Fiio, Apogee One or digidesign (Main)?? Other options? Help
Sep 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

code93

New Head-Fier
Hey,

im currently using akg 240 MK II headphones and using macbook pro and logic. I was thinking of buying a portable gear with them but cant decide which one is good for me? i mostly produce hip-hop, rnb house and pop. i was thinking of buying apogee one, but dont know is it too much for this current setup.

Thanks for replies.

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey,

im currently using akg 240 MK II headphones and using macbook pro and logic. I was thinking of buying a portable gear with them but cant decide which one is good for me? i mostly produce hip-hop, rnb house and pop. i was thinking of buying apogee one, but dont know is it too much for this current setup.

Thanks for replies.

You probably do not need an amp. The apogee prides itself on being very all in one. However using something like that as a microphone is seriously funny. If you need a Microphone, get yourself a microphone, if you need an amp and DAC, there are plenty of fish in the sea but as of right now, the DAC and amp in the Macbook Pro is good enough for your $100 headphones. For an $100 headphone studio like that AKG, an $80 say E10 IF YOU EVEN NEED IT would usually be fine(but first we need more info) but as you already have an MBP, and have entry level headphones. Your current setup is fine. Save some money for new headphones or a new microhpone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back