FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Nov 13, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #76 of 803
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #77 of 803
Ordered the BTR1 last week and noticed that it's only using SBC on my 6th gen iPod touch not AAC. Tried it on my 2011 Macbook Pro and the best I could get it to use is aptX, also tried the bluetooth devs tools to enable AAC still would only use aptX. I checked in Bluetooth Guidelines Validation app and it shows that the BTR1 does support AAC but I can not find a way to enable it.

EDIT: Checked an old pair of bluetooth headphones and they connect using AAC on both devices, so that's not the problem.
However, I confirmed that the AAC format could be played on iPod touch.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #79 of 803
Ordered the BTR1 last week and noticed that it's only using SBC on my 6th gen iPod touch not AAC. Tried it on my 2011 Macbook Pro and the best I could get it to use is aptX, also tried the bluetooth devs tools to enable AAC still would only use aptX. I checked in Bluetooth Guidelines Validation app and it shows that the BTR1 does support AAC but I can not find a way to enable it.

EDIT: Checked an old pair of bluetooth headphones and they connect using AAC on both devices, so that's not the problem.
I am thinking using btr1 with tidal hifi on iphone5s but this reviewer says; for iphone btr1 does not connect with aac (instead SBC) which seems not very fast connection.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B075YD83Y9

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #85 of 803
How's the sound quality compared to FiiO A3?

That's pretty much an impossible question to answer. The BTR1 has both DAC and AMP circuitry, whereas the the A3 is just an amp...i.e you can compare the A3 to another amp, but not directly to a DAC/AMP product

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #86 of 803
That's pretty much an impossible question to answer. The BTR1 has both DAC and AMP circuitry, whereas the the A3 is just an amp...i.e you can compare the A3 to another amp, but not directly to a DAC/AMP product
So is amp+dac combo superior to just the amp, or..?
I'm sorry but I'm kinda new to all of this

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #87 of 803
So is amp+dac combo superior to just the amp, or..?
I'm sorry but I'm kinda new to all of this

Again, there's not really gonna be a clear cut answer. It depends on the product. If, for example, you were to connect something like an Oppo HA2 to a phone, and then use the A3 as an amp for the HA2, then the HA2+A3 stack would sound better and be way more powerful than the BTR1...but if you had a device that cannot accept an external DAC (an Android phone that doesn't have the HOST capability), then chances are that the BTR1 over Bluetooth would work out better than trying to connect the A3 to the phone's headphone output (since it wouldn't be a line output).

As in most cases, it depends on the specific scenario. You're asking for blanket answers. The only way to give you a proper answer is if you provide us with your intended usage

Nov 20, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #89 of 803
Maybe @FiiO or @JamesFiiO could help me out here.....

I really, reeeeaaally like the BTR1. But I'm trying to figure out just what the point of the device is. Since it connects via Bluetooth, you'd need to have your phone (or BT DAP) nearby anyways....so in what situation would the BTR1 be the better or more convenient device to use rather than just plugging the headphones directly into the source device?

For me:

(1) When watching youtube/tv on phone, it's nice not to have cables connected to phone (so that you can move around and away from the phone).

(2) Could also attach BTR1 to stereo (which might be across the room) and control via phone

(3) And like Brooko said: "Just the wireless thing. EG when I'm walking, and have the iPhone sitting in my pocket, I clip the front to my shirt. Easy access to controls + I never have to worry about snagging wires etc." It's also nice to be able to use the phone for other purposes (ie browsing, taking pictures etc) without having cables connected to it.

I think I want this gizmo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back