FiiO 2019 Last Launch Event to Be Held on December 28, 14:00 Beijing time(UTC+8)
Dec 28, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #137 of 343
So 4 = 3 now... Got it Fiio.

i think there is a fourth but they decided to not release it now, and came up with this new equation 4=3

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #139 of 343
So $1299 really equals $849... @FiiO you've outdone yourself this go round.
there are many codes and new ever equations to be deciphered with fiio numbering system, i am sure the string theory will be solved soon

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #140 of 343
Can we please have an official explanation from Fiio on why you said “4” instead of just saying 3? If “4” means 3, why not just say 3? :)

I think we can safely say that is the biggest question we all have from today! :p

(Seriously though...why “4”? Isn’t “4” bad luck in China, because the word means/sounds like “death? It makes no sense!)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #142 of 343
For those complaining about the price - $1300 is a lot of money, but it looks like it gets us a lot of DAP. If you are in the market for a high end DAP this could well fit the bill. If you are not in the market for a high end DAP, the price will probably turn you off of this high end DAP. And, of course, $1300 will put this out of reach more than if it were $899. If it was was cheaper more would be interested and capable... But hey, same thing could be said about a Lamborghini...

Awesome to see such advances in DAPs. I personally am good for now with my LG v30, HiBy R6 Pro, ES100, and BTR5. But when it comes time for me to upgrade, I will definitely pay attention to what Fiio has on offer.

Dec 28, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #143 of 343
For those complaining about the price - $1300 is a lot of money, but it looks like it gets us a lot of DAP. If you are in the market for a high end DAP this could well fit the bill. If you are not in the market for a high end DAP, the price will probably turn you off of this high end DAP. And, of course, $1300 will put this out of reach more than if it were $899. If it was was cheaper more would be interested and capable... But hey, same thing could be said about a Lamborghini...

Awesome to see such advances in DAPs. I personally am good for now with my LG v30, HiBy R6 Pro, ES100, and BTR5. But when it comes time for me to upgrade, I will definitely pay attention to what Fiio has on offer.
That's a great value at that price considering it's similar components to A&K's flagship products. If the end goal was to move up market, Fiio has done well. However, it would have been appreciated if they had also released the M15 Pro's information and let the masses decide what they wanted.

Dec 28, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #145 of 343
They’re in a tough spot trying to find the overlap between their core customers, which are budget/value focused and pulling in new customers from boutique brands like Astell&Kern where cost is less of a factor.

I think this product and price might be in no man’s land. Too expensive for their core customers, and not truly the flagship to pull in new buyers loyal to other brands because they already tipped their hand on M15 Pro and/or they have made their name as an affordable brand and some people care about the status symbol and having “the best of the best.”

I know I’m in the waiting for M15 Pro camp now, but I likely would have bought the M15 if it was going to be the flagship for a year. It seems feature packed and a great value. Makes me curious about what they have in store to differentiate the Pro.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #150 of 343
They’re in a tough spot trying to find the overlap between their core customers, which are budget/value focused and pulling in new customers from boutique brands like Astell&Kern where cost is less of a factor.

I think this product and price might be in no man’s land. Too expensive for their core customers, and not truly the flagship to pull in new buyers loyal to other brands because they already tipped their hand on M15 Pro and/or they have made their name as an affordable brand and some people care about the status symbol and having “the best of the best.”

I know I’m in the waiting for M15 Pro camp now, but I likely would have bought the M15 if it was going to be the flagship for a year. It seems feature packed and a great value. Makes me curious about what they have in store to differentiate the Pro.
Possibly THX amp technology...among other boutique features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back