Fiiiiiiiinally Here!: MOONDROP illumination will be on shelves tonight(in lending library also)
Nov 12, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #16 of 28
Illumination sounds like it graphs...
1605240634115.png

Would be a decent IEM at a lower price point. Purposely went to the shop as I want a good single DD IEM, left with Dunu Studio SA6 there's reason for that...

n.b. no affiliation with Dunu...

Q-6

Nov 13, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #17 of 28
Illumination sounds like it graphs...
1605240634115.png
Would be a decent IEM at a lower price point. Purposely went to the shop as I want a good single DD IEM, left with Dunu Studio SA6 there's reason for that...

n.b. no affiliation with Dunu...

Q-6
U bought dunu sa6?

Nov 13, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #19 of 28
Very neutral IEM. Wish for a better fit and any isolation. This is essentially open design and with shallow, casual penetration, so practically treat this as if an open back headphone. It is one of the most neutrally tuned earphones on the market though. It's not bright. There are no treble peaks. It's not overly bright in upper midrange either, unless you prefer dark IEMs and are used to them (brain burn in). As you can see on the graph, it even has a tint of warmth, I would say it's warm-diffuse-field-neutral. Pretty much perfect tuning. Could use a bit better technicalities, but most importantly, I would prefer this in a closed back design with a pro-fit (deep fit and isolation).

Nov 13, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #20 of 28

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #22 of 28
Nov 23, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #24 of 28
Nov 23, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #25 of 28
I listened to the Illumination some weeks back with the intention of buying a single DD IEM, left the shop with Dunu Studio SA6. Illumination is many things however an $800 set it's not, well at least for me...

Q-6

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #27 of 28
It is weekend! It's free time for everyone!! So I'm sharing a video to bring you some fun~

I like those ones, the MOONDROP Illumination IEMs, sold and fulfilled by TTAUDIO!

Good comfort, great detail, and a nice overall ergonomic, for an open back IEM with tons of staging. More info, comparisons and my raw personal feelings about it in the video review. As always, good background music, some light hearted jokes, and nice B-Rolls in today's video review of the Illumination

Feb 5, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #28 of 28
Which ODM's base design did you to do the customization? 99.9% of all cans from China are made by a few ODMs and based on similar base designs. Not saying ODMs are bad per se, but would like to know which one did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back