FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Mar 4, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #1,366 of 3,064

At the lowest drop price, they're the regular price on Amazon for us in the USA. No waiting, no hoping the final price gets activated, and even 2-day shipping for prime members.
etysmile.gif

True that. Lucky U.S. customers. For us across the seas, this price is a no-brainer. EBay is a pricier alternative for those who can't wait but with risk of fakes and warranty is hit-or-miss. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #1,367 of 3,064

At the lowest drop price, they're the regular price on Amazon for us in the USA. No waiting, no hoping the final price gets activated, and even 2-day shipping for prime members.
etysmile.gif

Yeah, doesn't seem like such a deal after all. For the Canadians out there, CTC Audio has the A83 on for C$349, which when you consider import charges, shipping and waiting is probably a better bet.

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #1,368 of 3,064
Is the A83 still a good buy? I don't have the means to demo these so I'll be buying them blind..I told myslef that my last expensive iem will be the FA dba-02 mkII (I am the third owner though lol but still expensive for me)..I have been subbed to this thread since last year so I am monitoring this thread for updates..I would like to get my feet wet on hybrids before but were so expensive..closed to buying the dn-1000 then was held off because of dn-2000 then other hybrids came to the market..anyway I saw a good deal locally and it cost like 230USD..practically new and still has warranty..the box was opened just to test it out.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #1,369 of 3,064
If you want an engaging, detailed and technically-capable sounding IEM that has a finicky relationship on tips and fit (tip rolling madness) and reported intermittent connection on the MMCX cable (that can be a replaced with aftermarket cables), then the A83 is a steal for $230.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #1,370 of 3,064
Is the A83 still a good buy? I don't have the means to demo these so I'll be buying them blind..I told myslef that my last expensive iem will be the FA dba-02 mkII (I am the third owner though lol but still expensive for me)..I have been subbed to this thread since last year so I am monitoring this thread for updates..I would like to get my feet wet on hybrids before but were so expensive..closed to buying the dn-1000 then was held off because of dn-2000 then other hybrids came to the market..anyway I saw a good deal locally and it cost like 230USD..practically new and still has warranty..the box was opened just to test it out.

I completely trust the positive impressions of either H20Fidelity, brooko or earfonia on these and I'm completely sold. I bought the Dunu Titans blindly after reading their thoughts and now we'll start a war if you can pry these Titans out of my cold hands. Some people hyped this A83 to stand amongst the more expensive TOTL iems of Shure and FitEar among others so I can't wait to test these babies out. I'm scared of the cable connection problems but I'm prepared to trust the warranty to replace them as soon as I'll notice any abnormalities.

Go for it. Some awesome experiences need risks to be attained. We might get what we want or we might not but at least we dived in and tried. We only live once. :)

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,371 of 3,064
thanks divineness..my dba-02 mkII right channel conked out..not sure if it is the driver or cable..but I have not fixed it yet..and I can't use my he-560 at the office now since I was transferred to a new seat where I have officemates close in proximity so the urge to test hybrids is really strong for the past month..I will try to purchase it this week and hopefully no regrets

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #1,372 of 3,064

Yes.  Great price.  There is no connector issue for the vast majority of users. I have the Shure and I had the DN1K.  

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #1,373 of 3,064
I completely trust the positive impressions of either H20Fidelity, brooko or earfonia on these and I'm completely sold. I bought the Dunu Titans blindly after reading their thoughts and now we'll start a war if you can pry these Titans out of my cold hands. Some people hyped this A83 to stand amongst the more expensive TOTL iems of Shure and FitEar among others so I can't wait to test these babies out. I'm scared of the cable connection problems but I'm prepared to trust the warranty to replace them as soon as I'll notice any abnormalities.

Go for it. Some awesome experiences need risks to be attained. We might get what we want or we might not but at least we dived in and tried. We only live once.
smily_headphones1.gif

It is true, I have no regrets. I didn't say those two IEM in particular though. (but its ok, just let it flow) 
tongue.gif

DX90, Shozy Alien with A83 punches well above its weight, especially next to some 'well known' brands on Head-fi.

