FiiO AM3D-FiiO Releases the THX AAA Powered Headphone Amplifier Module AM3D
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #166 of 431
@FiiO Any update on when is AM3D going to be available on Amazon ???
Thanks

Dear friend,

At about next few weeks. You may contact your local seller about that to get one when it is in stock.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 18, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #167 of 431
I know, people are uncertain where their next meal is coming from, and I have the luxury of wanting a sticker put on right. Time I think to get rid of capitalism.

Peel it off and take some rubbing alcohol to take off the gunk and voila! Imo opinion the sticker cheapens the look and you don't need a sticker to tell you the am3d is hi res :)

Aug 18, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #168 of 431
Oh yes, I want to say that after using this module for about a week I'm hooked. There's just something about the sound with my iems that is so right.

I love the sound of the am3e module also- reminds me of the m11, but after using the am3d solely for a while and going back to the am3e- well it sounded a bit flat.

I love the clean and open sound, and the realistic timbre of instruments. Plus everything has real weight to it. It's very detailed and revealing, but not sterile sounding.

Probably the best mobile source I've heard. Oh yes I'm using it with the Q5s, and the colour matches perfectly.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #169 of 431
I ended up leaving the AM3D on out of sheer laziness! We'll see how I feel once I actually go back to the AM3E. I do agree about that the AM3D is very open and clean. I also dig how silent it seems, just a dead silence for me.

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #170 of 431
Does anyone have any words of wisdom about this amp for an avid headphone movie watcher? I have the Q5 on an AM3B and was thinking this might be my next upgrade. I don’t want a whole new amp.... a module on the other hand, if makes my movies more colorful is worth the 150$.

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #171 of 431
Does anyone have any words of wisdom about this amp for an avid headphone movie watcher? I have the Q5 on an AM3B and was thinking this might be my next upgrade. I don’t want a whole new amp.... a module on the other hand, if makes my movies more colorful is worth the 150$.

I perceive better spatial awareness/positioning with this module. To me that would make a good movie watching module :) sub bass is really done nicely too, which would be great for films I would think.

And the last thing is, it sounds damn good with music, so why not films.?

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #172 of 431
Movie soundtracks are 6 to 9dB lower than most music mixes. You'll have to push the volume a good bit, but the AM3D stays clean even getting closer to max volume. Loving this amp with X7II and VE8 ^^

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #173 of 431
I use it for movie watching too and to me sounds a bit better vs the AM3B. I use the Sony ex800st or the Ibasso IT01 for movies.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #174 of 431
The sub bass was the first thing I noticed about it, I wasn't expecting the module to improve that at all.

I've been using it for four and a half weeks now and have been really enjoying it. The clarity, instrument separation, attack speed of small details, it is a clear step up from the AM3A, much more refined sounding.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #176 of 431
The sub bass was the first thing I noticed about it, I wasn't expecting the module to improve that at all.

I've been using it for four and a half weeks now and have been really enjoying it. The clarity, instrument separation, attack speed of small details, it is a clear step up from the AM3A, much more refined sounding.

I love the sound of this thing, it's so crisp and dynamic with tons of space between things and the deep and powerful sub bass was an unexpected pleasant surprise.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #177 of 431
Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #179 of 431
It would seem the fiio am3d module is not the same amp and output configuration as the fiio q5s; this is disappointing.

It seems to be that the new am3d is an updated am3b.

This works great,

Screenshot_20190826-184504_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #180 of 431
It would seem the fiio am3d module is not the same amp and output configuration as the fiio q5s; this is disappointing.

It seems to be that the new am3d is an updated am3b.

You are confusing AM3D and AM3E. The latter is an updated AM3B with 3.5 / 2.5 / 4.4 outputs, the former an all new design featuring THX AAA technology sporting 3.5 / 4.4.

The AM3D is the opposite of disappointing ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back