FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest--Edit 2015-10-23: FiiO X7 awarded to Brandan Lynch
Oct 11, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #286 of 428
"Music, The Endless Frontier"

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #288 of 428
Additionally to my entries some pages ago, I have some new ones:

FiiO - Music in your Pocket
FiiO - Fidelity in your Pocket
FiiO - Music in your Head
FiiO - inspired by Music, built by Heart
FiiO - inspired by Music, made with Soul
FiiO - built for you

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #290 of 428
binary + FiiO = hi fidelity
.... endless fun

1010 + Fiio = hi fidelity
... endless fun

whatever the format and bit rate, fiio is always make hi fidelity sound for endless fun

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #291 of 428
I've altered my earlier comment but I'll post it again below to make sure the change is noticed.

"FiiO - Your music. Our Sound."

This slogan really emphasises the uniqueness of the FiiO brand and the superiority of FiiO's sound signature. It is inclusive of all diverse types of music. It touches the individual and tells them what you're about.

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #292 of 428
Thanks FiiO Sunny! It's not yet 15 October though, so with any luck I might come up with something better.

In fact, while I'm at it, I might as well suggest an alternative version of the first slogan: Music, Melodious Eternally. That way it better captures the intent of the Chinese slogan without that much twisting in meanings.

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #293 of 428
I'm not so creative with slogans, so won't participate. There are some good ones, but one can't be beat in my book. It's from callizer:

Liberate your Music!

It comprises the aspect of a sound without technical restrictions as well as portability. And it is short and catchy. Neither trivial nor pretentious.

The terms «infinite» and «endless» – although given from the Chinese original – should be avoided. They do sound pretentious and implausible.

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #294 of 428
Liberate your Music!

It comprises the aspect of a sound without technical restrictions as well as portability. And it is short and catchy. Neither trivial nor pretentious.

The terms «infinite» and «endless» – although given from the Chinese original – should be avoided. They do sound pretentious and implausible.

I think that was the point though, FiiO playing the game by their own rules and being an Almighty'Infinite', although, I do agree that it needs to have a more modern twist, anyway, when I'm thinking of a slogan, I'm thinking of something that would be out there with the big ones.

Eventually, FiiO is bound to become a huge company, and we need something to reflect that, I'm breaking my neck on something that would sound legendary while at the same reflecting on the company's values and traditions, while NOT making it upfront in your face.

We need something that would make them stand out, I'm just going to spitball some ideas until I can think (or inspire someone else) to hit the jackpot per say...we need something more binary, something that not only reflects the music it reproduces but all of the individuals working for Fiio, the one you quoted sounds like something more suited for a music program or editor, although mine aren't much better...hmm

Time to spitball.

"Playing to Please"

"Quality Creates Greatness"

"Choose Your own Tune"

"For Freedom"

"Stream your Dream"

"Fidelity First."

"Listen to This" (LOL)

"Hear the Revolution"

"Hear Innovation"

"Hear Differently" (AHAHAH)

"Musically Gifted"

"Fiind the One" (kill me)

"Break the Cycle, Not the Rhythm"

"Break the Cycle, Not the Beat"

"Enriched for Eternity"

"Let's Hear it"

"Listen Carefully"

"Real Rhythm"

"Tracks don't Trick"

"You are Heard"

"Audibly Amazing"

I'll try spitballing more later.

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #295 of 428
I must say yours are really good, too! But still...

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #296 of 428
Fiio.Your musical fantasy fulfilled!

Going back to they original post and studying the message that the company wants to get across. This is probably my best attempt in translating the desired/conveyed message.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #298 of 428
  Thanks FiiO Sunny! It's not yet 15 October though, so with any luck I might come up with something better.

In fact, while I'm at it, I might as well suggest an alternative version of the first slogan: Music, Melodious Eternally. That way it better captures the intent of the Chinese slogan without that much twisting in meanings.

cyr32, hope you can make the one that is more suitable or our Chinese slogan , and easy to be remembered. thanks.

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #299 of 428
  I'm not so creative with slogans, so won't participate. There are some good ones, but one can't be beat in my book. It's from callizer:

Liberate your Music!

