FiiO 2023 New Product Schedule
Dec 12, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #421 of 489
Looks like both the UTWS3 and UTWS5 are no longer in stock, not sure if they're discontinued. The only way to view the product page is by clicking the "Buy Now" button on Fiio's site, as searching their AliExpress store page won't show either item. Hopefully if they are discontinued this means development of the UTWS15 is progressing.
Our main direction for UTWS15 is to address the pain points of previous UTWS5 and UTWS3 users, which will require some innovative design in certain areas, which may be a long process.

But fortunately, our team has recently made some progress in this area. Stay tuned! :beerchug:

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 12, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #422 of 489
Our main direction for UTWS15 is to address the pain points of previous UTWS5 and UTWS3 users, which will require some innovative design in certain areas, which may be a long process.

But fortunately, our team has recently made some progress in this area. Stay tuned! :beerchug:
I hope it'll have enough space for me to fit my CIEMs in it this time.

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #423 of 489

No spring steel in the ear hook please. Flexible or bend/shapeable.

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #424 of 489
Where are the announced silicone cases for Fiio FW5?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (21).png
    Снимок экрана (21).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Снимок экрана (22).png
    Снимок экрана (22).png
    433.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 13, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #426 of 489

Don't get me wrong I'm glad your team taking the time to get it right, most of us have no idea how much work goes into making a product especially something this complicated. I was just really impressed with the UTWS3 and can't stop thinking "but how much better will the UTWS15 be?".

Glad to hear that, I'll be keeping an eye out for when it's released. Thanks for the update.

Dec 13, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #427 of 489

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_132347.jpg
    IMG_20200728_132347.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190825_172741.jpg
    20190825_172741.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #428 of 489
A soft cable ear hook would be great, but at least the current UTWS5 iteration is already comfortable enough. I got tired of waiting for the UTWS15 and ended up buying an Ifi Go Pod. Unfortunately, the ear hook part is so uncomfortable that I cannot wear it for more than an hour before my ear starts hurting even with the same IEM. So despite the superior sound quality and volume the Go Pod has, I can't use it much and will end up replacing it with the UTWS15 when it is eventually released. Hopefully the new UTWS version is at least as comfortable as the previous one, but if it is even better then that would be awesome too.

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #429 of 489
It's a shame that such a well-known company has lost its reputation as one of the leaders in DAP production. The assortment has been reduced and no real new items have been released for several years. S versions don't count. I'm currently on my sixth Fiio M11 plus AKM player and was hoping to replace it with the new M23. But November has passed, there is no information, and competitors are tempting with the latest DAC chips.

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #430 of 489
It's a shame that such a well-known company has lost its reputation as one of the leaders in DAP production. The assortment has been reduced and no real new items have been released for several years. S versions don't count. I'm currently on my sixth Fiio M11 plus AKM player and was hoping to replace it with the new M23. But November has passed, there is no information, and competitors are tempting with the latest DAC chips.
It probably has something to do with the fact that the DAP market is dead. A small contingent of enthusiasts does not justify the development costs of these.

The fate of the DAP was sealed the second dongles caught up in perceivable sound quality.

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #432 of 489
Tell that to AK, Shanling and others.
I'm pretty sure they know.

And there's only so much that can be done with a Snapdragon 660/665 in 2024 - and it's still one of the only SoC options available at a reasonable price in 'low quantities'. Modern Android on such a chip is a miserable experience.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #433 of 489

And there's only so much that can be done with a Snapdragon 660/665 in 2024 - and it's still one of the only SoC options available at a reasonable price in 'low quantities'.
I'm more interested in the latest DAC chips and that's what made the M23 interesting. But it seems Fiio can't match the cost of the components with the promised price.

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #434 of 489

And there's only so much that can be done with a Snapdragon 660/665 in 2024 - and it's still one of the only SoC options available at a reasonable price in 'low quantities'. Modern Android on such a chip is a miserable experience.

Sony has updated its latest DAPs to Android 13 and the experience is still good... A miserable experience is if you use your Android device for purposes other than music.

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #435 of 489
Sony has updated its latest DAPs to Android 13 and the experience is still good... A miserable experience is if you use your Android device for purposes other than music.
Have you owned one of the new ones? Don't lie.

I just sold my ZX707. Stock system apps have to be disabled to make the UI feel even a little quick. The hardware is literally at the edge of 'usable'.

Which basically means the unit's prospects for the next 3-5 years, after whatever the next cadence of 'mandatory' Android updates, is awful.

I have an M11 Plus ESS. Completely different story. Android 10 pairs well with the hardware.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back