FiiO AM3D-FiiO Releases the THX AAA Powered Headphone Amplifier Module AM3D
May 3, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #331 of 431
May 3, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #332 of 431
Your ad says that it changes the sound quality of the Q5 significantly, especially over Bluetooth. The amp module has nothing to do with Bluetooth unless I am really missing something.

I guess I should clear that up a bit. What I meant by this is that compared to the normal AM3A amp on the Q5, the AM3D sounds much cleaner. This was especially noticeable when I used the Q5 over bluetooth. Which is pretty much the only way I used the Q5 when I had it. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding. I was using the same audio codec on the Q5 but swapping out the amps provided a much less distorted experience.

May 3, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #333 of 431
I guess I should clear that up a bit. What I meant by this is that compared to the normal AM3A amp on the Q5, the AM3D sounds much cleaner. This was especially noticeable when I used the Q5 over bluetooth. Which is pretty much the only way I used the Q5 when I had it. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding. I was using the same audio codec on the Q5 but swapping out the amps provided a much less distorted experience.
Gotcha, yes that context helps for sure. Good luck with the sale, shouldn't last long if it isn't already sold. I also very much like the Q5s with the AM3D, really nice combination for sure, but the AM3E is a pretty nice module as well. Without a doubt, FiiO knows how to make great sounding gear.

May 19, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #334 of 431
FiiO AM3D Balanced THX AAA Amp Module is coming and available again:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33028203915.html
Limited quantity, first come, first served.
🤩

(*Only DHL for shipment)

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 19, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #336 of 431
It would seem fiio is not shipping to other authorized reatailers world wide out side of China and Asia.

This not good news for either fiio or their customers. :frowning2:
Just order it from Aliexpress.

May 19, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #337 of 431
Just order it from Aliexpress.
I only do business where product and service problems are done only in my nation.

It may be the reason I will not be doing more purchases of fiio products in the future unless service or warranty problems can be done in the same nation of purchase.

This is my possition and one I do not suggust it for anyone else. Previously about 75% of my audio components have been Fiio's, but that seems to be no longer a possibility.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #338 of 431
I only do business where product and service problems are done only in my nation.

It may be the reason I will not be doing more purchases of fiio products in the future unless service or warranty problems can be done in the same nation of purchase.

This is my possition and one I do not suggust it for anyone else. Previously about 75% of my audio components have been Fiio's, but that seems to be no longer a possibility.
That will mean as time goes by you will not be able to purchase very many things. I would bet that if you go through your home you will find many items that have been purchased that would not meet this criterion. Here in Canada for example we sometimes have to send items to the US for service, such as with Schiit products out of California. Anyway, that is indeed a personal choice and one that you certainly have complete discretion to make, but speaking for myself, I do not base much of my purchase decisions on warranty and service networks for relatively inexpensive, small and easy to ship items such as the AM3D. If I had to ship it to China, that wouldn't be my preferred option; however, it also would not dissuade me from the purchase either. I do acknowledge that generally, but not always, having a service option in your own country is preferable.

May 20, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #339 of 431
That will mean as time goes by you will not be able to purchase very many things. I would bet that if you go through your home you will find many items that have been purchased that would not meet this criterion. Here in Canada for example we sometimes have to send items to the US for service, such as with Schiit products out of California. Anyway, that is indeed a personal choice and one that you certainly have complete discretion to make, but speaking for myself, I do not base much of my purchase decisions on warranty and service networks for relatively inexpensive, small and easy to ship items such as the AM3D. If I had to ship it to China, that wouldn't be my preferred option; however, it also would not dissuade me from the purchase either. I do acknowledge that generally, but not always, having a service option in your own country is preferable.

Let me be clear I would be happy to order and buy Fiio products made in China if they had better product repesentation in nation of purchase; they do make excellent products!

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #341 of 431
Is there a way to know if fiio is going to sell Q5s + AM3D as a bundle?
Very unlikely, but the M11 Pro is essentially this. I say this as the differences in the DAC chips will be inconsequential and we know that FiiO has a tuning approach that should keep things pretty consistent when the components are very similar.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #342 of 431
Very unlikely, but the M11 Pro is essentially this. I say this as the differences in the DAC chips will be inconsequential and we know that FiiO has a tuning approach that should keep things pretty consistent when the components are very similar.
It was my understanding the fiio q5s came with am3e which has three cable connections, one 3.5mm and two balanced 2.5 and 4.4mm. fiio am3d has two, one 3.5mm and one balanced 4.4mm.

May 28, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #343 of 431
It was my understanding the fiio q5s came with am3e which has three cable connections, one 3.5mm and two balanced 2.5 and 4.4mm. fiio am3d has two, one 3.5mm and one balanced 4.4mm.
I was suggesting the M11 Pro was likely to be sonically/performance wise similar to a Q5s with an AM3D module. Not exact, but likely very similar sonically.

May 28, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #345 of 431

Users who are viewing this thread

Back