I agree Jazz, "Liberate your music" sounds like a serious alternative. However, it sounded pretty familiar so I looked it up. It turns out that it was the slogan of a musical video game called Symphony in 2012. Right there at the top of the page: http://www.symphonygame.com/ I don't know if there's a formal copyright on it though.

I also agree that the new slogan shouldn't be cheesy or pretentious. I'd definitely avoid words such as infinite and endless. I don't know how they sound in Chinese but as an English speaker I think that they sound like a cheap attempt to attract notice and impress people with an exaggerated statement. That's not what I would want people to think about my product.

I think that a new slogan should be positive and inclusive while being appealing to many audiences, not only to audiophiles. Lets be honest, most people don't know what hi-fi is or even what it stands for. Words such as fidelity or frequency should be avoided. This is a niche market and in order to extend your reach, the message of the slogan should be tailored for the average consumer. Hence the need for an inclusive slogan that puts the consumer at the center e.g. by using the word "you" or "your" while clearly stating the device's and company's factual purpose e.g. "music", "song", "sound" and possibly including a word with a positive connotation such as "love" "magic" etc. I think that my slogan from before is both empowering the consumer and confidently showing the uniqueness of the sound signature while also clearly stating what the brand deals with.

My suggestions:

"FiiO - Your Music. Our Sound."

"FiiO - Your Songs. Our Sound."

"FiiO - Old Music. New Sound."

"FiiO - Same Music. Better Sound."

Of course, you can switch the words around so I'll spare you from having to read every possible combination. I like the short statement format of slogans as I think it's catchy. To be honest, I quite like what comes up on my X3ii when it powers on "Love Music, Love Life, Love FiiO" It's very positive and combining it with my idea could sound like this:

"FiiO - Love your Music, Love our Sound, Love FiiO"

"FiiO - Choose your Music, Choose your Sound, Choose your Life." - This just came to me. It's very empowering to the consumer and suggests a large product line with customizable options. It could end in "choose FiiO" or something like that.

If I don't win the contest, I hope that my contributions at least inspire someone.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #300 of 428

I agree Jazz, "Liberate your music" sounds like a serious alternative. However, it sounded pretty familiar so I looked it up. It turns out that it was the slogan of a musical video game called Symphony in 2012. Right there at the top of the page: http://www.symphonygame.com/ I don't know if there's a formal copyright on it though.

I also agree that the new slogan shouldn't be cheesy or pretentious. I'd definitely avoid words such as infinite and endless. I don't know how they sound in Chinese but as an English speaker I think that they sound like a cheap attempt to attract notice and impress people with an exaggerated statement. That's not what I would want people to think about my product.

I think that a new slogan should be positive and inclusive while being appealing to many audiences, not only to audiophiles. Lets be honest, most people don't know what hi-fi is or even what it stands for. Words such as fidelity or frequency should be avoided. This is a niche market and in order to extend your reach, the message of the slogan should be tailored for the average consumer. Hence the need for an inclusive slogan that puts the consumer at the center e.g. by using the word "you" or "your" while clearly stating the device's and company's factual purpose e.g. "music", "song", "sound" and possibly including a word with a positive connotation such as "love" "magic" etc. I think that my slogan from before is both empowering the consumer and confidently showing the uniqueness of the sound signature while also clearly stating what the brand deals with.

My suggestions:

"FiiO - Your Music. Our Sound."

"FiiO - Your Songs. Our Sound."

"FiiO - Old Music. New Sound."

"FiiO - Same Music. Better Sound."

Of course, you can switch the words around so I'll spare you from having to read every possible combination. I like the short statement format of slogans as I think it's catchy. To be honest, I quite like what comes up on my X3ii when it powers on "Love Music, Love Life, Love FiiO" It's very positive and combining it with my idea could sound like this:

"FiiO - Love your Music, Love our Sound, Love FiiO"

"FiiO - Choose your Music, Choose your Sound, Choose your Life." - This just came to me. It's very empowering to the consumer and suggests a large product line with customizable options. It could end in "choose FiiO" or something like that.

If I don't win the contest, I hope that my contributions at least inspire someone.

Hi Jaklins , your explnation make me touched ,and we are so happy to know that you like our old slogan, personally, i like " Your Music , Our sound ,  it is catchy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back