audio only) both not the best with Windows, Avantree does not work with the A2DP driver since its like a usb soundcard.

I have an Sony XM5 hps with dual LDAC codec so was hoping to keep everything LDAC if possible but not 100% important, so far no real lip sync or issues since my PC and NVIDIA shield are less then 1 metre away from me other then the auto pairing issue which I can manually connect to xm5s anyhow.

Aug 6, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #362 of 372
Can I not just connect the TV optical out to the BT30Pro so I get all my sources (Nvidia shield, TV tuner, Satellite TV, apps etc) in LDAC and also then connect the usb cable from BT30Pro to the PC to also get LDAC PC audio?
Yes, that would work (make sure TV is sending PCM not bitstream). Only potential downside is a little extra latency, but it doesn't sound like you're too bothered by that if you're using LDAC in the first place.

And like you said, the alternative is to get a USB-to-TOSLINK adapter to put on either the PC or the Shield.

Aug 21, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #363 of 372
BTA30 Pro

I didnt only try it with the realtek optical output tho. I also tried the optical output of my audio interface (Audient Evo 16) as well as the optical output of the Douk U2 Pro DDC, all of them show the same behavior. The BTA 30 Pro is also the only device i tried with all the outputs which shows this behavior, so im pretty convinced its not a problem with Realtek, but with the Fiio BTA 30 Pro.

Thats what think too. The interesting part is, that it only happens in DAC mode. If you switch it into Bluetooth Transmitter mode and send the audio to a bluetooth headphone it works fine, there will be no cut-off/delay.

Total long shot but did yourselves or any BTA 30/Pro owner try enabling comfort noise in audio settings (if you have the feature) to see if this prevents or stops the sound from cutting off/delay or going silent?

I read on AVforums someone with an Amp who had his sound going silent or off, he says he enabled comfort noise and it prevents it now. Either way its very poor fiio are unable to fix this issue, it renders this great product unusable for so many.

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #364 of 372
I read on AVforums someone with an Amp who had his sound going silent or off, he says he enabled comfort noise and it prevents it now. Either way its very poor fiio are unable to fix this issue, it renders this great product unusable for so many.
I dont know what comfort noise is (a quick google search says its a microsoft teams feature?), but as long as there is audio playing, the BTA30Pro won´t go into this "standby-mode". Doesnt matter if its comfort noise in Microsoft-Teams or just some background music.

In my opinion thats still not an acceptable solution for problem, that basically no other DAC has.

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #365 of 372
I dont know what comfort noise is (a quick google search says its a microsoft teams feature?), but as long as there is audio playing, the BTA30Pro won´t go into this "standby-mode". Doesnt matter if its comfort noise in Microsoft-Teams or just some background music.

In my opinion thats still not an acceptable solution for problem, that basically no other DAC has.

Its a feature on some AV like amps, bluray players or found on the Nvidia Shield see a picture below:

20230823_132731.jpg

Sounds like it may provide a poor work around.

I do agree fiio support/engineers need to fix this serious defect making the product unusable really. I did read also the mii bluetooth transmitters (1 of them at least) think it was the 5.3 latest model also has a noise gate issue where it just goes to sleep/idle or stops playing back sound.

Clearly some software tweaking or a software comfort noise option at least, or the timing needs to be adjusted or energy saving disabled.

You mention other dacs can do better jobs, which ones if you don't mine me asking?

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #366 of 372
You mention other dacs can do better jobs, which ones if you don't mine me asking?
I only ever had the "Delay-Problem" with Fiio DACs. Fiio K3 has the same problem, but thats a USB-only DAC and if you install the driver for that and edit some txt-file you get an option to stop this "standby-mode".

Everything else i tried (SMSL M3, M200, DO300, Creative G6, GC7, some cheaper DACs from Fosi and Aiyima, and several more) never had any problem. Its a Fiio Problem, idk how the most basic thing (playing audio without cutting off the first second) can be so hard to do, even a 10$ apple dongle can do it.

In terms of Bluetooth Transmitters i tried some stuff from Creative (BT-W2, BT-W5) and Avantree (Oasis), all of them worked fine, no delayed audio and also no minimum volume that has to be played.

Right now im only using the Creative BT-W5 to get Aptx Adaptive in Low Latency Mode, so i can connect my Fiio UTWS5 and use that without too much delay. Kinda ironic that i have to use stuff from Creative, because the 2 products from Fiio wont work together with a low latency connection. :joy:

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #367 of 372
Hello. I have a question.
I connected the BTA30Pro as follows, but there is no sound.

"Amazon Fire TV Stick" -- "HDMI Audio Extractor" -- "Coaxial input" -- "BTA30Pro/DAC mode" -- "Line out" -- "Active Speaker"

Status light: Blue light flashes twice every 2 seconds.
(Means that it is not connected and does not recognize Coaxial input.)

- Changing the Coaxial Cable did not solve the problem.
- There is sound when replacing BTA30Pro with the older model BTA30 in the same environment.
- Therefore, it seems that the HDMI Audio Extractor and Coaxial Cable are not damaged.
- There is sound when connecting to BTA30Pro from another player via Coaxial, so it seems that BTA30Pro is not damaged either.

I have never heard of any compatibility issues with coaxial connections, so is there a problem with the HDMI Audio Extractor?

thank you.

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #368 of 372
What is with the FiiO Facebook post on the new BTA50 I cannot see the actual item on the page after clicking on the link via Google.

Facebook · FiiO
67.9K+ followers

Bluetooth transmitter decoder all-in-one unit BTA50 The BTA50 is the flagship of the BTA series, mainly based on the BTA30 Pro with many additional features
Rating: 4.6 · ‎ 301 votes

P.S Thanks for abandoning the BTA30 PRO users with a device not even worth using now,

EDIT:

2. Bluetooth transmitter decoder all-in-one unit BTA50
The BTA50 is the flagship of the BTA series, mainly based on the BTA30 Pro with many additional features and ports to improve the user experience, as well as adopting the latest Qualcomm Bluetooth chip.

Currently, this product is still in the planning stage, so any demands or suggestions for the BTA50 are welcome. Here are a few main improvements:

(1) Added XLR balanced line output;
(2) Added quick switching/pairing buttons for multiple devices;
(3) Added a more intuitive large display screen (not yet certain whether it will be a display screen or more lights).

The BTA50 is expected to be available in the fall, with the price yet to be determined, but there will definitely be a significant difference from the BTA30 Pro. These two models are not substitutes but rather have different positioning.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #369 of 372
FiiO sometimes I can't understand what the reason is for these blunders?

Feb 4, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #370 of 372
Feb 6, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #371 of 372
One thing the BTA30 PRO is good for is a USB-to-SPDIF bridge and port multiplier. I like the fact that you can pipe audio from USB to optical and coax SPDIF simultaneously. It's a pity it's fatally flawed as a bluetooth transmitter.

Mar 3, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #372 of 372
i own the bta30 pro since launch but wonder, if i should downgrade because of the APTX Adaptive which is provided by the BR13. Did anyone do that yet? Also i never managed the bta30pro to remember more than one connection. when i switch between devices, i always have to do the whole bt connection procedure, which is kind of annoying. yes, i am on the latest fw in case someone might ask.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back