Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<<< now has a name in bold
biggrin.gif

All I can say is. Lol. :p

Poo,
How's the diyPod?
Any changes?
popcorn.gif

And how is the blackground & sound signature on your DAC1 via the hp out?
I'm rather interested in the DAC1 as it seems like a great deal with a DAC & amp combined.

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #320 of 384
Quote:

<<< now has a name in bold
biggrin.gif

So that's what happens when you open an unexpected can of worms by starting a controversial thread...? :wink:

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #321 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So that's what happens when you open an unexpected can of worms by starting a controversial thread...? :wink:

Unexpected? Not quite :p

But no, I'd intended to become a contributor for a while. I've just paid off my Edition 9, and had some USD left over in my paypal account that I sent Jude's way.

Coincidentally, Headphonic mentioned that they might be interested in getting behind the next Sydney meet with some demo gear. After my Ed9 arrives and has been burnt in, I might just cave in and try to organise the next meet as well, and take them up on their offer.

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #322 of 384
Quote:

Coincidentally, Headphonic mentioned that they might be interested in getting behind the next Sydney meet with some demo gear. After my Ed9 arrives and has been burnt in, I might just cave in and try to organise the next meet as well, and take them up on their offer.

Interesting - didn't know you had an Ed9 on the way. I'd certainly like to listen to them and read your impressions. Your other Ultrasones convinced you to take the plunge?

My MD5000s have been sent off to see if the rattle cause can be found (and hopefully fixed), and my SuperFreqs have been sent off to see if they can get the sound and fit issues fixed. My Boa hasn't returned yet either so I'm back to my HD280 Pros and HD465s out of sound card sockets or the iPod Classic. Music is still enjoyable though :)

I've been eyeing the Opera at Headphonic seeing Meier are having a sale (which is reflected in Headphonic's prices) and it's reported to have good synergy with the MD5000s, but I don't know whether to take the $1200 plunge without the benefit of hearing it (and they don't offer the cheaper model without the DAC, which could be useful for upgrading the DAC separately). If they sent a demo model to a meet I'd be lining up to listen to it...but the rumour is that Meier has the Opera sale because there's a new model on the way.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #323 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting - didn't know you had an Ed9 on the way. I'd certainly like to listen to them and read your impressions. Your other Ultrasones convinced you to take the plunge?

Yup. After extended listening to the Pro 750 my HD600's are no longer getting any lovin'. And Ed9 has a reputation for being a basshead can, which suits me just fine
biggrin.gif

D2000 playing Enter Sandman still haunts my dreams.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #324 of 384
Aug 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #328 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say we have the next meet when pkjames' LD arrives, Mazz's gear returns from being fixed and when Covenant has fully burnt in his Ed 9's.

and don't forget when Ivan gets his little dot back HAHAHAH!
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 9, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #330 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and don't forget when Ivan gets his little dot back HAHAHAH!
evil_smiley.gif

i swear to god i hate you .....

stupid resistor died.... said to happen to earlier circuit revisions such as the one i have.

anyway, David from LittleDot said that all i gotta do is pay shipping both ways and labour/parts will be free of charge, so im just investigating my options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back