Fiio amps?
Oct 19, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #708 of 877
Very intriguing for the price, but looking at the frequency response this is like a hardware EQ with increased volume. I think, the ultimate accessory for the now deprecated Shure E3, which were sorely lacking in any bass response!

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #709 of 877
I don't really like it. I guess I'm not a bass head.

I prefer the sound of HD600 straight out of a modded X-Fi XtremeMusic (AD8599)

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #711 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herooftime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking about getting the Fiio amp.. I was wondering if anyone has used this amp with the SE210s. Is there any difference in sound quality?

Works well for SE210, definitely increases the bass on the SE210, and fuller overall sound... though the downside is you lose some of the "crisp clarity" of SE210. Also find hissing when no sound playing, but as others said, you wont notice the hiss once audio starts.

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #712 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by ao_tenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Works well for SE210, definitely increases the bass on the SE210, and fuller overall sound... though the downside is you lose some of the "crisp clarity" of SE210. Also find hissing when no sound playing, but as others said, you wont notice the hiss once audio starts.

Hmm wonder if they will work well with UM2s too. But sweet im definately gonna one and try it out now... 8.70 cant really hurt =)

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #714 of 877
Got my Black FiiO E3 now... I have to say it looks heaps better than the white one, but that could just be my personal preference. I missed having the extreme portability the little amp offers with my PK1's
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #715 of 877
Hi I am planning to use this wit my senn hd 555 and sony walkman a728. Will this make a difference in SQ, I mean Good difference. I dont care about boost in volume as My sony goes pretty loud with my 555's. I just want improve sound quality, though I admit the sound with my walkman and headphones are excellent I want to make it phenomenal. Hoping for replys thanks

Oct 23, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #716 of 877
do you guys ever get the problem of a interfering sound that kicks in when the fiio picks up an incoming cellphone call?...its the same sound you hear through speakers when an incoming cellphone call is coming....it's getting really annoying....hope the e5 fixes this problem....

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #718 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you'll find it a pleasant surprise. What headphones and source are you using?

Using a MS Zune and my headphones are Super.fi 5 EB
k701smile.gif

Got the amp but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Anything specific I should set the Zune built-in equalizer to?

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #719 of 877
My E3 has finally been shipped. I ordered this bad boy to use with my RE2s, because the bass sucks. can anyone out there feel or share my pain?

although... the E5 looks a lot more portable with the clip design. I wish they took credit at DE. I would love to put the E5 on a christmas list for someone else to buy me. I mean, its not expensive, but what do I do with 2 of these things?

Oct 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #720 of 877
I just ordered a black sansa clip (my second clip) and thought what the hell- and ordered a black fiio amp as well.

It will be paired with my er4p>s. A nice portable rig.

I tried to emulate the FQ of the fiio amp, based off of the charts posted here, using shibatch EQ on foobar- it didn't sound bad. I don't like taming the highs on the ETY's, but I could learn to like the slightly warmer sound. The perfect amp would only boost anything beyond 80hz no more than 4dbs- leaving everything else alone. (for ETY's)

Real impression to follow when it comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back