FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Dec 28, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #211 of 803
I'm also looking forward to your verdict. I'm considering this as well as a few others. This appeals to me more though as it means less cables and bulk. I'm considering whether I need it to power my IT01 or if I should just leave it altogether as the iBasso IT01 sounds great even powered solely from my S7 Edge (Exynos). @waynes world how big a difference is there between the S7 Edge vs S7 Edge + BTR1? The IT01 is very easy to drive, it's only 16 ohm.

It's a bit hard to compare because I use the "adapt sound" feature with the S7 Edge exynos, whereas there is no cheating with the BTR1. I enjoy both, but my ears are easy to please LOL. Having said that, the BTR1 is the more accurate of the two, and I think is better. I've had no problems driving any of the gear I've tried so far with either, but I will try some harder to drive stuff later. But the BTR1 should have no problem with the IT01's. To sum it up, I just use the BTR1 now instead of the S7 due to how good the BTR1 sounds to me, and due to the convenience factor of having my phone free of cables.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #212 of 803
It's a bit hard to compare because I use the "adapt sound" feature with the S7 Edge exynos, whereas there is no cheating with the BTR1. I enjoy both, but my ears are easy to please LOL. Having said that, the BTR1 is the more accurate of the two, and I think is better. I've had no problems driving any of the gear I've tried so far with either, but I will try some harder to drive stuff later. But the BTR1 should have no problem with the IT01's. To sum it up, I just use the BTR1 now instead of the S7 due to how good the BTR1 sounds to me, and due to the convenience factor of having my phone free of cables.

Thanks. I also use the 'adapt sound' feature and it works well for me, it definitely improves the sound.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #213 of 803

Totally agree. Im using s7 edge and it improve the sound quite drastically for me in my opinion. Tested with my daily iem: nuforce edc from massdrop and it changes the dynamic of the music. It became so much louder, more clarity and tighter bass. Tested with other in ears as well.. soul sl49, akg from s8 and akg k375. All of them just sound so much better.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #214 of 803
Totally agree. Im using s7 edge and it improve the sound quite drastically for me in my opinion. Tested with my daily iem: nuforce edc from massdrop and it changes the dynamic of the music. It became so much louder, more clarity and tighter bass. Tested with other in ears as well.. soul sl49, akg from s8 and akg k375. All of them just sound so much better.

Glad the BTR1 is working so well for you.

I'm curious though, is your S7 the snapdragon variant? I ask because that would probably explain why you hear such an improvement with the BTR1.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #215 of 803
Glad the BTR1 is working so well for you.

I'm curious though, is your S7 the snapdragon variant? I ask because that would probably explain why you hear such an improvement with the BTR1.

Hi. Mine is the eynox version. Perhaps i came from using iphone previously, felt that s7 audio output straight from jack is lacking in volume so much. In fact, i just tried the btr1 with my s7 edge side by side comparison with iphone x with jack adaptor (using same songs). Btr1 still sound slightly better than the iphone x.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #216 of 803
Hi. Mine is the eynox version. Perhaps i came from using iphone previously, felt that s7 audio output straight from jack is lacking in volume so much. In fact, i just tried the btr1 with my s7 edge side by side comparison with iphone x with jack adaptor (using same songs). Btr1 still sound slightly better than the iphone x.

Thanks. One last question OT question lol: Do you use the "adapt sound" feature with your S7 exynos? That improves SQ quite a bit IMO.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #217 of 803

Btw, im using spotify downloaded in max quality for referenc
Thanks. One last question OT question lol: Do you use the "adapt sound" feature with your S7 exynos? That improves SQ quite a bit IMO.

Yes i did. It sure improves SQ but still quite far behind iphone. Eg. I have to turn the volume of s7 to 75% or higher to get the desired volume and clarity.. whereas iphone x i just need 40-50%. without btrx, it sound slighty muffled/laid back too on s7 edge.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #218 of 803
Btw, im using spotify downloaded in max quality for referenc

Yes i did. It sure improves SQ but still quite far behind iphone. Eg. I have to turn the volume of s7 to 75% or higher to get the desired volume and clarity.. whereas iphone x i just need 40-50%. without btrx, it sound slighty muffled/laid back too on s7 edge.

Btw, double tap on the round button of the btrx put it into wide surround mode which further expand the soundstage. Good for mobile gaming/videos.

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #221 of 803
Thanks, I've ordered using the discount. At £34 worth a punt, as it looks like I'm not going to get a high quality wireless option with an iPhone anyway.

I have tried with Iphone X. For me, it sound almost the same with using BTR1 or straight through lightning port.
It does not have that kind of drastic differences as from my S7 Edge.
I Believed the BTR1 does not support AAC. But nontheless, good as a wireless option for your wired IEMs. Enjoy!

================================================================================
Post #93 of 221

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO

Statements regarding the AAC support on the BTR1

Due to our mistakes on product description writing and inspecting, the AAC was falsely listed as a supported Bluetooth codec of the BTR1. After confirming with our QC department, it's concluded that as our application for using the AAC codec has not been finally approved, the AAC codec was disabled on the BTR1 during mass production. Even though the AAC codec was disabled, it will not affect the normal functionality and connection compatibility of the BTR1, please feel free to proceed with the purchase if you're interested in it. And if you have already bought the BTR1 and have any questions regarding this, please kindly contact our support by sending email to support@fiio.net.

=================================================================================

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #222 of 803

Thanks. I also use the 'adapt sound' feature and it works well for me, it definitely improves the sound.

Fwiw, I didn't think the S7's "adapt sound" feature affected the BTR1, but I just checked again, and it indeed does.

So now I've gone from loving the BTR1 to really loving the BTR1 (with adapt sound enabled). Very cool.

Dec 31, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #225 of 803
Hi all.
I bought a BTR1 for my ATH-MSR7. The source is a Galaxy S6 with spotify at maximum quality.
i'm very happy with it.
I'd like to know, if someone can compare, if the differences with Fiio Q1M2 or Topping Nx2s are so much to suggest the change.
I like so much the freedom from wires, but i want to be sure to spend correctly my money to have the best result about SQ.
Not so much important the power, as the SQ.

Sorry for my english and thanks to you all for the important informations you share.

I wish you an happy new year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back