FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest--Edit 2015-10-23: FiiO X7 awarded to Brandan Lynch
Sep 25, 2015 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 428

FiiO-Shadow

Sponsor: FiiO
Edit 2015-10-23: X7 awarded to Brandan Lynch

TL;DR:  FiiO’s new Chinese slogan is 音乐,乐无限, which translates to “Music, Endless Fun” ——except it should sound a lot more awesome… can you make it so? 
We’re giving out an X7 to the Head-Fi and facebook user who submits the translation we end up using!
The character 乐 by itself stands for “fun” and is also the last character of 音乐 (Music) while 无限 stands for unlimited / endless.

Background

It’s been 8 years since FiiO’s founding in 2007.  Thanks to everyone’s support, FiiO has achieved a certain level of brand recognition, with worldwide sales of portable headphone amps and HiFi DAPs ranking 1st and 3rd worldwide respectively.

Now, we need a powerful slogan to rally behind, for us to be recognized by. In China we have announced our slogan: 音乐,乐无限 (see above for first translation).  But we need your participation for the worldwide slogan; We are sure lots of you are interested in helping out?  To let everyone take part in the fun, we are soliciting translations for our slogan from our customers worldwide.

Elaboration of the meaning to be conveyed in the slogan:

1. Music is meant to be enjoyed, while high quality music can bring even more joy.  Thus we hope to bring joy to customers using our music devices.
2. Even quality music brings no joy if it’s hidden behind a frustrating interface. Through extended research in hardware and software user interface design, we strive to make our product more convenient and intuitive to use to play the music you want.
3. We have a large product line with rich customization options for each-these bring “endless” sonic possibilities to match different headphones and different listening tastes, and also cater to the tinkering spirit of the audiophile, giving them fun toying with audio equipment without breaking the bank.
4. Finally, we aim for a pleasurable after-sales experience, with continual high-quality software support, so that users get the most “fun” out of our products throughout their service life.

Competition to be held on Head-fi and Facebook
Contest period:  25 September to 15 October 2015
How to participate: Reply to this post (or this head-fi thread) giving your suggestion for FiiO’s English slogan, preferably with explanations. A simple but catchy slogan that embodies the above propositions for the brand is preferable.
Number of words:  Preferably under 8
Prize:  The person who first proposes the slogan (on facebook OR head-fi) that is finally chosen by our company (if any) will be awarded an X7.
Disclaimer:  All participants agree to release copyright of any writing in response to this post and the relevant head-fi thread to FiiO, for all purposes, including publicity.

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 428
Can I play? :p

In musicae fida Deliciae infinita
(In fidelious music, endless fun)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 25, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 428
I've posted this on Facebook (Kevin Setiadi) but I'll retype this here

--------------------

Liberate your music.

reasoning:
1. "Liberating" your music from limitation of your gear. Hi-Fi is associated with accurate reproduction of music. Muddy sound will change the way the music sounds and restricts the emotion from the song.
2. "Liberate" can imply "not restricted". This is in line with Fiio's line of products that has a lot of customizations.
3. Customers are "liberated" from worries because excellent customer service from FiiO, giving them what they want ("fun").
4. I think that a powerful slogan needs to be short in order for people to remember it. 8 words is a no go. Nike's "impossible is nothing" and McDonalds "I'm loving it" are all 3-4 words.

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 428
Can I play?
tongue.gif

In musicae fida Deliciae infinita
(In fidelious music, endless fun)

haha , can i play as well ...

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 428
  I've posted this on Facebook (Kevin Setiadi) but I'll retype this here

--------------------

Liberate your music.

reasoning:
1. "Liberating" your music from limitation of your gear. Hi-Fi is associated with accurate reproduction of music. Muddy sound will change the way the music sounds and restricts the emotion from the song.
2. "Liberate" can imply "not restricted". This is in line with Fiio's line of products that has a lot of customizations.
3. Customers are "liberated" from worries because excellent customer service from FiiO, giving them what they want ("fun").
4. I think that a powerful slogan needs to be short in order for people to remember it. 8 words is a no go. Nike's "impossible is nothing" and McDonalds "I'm loving it" are all 3-4 words.

Thanks callizer, yep,  you are right ,3-4 words is better , which is easy to be remembered.

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 428
Engage Music - Let the fun begin.

Wanted to promote the active role of the listener (customer :p) while only using positive words.

Also posted on Facebook. Really want that X7 *.*

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #8 of 428
Fun of Music, Fun for Life.

1. When customers enjoy high quality music with FiiO products, they will understand the 'Fun of Music'.

2. 'Fun of Music' also encompasses the intuitive interface and software of FiiO, as only with easy and seamless use can customers enjoy the unhindered fun of music.

3. The rich customization options of FiiO products so customers can tune the sound to their liking also adds a whole new dimension of 'fun' to music.

4. Lastly, 'Fun for Life' as FiiO products are built to last and with excellent after-sales support, customers can be rest assured they will experience the fun for a long, long time.

What's more, this slogan quite closely matches the literal translation of the Chinese slogan - so both English and Chinese speaking customers will have a uniform understanding of FiiO as a company. Perfect!

Now gimme X7 :p

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #9 of 428
1) Endless Love with Your Music

2) Enjoy the World of Boundless Music

Endless/boundless - multiple Fiio product combinations and also long lasting and high quality devices
love/enjoy - the Fiio products make you love and enjoy the music even more and are supposed to make the customers happy
world - for the worldwide slogan

I've come up with this two slogans which have similar meanings to them. I just couldn't pick one, so I decided to share both with you. :)

Good luck!

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #10 of 428
Ok, here goes....

"Music, Endless Fun,...All Together Now"

Music, Endless Fun, as conveyed in the Fiio remit.

"All Together Now"...

1: Conveying Trust between both Fiio and music fan.

2: At one with the audience like going to see a great band and joining in singing the chorus.

3: Bringing product, design, commitment  together as one. 

4: Fiio listens to its customers.

5. Loyalty between fiio and customer. 

BTW, guys anybody know how many times you can enter?
beerchug.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 428
Hmm I think you can use something like this (easy to remember).

High fidelity, best usability :wink:

You can even replace fidelity with quality and voila.
Slogan must be short as possible.

So In FiiO We Trust :wink:

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #14 of 428
Amuseic Infinite

Combining Amuse and music, I think that's pretty close to the Chinese metaphor.

Nice. Now we just need another made-up word to replace "infinite" :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #15 of 428
BTW, guys anybody know how many times you can enter?:beerchug:

Lol, we probably need to turn this thread into a poll with the top 15 options (or however many options head-fi can accommodate in a poll) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back