Fiio amps?
Oct 11, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #691 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it work with a ipod classic and a pair of TF10's?

I'm searching for a little more depth and mids

You won't get a boost of the mids with the FiiO E3 as it is mostly a bass boost, with a slight treble increase. You could however get an increase in quality if you use a line-out dock with your iPod in conjunction with the FiiO E3

Oct 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #693 of 877
wow i just tried this with my e4cs, got it free courtesy of jaben, with a purchase of mylar bijous (gift for a friend)

All i can say i'm amazed. The bass boost is quite appreciated, it's tight without being excessive. I've always enjoyed the accuracy of the e4cs but would have liked abit more bass in my music. Only gripe i have about this lil thing is that i have to use my ipod at 0 vol lvl, and even then it's still a LIL loud for certain songs. Impressive!

Oct 12, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #697 of 877
Hey guys. I ordered a white E3 from deal extreme on 9/30, and I havent received any information on a ship date yet. I have written them a few emails with no response. can anyone offer up any suggestions or insight? I assumed the white one would ship right away. thats why I went for it.

Oct 12, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #698 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys. I ordered a white E3 from deal extreme on 9/30, and I havent received any information on a ship date yet. I have written them a few emails with no response. can anyone offer up any suggestions or insight? I assumed the white one would ship right away. thats why I went for it.

Mine was shipped on 19/09 and arrived on 03/10.

What do you mean by no "ship date yet"? Have you tried to open a ticket with DX?

Oct 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #699 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine was shipped on 19/09 and arrived on 03/10.

What do you mean by no "ship date yet"? Have you tried to open a ticket with DX?

Here is how my order reads on the website. makes little sense to me. It says its still in processing, but the site says it will ship in 3-5 business days.

Order:******** placed on 9/30/2008 11:32:15 AM
Status
frown.gif
of current shipment)

On 10/9/2008:
Processing - Contact us for updates.
see all processing steps

Latest Shipment:
by Air Mail

Shipment Records
Here is a list of tracking numbers assigned to your order. They may represent normal shipments, partial shipments, replacements, complimentary gifts, and other packages:
- none available yet -

Oct 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #701 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might be a good idea to list all the headphones that benefit from this amp
icon10.gif

Good: q-Jays, Radius, ER-6, HFI 780, DT770
Medium: HD650, V-Moda Vibes
Bad: UE11, S.F 5 Pro, CX300
Horrible hiss: SE530, S.F 5 EB

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #702 of 877
I'll add another phone to the Fiio Friendly list: JVC HA RX900.

These are 64 ohm full size cans, and this is the one the Fiio has the most impact on, in a very positive way.

I'd read about the RX700 and RX900 on these forums, so I got the RX900 as they were less than $58 delivered. Right out of the blister pack, they were great headphones, so I concentrated on enjoying and camparing to Denon 1001s. When I finally got around to using the Fiio with the FX900s they had burned for about 60 hours, and the SQ was much improved. It smoothed out the sound, bass seemed more defined, and the gravely lower mids went away.
FWIW the RX900 has an 11.5' cord, so maybe that eats up some power. The cord does seem to be relatively high quality.

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #703 of 877
Thks for the list dfkt.

Moontan: i've read your review of the RX900, pretty amazing for the price. Could you tell more about the difference between the D1001? I'm not 100% satisfied with my D1001 at the moment, i mean it's a great can but i feel like it could have more highs sometimes, and less boomy effect when i turn the volume to the top... i didn't completely burn it in though, just like you.

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #704 of 877
I liken the difference to like being that of "Reference" speakers vs. "Monitor" speakers.
The Denons lend themselves to more laid back styles of electronica, (Tangerine dream, Ray Lynch) acoustic music and female vocalists. The Denons shine with cello, viola and bowed string bass. The RX900s do better with rock hard rock, metal, dynamic electronica, (Enigma and vitually all sorts of dance/techno) as the bass beats have more punch without the sense you might be near overdriving them. Somewhere undecided is Kitaro and Enya, as well as other "fusion" varieties of NewAge.
I could be very happy with either, but it's nice to have a choice.

Oct 18, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #705 of 877
Hmm i see what you mean by overdriving them, that's the feeling i got with the D1001, and i'm not sure the Fiio amp will help. Like you said the Denon is amazing with acoustic music (like Goldfrapp or Radiohead in my case), but I listen to rap 90% of the time so i need a clear & tight bass. The RX900 is a bit too heavy for me so now i'm very tempted to get a Grado (the Alessandro MS1 seems to be a bargain) to try something completely different. Thks anyway for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back