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #1,374 of 3,064
If you want an engaging, detailed and technically-capable sounding IEM that has a finicky relationship on tips and fit (tip rolling madness) and reported intermittent connection on the MMCX cable (that can be a replaced with aftermarket cables), then the A83 is a steal for $230.

Wow, $230 is a steal.  While my first set had a cable/connector issue, the replacement set has been perfect.  I have rolled a few tips and now have settled on the JVC Spiral Dot medium-large.   They both seal well and love what they do for the sound.   

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #1,375 of 3,064

Wow, $230 is a steal.  While my first set had a cable/connector issue, the replacement set has been perfect.  I have rolled a few tips and now have settled on the JVC Spiral Dot medium-large.   They both seal well and love what they do for the sound.   

Do you normally wear a medium or large on other tips? I'm want to try these tips but not sure if I should get medium or medium-large. Lol

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #1,376 of 3,064
Once I get home, I could take some comparison pictures of the ML Spiral Dots and the stock tips if you would like.

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #1,378 of 3,064
That'd be a good reference, if you don't mind that'd be great!

Sorry for the late reply, my assignments keep me occupied until the end of this week, which is spring break.

The pictures look better on my monitor (with more saturation) than the LG G2 itself.
Since I'm new to the Head-fi spoilers, I apologize for any major screw ups that might butcher my post.
The first picture has the larger stock double flanged tips first, the ML Spiral Dots next, then the large stock tips and finally, the Comply T400s in medium. Behind are the A83's with Sony EPEX10A tips, which are pretty small, even for their largest size.
A side angle shot.
Left are the ML Spiral Dots, and right are the stock A83 tips in large size.

Next up, we have a row of the small stock tips instead of the dual-flange and also the addition of the stock foamies.

At last, there's ML Spiral Dot and the stock foam eartip comparison.

I think I just saved myself from making 6 separate spoilers accidentally. And if you need more pictures, I'll go take some more.

Edit: The pictures are also downscaled to the largest possible size allowed by Head-fi, not sure if clicking in the image brings out the best possible resolution, which would be 4k.

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #1,379 of 3,064

Sorry for the late reply, my assignments keep me occupied until the end of this week, which is spring break.

The pictures look better on my monitor (with more saturation) than the LG G2 itself.
Since I'm new to the Head-fi spoilers, I apologize for any major screw ups that might butcher my post.
The first picture has the larger stock double flanged tips first, the ML Spiral Dots next, then the large stock tips and finally, the Comply T400s in medium. Behind are the A83's with Sony EPEX10A tips, which are pretty small, even for their largest size.
A side angle shot.
Left are the ML Spiral Dots, and right are the stock A83 tips in large size.

Next up, we have a row of the small stock tips instead of the dual-flange and also the addition of the stock foamies.

At last, there's ML Spiral Dot and the stock foam eartip comparison.

I think I just saved myself from making 6 separate spoilers accidentally. And if you need more pictures, I'll go take some more.

Edit: The pictures are also downscaled to the largest possible size allowed by Head-fi, not sure if clicking in the image brings out the best possible resolution, which would be 4k.

WOW That was extremely helpful (great pics btw). The side by side with the stock large tips are going to be my reference, going to try them later and go from there. Looks like the ML are about the same width as the L. And by the looks of it the Spirals are more of an round shape which I found out work better for my ears after comparing the comfort and regular comply tips.

Much thanks! Thumbs up for you for taking the time to do this.

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #1,380 of 3,064

WOW That was extremely helpful (great pics btw). The side by side with the stock large tips are going to be my reference, going to try them later and go from there. Looks like the ML are about the same width as the L. And by the looks of it the Spirals are more of an round shape which I found out work better for my ears after comparing the comfort and regular comply tips.

Much thanks! Thumbs up for you for taking the time to do this.

No problem! Hopefully, the shallow shape of the Spiral Dots will benefit you more than me or the others in this thread that cannot use the Spiral Dots effectively, like @olddude 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back