FiiO Aftermarket IEM cables (RC-WT1, RC-SE1, RC-UE2)
Feb 3, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #16 of 94
These stupid cables damaged my w4rs their pins are not consistant and and i noticed on them that what was consistant was one pin was longer than the other and that not only that the pins had a larger circumferance than the stock cable and was spaced farther apart. So when i tried to push the cable in and felt resistance i thought well the stock cable has some resistance they have a tight fit. No it was that these cables were thicker and spaced farther apart. Which in turn. Alongated my hole for my cables.

I should have never and would never use these cheap pieces of garbage ever again. Nor would i reccomend fiio to anyone not for a amp or these crappy cable this took the cake.

They obviously have no quality control at all whatsoever even if the pins werent spaced out they would have never fit they were too thick. Not to mention what was with one pin longer than the other?

I give them 0 stars out of 5 and if we can do -0 out of 5 i will give them a -5 out of 5 pure crap they are putting out.

Like i said i normally stick to high end. And i will never stray from them again per i never seen such poor quality in my life jesus.

NOT TO MENTION I HAVE HAVE A FING ENLONGATED PIN HOLE IN MY WESTONE W4R FIIO THANKS A FING LOT!!!!!!!

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #17 of 94
These stupid cables damaged my w4rs their pins are not consistant and and i noticed on them that what was consistant was one pin was longer than the other and that not only that the pins had a larger circumferance than the stock cable and was spaced farther apart. So when i tried to push the cable in and felt resistance i thought well the stock cable has some resistance they have a tight fit. No it was that these cables were thicker and spaced farther apart. Which in turn. Alongated my hole for my cables.

I should have never and would never use these cheap pieces of garbage ever again. Nor would i reccomend fiio to anyone not for a amp or these crappy cable this took the cake.

They obviously have no quality control at all whatsoever even if the pins werent spaced out they would have never fit they were too thick. Not to mention what was with one pin longer than the other?

I give them 0 stars out of 5 and if we can do -0 out of 5 i will give them a -5 out of 5 pure crap they are putting out.

Like i said i normally stick to high end. And i will never stray from them again per i never seen such poor quality in my life jesus.

NOT TO MENTION I HAVE HAVE A FING ENLONGATED PIN HOLE IN MY WESTONE W4R FIIO THANKS A FING LOT!!!!!!!

You've have gotta be kidding me!! That means my beaufitifl um3x is damaged? I was sceptical of this happening and actually posted an enquiry about this before making my purchase, whether or not the fiio and epic cable had the same pin size but nobody responded. Damn Mooses9, I wish you could of reported sooner so I didn't have to become another victim. Now I'm so mad. This news has really ruined my day. Just bloddy great. God damn you Fiio, mark my works, I'm going to suit you for this. Hopefully my pins are more consistantly placed and hasn't hasn't inflicted any damage the sockets of my um3xs. Cross my fingers. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #19 of 94
  Bloody great, I just tried to remove the connector but it's so tight that I can't get it out!! 

Well that either means one of 2 things the pins diameters are keeping them from being removed, or you just have a tight fit and the pins have nothing to do with it, i hope for your sake the pins have nothing to do with it.

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #20 of 94

Well that either means one of 2 things the pins diameters are keeping them from being removed, or you just have a tight fit and the pins have nothing to do with it, i hope for your sake the pins have nothing to do with it.

I just got them out after a lot of effort. I don't remember requiring this much effect when removing the stock cable. How do you know for sure that the sockets of you W4rs now has elongated pin hole? Do you see a small crack or is the stock cable now very loose? 

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #21 of 94

Here is a picture of the westone epic on the right and the fiio on the left as you can see the fiio pins are shorter and the farthest the left pin is taller along with that you can clearly see against the epic cable the fiio pins are thicker or fatter in diameter which would maker them father in diamter from pin hole to pin hole.

it didnt make a crack it just made my pin hole elonggated and i would say slightly loose. Whilist i could not properly insert them because of the fact tjat the pin hole did not lin up they where too thick and this caused a issue in insertion of the cable.

I currently have my westone epic cable in my earpiece otherwise i could show it however i dont want to keep removing and insering the pins for fear of making the pin holes loose. But i am mearly trying to show the flaws in the cables fiio is selling.

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #22 of 94

Here is a picture of the westone epic on the right and the fiio on the left as you can see the fiio pins are shorter and the farthest the left pin is taller along with that you can clearly see against the epic cable the fiio pins are thicker or fatter in diameter which would maker them father in diamter from pin hole to pin hole.

it didnt make a crack it just made my pin hole elonggated and i would say slightly loose. Whilist i could not properly insert them because of the fact tjat the pin hole did not lin up they where too thick and this caused a issue in insertion of the cable.

I currently have my westone epic cable in my earpiece otherwise i could show it however i dont want to keep removing and insering the pins for fear of making the pin holes loose. But i am mearly trying to show the flaws in the cables fiio is selling.

Didn't fiio release two different versions like they did for ultimate ears? 
Mine look identical so while don't have my stock westone cable to compare with, I'm certain the pin holes on my um3x are already elongated. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #25 of 94
  yep I also got the same one. Referring back to the photos, the pins on yours seem wider than mine albeit the same length.  

yeah it seems that possibly fiios production is inconsistent.  i dont know if you can tell but on mine, one pin on each  pair of pins one of them is longer than the other i dont know what thats about.

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #26 of 94
  yeah it seems that possibly fiios production is inconsistent.  i dont know if you can tell but on mine, one pin on each  pair of pins one of them is longer than the other i dont know what thats about.

Well on my, only the two pins on the right side are of different length like yours but the left side is symmetrical. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #28 of 94
Selling poor quality cable is one thing but causing damage to other equipment because of the poor fit and quality inconsistency is another. I could honestly rant on about how pissed I am with fiio ruining my precious um3x...
mad.gif
 I have very limited disposable income and was looking to keep using my um3x for many years to come and not buy another pair of high end iem. So much for that happening ..sigh Plus the rc limited edition blue colour version is hard to come by, it's not like can just get another pair. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #29 of 94
  have u tried to put the epic cable in and see if it is loose? or goes in easier than it did before?

No yet, they're at home. Is the epic cable exactly identical to the stock westone cable. Reason I'm asking is that the stock cable has the adjustable plastic that goes around the ear but the epic doesn't. I have the stock cable. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #30 of 94
  No yet, they're at home. Is the epic cable exactly identical to the stock westone cable. Reason I'm asking is that the stock cable has the adjustable plastic that goes around the ear but the epic doesn't. I have the stock cable. 

i believe they are the same, i know at one time they were marketing the w4r with the epic cable, or just simply calling their cables ''epic'' because they do have a ''epic pro'' model but not exactly sure what model that fits.

believe me, when i seen that it damaged my w4r i was mad as hell. i have ocd and like to keep my gear excellent condition and when i seen that, i was floored esp given the w4r are $500.00 iem's and this is a $30.00 cable  i was very very angry this kind of thing should not happen. people spend good money for their gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back