[FiiO BTA30Pro] Create a Comprehensive Home Bluetooth System, FiiO's High Fidelity Bluetooth Transceiver BTA30 Pro!
Dec 3, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #331 of 372
@FiiO , can the BTA30 Pro connect and function with the XBOX Series S?

Dec 3, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #333 of 372
The Xbox consoles don't support USB class compliant audio. There are only a couple of stupid licensed USB audio devices that work. Removing the TOSLINK port was the worst thing MS did to this generation.
Thanks for your reply :)

I guess I will have to use that method where you play the same content on your phone via the XBox App, as what you're watching, and get sound through my smartphone.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #335 of 372
The Xbox consoles don't support USB class compliant audio. There are only a couple of stupid licensed USB audio devices that work. Removing the TOSLINK port was the worst thing MS did to this generation.
I never knew this had to be the case, you had me looking up my Nvidia Shield and it does indeed support it for driverless devices.

I have used my BTA30 PRO on it and it all works as I can confirm in PowerAmp's GUI, also same with my aptX Adaptive Dongle, every codec is now supported bar aptX LL and Adaptive hence I used the BTA30 PRO and Dongle for these.

Dec 4, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #336 of 372
Does anybody else here have problems with the BTA30 Pro in DAC mode? Its almost like it goes into a Standby-Mode and wakes up after it receives audio again, but it doesnt wake up fast enough and so it cuts off about the first ~0,5 seconds of audio.

This is also very agressive. For example: Press play on a youtube video, the first ~0,5 seconds of audio are cut off, pause the video for like 1 second and press play again, everything works fine, nothing is cut off. But if you dont pause the video for only 1 second, but for about 2, and then press play again, the audio is cutoff again. So it seems to kick in whenever there is no audio for about 2 seconds.

That is super annoying when you are in a voicecall with somebody, because there are natural speaking pauses, so basically everytime somebody says something, the first letters of the words said will be cut off.

This also only appears in DAC mode, in Bluetooth transmitter mode it works fine. Im also using the optical input of the Fiio, not the USB input. The problem is 100% the BTA30 Pro, if i put the optical input into other DACs, i dont have this problem.

Dec 5, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #337 of 372
Will the BTA30 Pro work with PlayStation?

Dec 5, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #338 of 372
I can’t test that for myself since I don’t own a PlayStation, but if I remember correctly there was firmware specifically aimed at PlayStation compatibility so I’m guessing the answer is yes.

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #339 of 372
Does anybody else here have problems with the BTA30 Pro in DAC mode? Its almost like it goes into a Standby-Mode and wakes up after it receives audio again, but it doesnt wake up fast enough and so it cuts off about the first ~0,5 seconds of audio.

This is also very agressive. For example: Press play on a youtube video, the first ~0,5 seconds of audio are cut off, pause the video for like 1 second and press play again, everything works fine, nothing is cut off. But if you dont pause the video for only 1 second, but for about 2, and then press play again, the audio is cutoff again. So it seems to kick in whenever there is no audio for about 2 seconds.

That is super annoying when you are in a voicecall with somebody, because there are natural speaking pauses, so basically everytime somebody says something, the first letters of the words said will be cut off.

This also only appears in DAC mode, in Bluetooth transmitter mode it works fine. Im also using the optical input of the Fiio, not the USB input. The problem is 100% the BTA30 Pro, if i put the optical input into other DACs, i dont have this problem.
Dear friend,

Which output mode are you using? You may try to switch the output sampling rate of the computer to other option to see whether it helps?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 6, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #341 of 372
Which output mode are you using?
What do you mean with output mode?

My BTA30 Pro is in DAC Mode, Input is set to optical, input signal is 48khz 24bit. RCA cables are going to Headphone amplifier (smsl sp200). Digital uspampling in app is set to normal.

I tried different Bitrates, sample rates and also different input devices. I also tried USB input and optical bypass, and all the different filters and digital upsampling methods in the app, but the audio from BTA30 is always a tiny bit cut off in the beginning.

This problem is only in DAC mode with RCA outputs to amplifier. TX mode sending to bluetooth headphones from optical or usb input works fine, no problems there.

(I did not try RX mode or coaxial input, because i dont use them.)

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #342 of 372

My BTA30 Pro is in DAC Mode, Input is set to optical, input signal is 48khz 24bit. RCA cables are going to Headphone amplifier (smsl sp200). Digital uspampling in app is set to normal.

I tried different Bitrates, sample rates and also different input devices. I also tried USB input and optical bypass, and all the different filters and digital upsampling methods in the app, but the audio from BTA30 is always a tiny bit cut off in the beginning.

This problem is only in DAC mode with RCA outputs to amplifier. TX mode sending to bluetooth headphones from optical or usb input works fine, no problems there.

Can you try coax out to the amp?

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #343 of 372

Dear friend,

We failed to reproduce the issue you mentioned still. But we will try to report your feedback to the engineer. And you may check whether there is other setting in your amplifier lead to the problem?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 8, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #344 of 372
Can you try coax out to the amp?
I tried it with the Coax input with RCA out to the amplifier, it has the exact same problem.

We failed to reproduce the issue you mentioned still. But we will try to report your feedback to the engineer. And you may check whether there is other setting in your amplifier lead to the problem?
Its not a problem of the Amplilfier or the source, its a problem of the Fiio BTA 30 Pro. I tried it with different devices, inputs, cables, usb ports, amps, sample rates, etc, the Audio cutoff always happens, its 100% a problem with the Fiio BTA 30 Pro.

I made a video to show you the problem. I connected the RCA Outputs to my Audient EVO 16 Audio Interface and recorded it, so you can actually hear the problem with your own ears:

Testing setup:
Fiio BTA 30 Pro in DAC Mode
Optical Input from PC, 48kHz 24 bit (also tried it with different sample rates, it makes no difference)
Fiio BTA 30 powered by usb from PC (i also tried to power it by a 5V phone charger, it makes no difference)
RCA output to Audient EVO 16 Interface

Here is a 2nd Video of using the USB Input, it also cuts off the audio, but behaves slightly different:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #345 of 372
Hi guys,
I've been using the FiiO BTA30Pro for a month or so as a DAC with no problems at all. Today, while listening to music, the sound started lagging so I unplugged the device. Since doing that, the FiiO doesnt appear as an output device on any PC I tried. I even tried to change the cable with no success.
The rx and tx modes work as usual.
Any ideas? Windows makes a sound whenever I plug in the DAC so at least some connection is happening there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back