FiiO 2023 New Product Schedule
Jan 6, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #451 of 494
Dear friend,

Please follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts. We will post news on social media when KA17 is released. Thank you for your love and attention to KA17.

Best regards

Hi FiiO team, I've noticed that AMP3 UK have a preorder listing for the KA17.

The below listing feature list mentions PEQ which would be a very welcome addition in a USB dongle DAC... Are you able to confirm at this stage that the KA17 will indeed have PEQ in the app?

Thanks!

• Dual ES9069 high-end DAC
  • XMOS XU316, supporting full MQA decoding and PEQ sound effects with a 192k sampling rate
  • Supports PCM 768K sampling rate and DSD512
  • THX 38 headphone amplifier (THX28 power-enhanced + smaller form factor)
  • Push-button: Desktop Mode (desktop amplifier mode, high-power output)
  • BAL maximum output power of 650mW
  • 0.91-inch dot matrix display screen, showing more status information
  • Main TYPE-C port (power, data) + side TYPE-C port (power supply, used for desktop amplifier mode)
  • 4.4mm as well as 3.5mm output
  • Volume button + play button + desktop amplifier switch + display screen
  • 3.5mm interface compatible with SPIDF output

Jan 6, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #452 of 494
Hi, I have read a couple of conflicting comments around the net, so just to confirm, is the upcoming utws15 expected to have any bt chipset/codec/tech etc upgrades? I'm eyeing the newly released bt20xs because it has bluetooth 5.3, but I'd like to see if the utws15 will be worth the wait. I assume there will be some changes from all the negative reports I've read on reliability on the current model, but I wonder if there'll be improvement rather than just fixes (unless that's exactly what the utws15 is meant to be?)
Don't get the BT20XS. I just got them and there's so much distortion no matter what volume you set them at. Sad.

Jan 7, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #456 of 494

The below listing feature list mentions PEQ which would be a very welcome addition in a USB dongle DAC... Are you able to confirm at this stage that the KA17 will indeed have PEQ in the app?

Thanks!
Listed surprisingly cheap for a flagship tbh, less than half the price of a UA5 for example.

Jan 7, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #457 of 494
1704627490119.png

1704627571908.png

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #459 of 494
Jan 7, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #460 of 494

Thanks!
Dear friend,

Yes, PEQ will be supported in the KA17.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 8, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #462 of 494
Mind is boggled by the amount of DAC/amp specs I've read recently, but this KA17 might push it's way to the front of the queue. Every other direct upgrade for the KA3/single ES9038Q2M I have is either bigger or more expensive or both, and generally more limited.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #463 of 494
They are good, initially I’d expect the ESS and Thx amp combination would result in a dry sound but this is not the case at all, there’s a slight warmth and very refined overall. Will share more impressions after I do some serious listening with it.

The size is more or less similar to KA13 but slightly thicker, kudos to Fiio for such engineering feat,pushing for desktop level power output while retaining dongle’s foot print.

Attachments

• IMG_4245.jpeg
    IMG_4245.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #464 of 494
They are good, initially I’d expect the ESS and Thx amp combination would result in a dry sound but this is not the case at all, there’s a slight warmth and very refined overall. Will share more impressions after I do some serious listening with it.

The size is more or less similar to KA13 but slightly thicker, kudos to Fiio for such engineering feat,pushing for desktop level power output while retaining dongle’s foot print.
A warmer FiiO… finally!

I wasn’t too big on how the KA3 sounded, so I’m excited to get this when i upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back