Fiio amps?
Nov 16, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #766 of 877
I'm thinking of picking one of these up for myself, but I have a question about my setup. I have an iPod touch(1st gen), and 2 week old UE Metro.fi 200's(which I absolutely love already). I don't want to buy these because I'm not happy with the current sound I am getting, I just want to see what more I could get out of them. Any opinions??

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #767 of 877
Give it a go...$8 is not too much to spend after all
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #769 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by maclovin' /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will it do anything for me though? I realize it's only $8, but I'm trying desperately not to turn into one of you lol.

it will boost the bass and bring down the treble a bit. if you think your cans could use that, spend the $8. if not, be happy in aural bliss.

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #771 of 877
My brother wants to buy himself an Ipod (Nano 3rd or 4th generation). Is there any way to improve its sound? (Or are those not too bad? Haven't personally listened to one since ages)
I thought about a FiiO E3 and CX300 for him, but it seems like low impedance headphones have a problem here.
Would it make sense to use one of those Ipods with a FiiO and some other (which?) In Ears? I want him to have at least some kind of nice listening experience
wink.gif

Unfortunately he's not too happy to spend much money - headphones no more than 40-50 $, the amp (if one would make sense) would be a gift from me, so no more than 50-70$ here.

Nov 25, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #773 of 877
since getting my ATH-ANC7's ive set up an EQ boosting bass and mids a little bit, as well as a little bit of treble (sort of a ratio of like 4:2:1), and i don't have a line out, on my DAP. Would you recommend i get a Fiio E3? (it would be extra helpful to me if someone has actually tried the Fiio with the ANC7's

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #774 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zida /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since getting my ATH-ANC7's ive set up an EQ boosting bass and mids a little bit, as well as a little bit of treble (sort of a ratio of like 4:2:1), and i don't have a line out, on my DAP. Would you recommend i get a Fiio E3? (it would be extra helpful to me if someone has actually tried the Fiio with the ANC7's

The ANC7 are already internally amplified, so I wouldn't use a Fiio on them.

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #777 of 877
i'll have to get one of these... wish i would have heard of them earlier

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #779 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are you guys ordering this E5 from?

U can either go to mp4nation.net or dealextreme.com

those are the common 2 that pple use here..,
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back