FiiO AM3D-FiiO Releases the THX AAA Powered Headphone Amplifier Module AM3D
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #182 of 431
You are confusing AM3D and AM3E. The latter is an updated AM3B with 3.5 / 2.5 / 4.4 outputs, the former an all new design featuring THX AAA technology sporting 3.5 / 4.4.

The AM3D is the opposite of disappointing ^^[/QUOthe new am3d was disappointing from my subjective point of view
You are confusing AM3D and AM3E. The latter is an updated AM3B with 3.5 / 2.5 / 4.4 outputs, the former an all new design featuring THX AAA technology sporting 3.5 / 4.4.

The AM3D is the opposite of disappointing ^^
It is only disappointing for my own use; the upgrade for others was not meant to be my judgement. :)

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #183 of 431
What I meant to say is that the AM3E that comes with the Q5S is using similar opamps to the AM3B and AM3A, which was confirmed by FiiO.

The AM3D is completely different. Did you demo it ?

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #184 of 431
Thank you, but I was looking forward to what is called the am3e module which is on the new q5s.

For my use the upgrade from my q5 to the newer q5s is not that much of an upgrade for me.

Oh well that module has 2.5 anyways, I thought you were worried am3d didn't have 2.5. Hence the adapter.

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #186 of 431
What I meant to say is that the AM3E that comes with the Q5S is using similar opamps to the AM3B and AM3A, which was confirmed by FiiO.

The AM3D is completely different. Did you demo it ?
Thank you, but no I did not try it.

I am visually disabled with macular degeneration and spend 10 or more hours listening with an iphone se as my source media through fiio fa1, fa7, and fh5 iem's with 2 fiio btr1k's and fiio q5; I listen to spoken word for most of that time and music for pleasure with the q5 which might also include sony mdr-1am2 earphones too.

I could not take advantage of bluetooth 5 on the q5s as my source is bluetooth 4.2 and what audio improvements noted on the am3d without direct access to all three outputs as on the q5s is not enough to move me towards its acquisition.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #189 of 431
The link shown for the am3d shows a photo of the am3b; I would hope the seller will change or clarify.

It was my previous understanding that this new module had 2.5mm, 4.4mm balanced outputs plus a 3.5mm output.
Dear friend,

Sorry I fail to find the wrong photo you mentioned?
Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 27, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #191 of 431
@FiiO
It seems that you don't answer to our requests in this thread anymore.

Aug 27, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #192 of 431
@FiiO
It seems that you don't answer to our requests in this thread anymore.
Sometimes they do, but maybe if people ask questions that put them on the spot, or they don't have an answer to they don't reply, at least not right away. Overall I think they do a decent job responding. Try asking a big company something in public, if they don't like the question you get a canned, sanitized response or ignored. Twice I emailed LG for example and they didn't even bother to reply despite me very politely asking for some sort of reply.

Try sending a PM to a FiiO rep and see if that works better. I would agree with you that ideally some type of answer is provided in the forums in a timely fashion, but in reality there may be things we aren't aware of that prevents an immediate public response, or so I imagine.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #194 of 431
Aug 28, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #195 of 431
I got my AM3D a few hours ago and have spent the time since attaching it to my first gen X7 listening to a bunch of different rock music. All I can say is "WOW!". This amp makes a huge difference and is one of the best-sounding things I've ever heard. I'm listening into Noble Khans, and I think the X7/AM3D combo sounds better than my Hugo 2 (using its own amp). I have a Massdrop THX headphone amp coming in late September and I can't wait to hear if that amp can do for the Hugo 2 what this amp has done for the X7. My recommendation is to demo this amp if you have any interest in it. I think it's a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back