FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Mar 4, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #1,351 of 3,064
So I hear, DN2000j, they are comming in April ? If so, I will wait then

Not sure about the date but certainly soon review samples are on the way from what I can tell on the thread. So happy with my Dunu 2000 it is an obvious got to try em situations. Anyway sorry for spamming the A83 thread guys.

Does anyone know if Fidue are planning to make some adjustment to the A83 because from what I can tell i'd prefer the A83 overall sound sig, MIDS! Maybe an A83-J is in order hehe fingers crossed hey. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #1,352 of 3,064
How do these compare to the Audiofly AF140? I am torn between the two,  I want something for listening to music rather than analyzing it and that is where the A140s come in.  But i'm wondering if I would be better off just going for A83, there is only a £20 difference between the two so money isn't really the issue,  it comes down to which one has the best sound for enjoying music. 

I am coming from a pair of ER4 PT which are to flat for my liking and lack bass.  I want something that has good bass and has "umph" in the mids,  something that the ER4 lack. After reading reviews on the AF140 they seem to be exactly what I am looking for,  but i'm wondering if the A83 would be just as good for me,  if not better.  

Any opinions appreciated thanks in advance. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #1,353 of 3,064
  How do these compare to the Audiofly AF140? I am torn between the two,  I want something for listening to music rather than analyzing it and that is where the A140s come in.  But i'm wondering if I would be better off just going for A83, there is only a £20 difference between the two so money isn't really the issue,  it comes down to which one has the best sound for enjoying music. 

I am coming from a pair of ER4 PT which are to flat for my liking and lack bass.  I want something that has good bass and has "umph" in the mids,  something that the ER4 lack. After reading reviews on the AF140 they seem to be exactly what I am looking for,  but i'm wondering if the A83 would be just as good for me,  if not better.  

I've heard AF140 on home audition, almost bought them as well.

The AF140 received mixed opinions mainly due to its rather dark signature. Unless you know how to accept different tonalities (warm/dark/cold) or the signature sits comfortably 140 sound rather veiled or muffled, thick in the mids (great for long listening) Despite this, its rather detailed and has a real musical talent. The low end is rather emphasised and treble slightly rolled off giving A83 the upper hand in balance. A83 is much cleaner, brighter compared and will outclass the 140 in detail.

The story behind it was, I had AF140 for a couple of weeks and almost bought them, mainly because it was unusual, it sounded grand with most music and let me listen exactly like you said, without analyzing music. But only days after Vics A83 demo arrived and due to my preferences (which are inline with your ER4) it was all over for AF140.

If you want to be different take AF140, (but there isn't much conversation here about it, you would be one of few)

If you want an ER4 with more bass and engaging character (adding some analyzation) take A83.

Keep in mind A83 can be a little exhausting, exhilarating, over committed, far from the laid back mellow AF140 approach.

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #1,354 of 3,064
Another update: the imtermittent sound cutting came back again on the right ear connection. An alternative that i think of (though it's not visually pleasing) is putting some cut parafilm on the joint area of the connector and earpiece, essentially making that area "fixed". Voila, the sound cutting disappeared! Day 3 of my "fixed cable version" and no cutting so far. Sad that i have to resort to this method just to make the cable useable. However, i placed an order on shure MMCX cables so that I can try it on the A83 and kiss my sound cutting woes goodbye.

Just a question guys. Is it possible to remove/cut the "pin" part that makes the connector not swivel? So that i can try the stock A83 cable to my FX850 and hopefully make it useful again. Thanks!

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,355 of 3,064

Try ATH IM-02/03 :D and if you still crave for bass IM04....

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #1,356 of 3,064

I've heard AF140 on home audition, almost bought them as well.

The AF140 received mixed opinions mainly due to its rather dark signature. Unless you know how to accept different tonalities (warm/dark/cold) or the signature sits comfortably 140 sound rather veiled or muffled, thick in the mids (great for long listening) Despite this, its rather detailed and has a real musical talent. The low end is rather emphasised and treble slightly rolled off giving A83 the upper hand in balance. A83 is much cleaner, brighter compared and will outclass the 140 in detail.

The story behind it was, I had AF140 for a couple of weeks and almost bought them, mainly because it was unusual, it sounded grand with most music and let me listen exactly like you said, without analyzing music. But only days after Vics A83 demo arrived and due to my preferences (which are inline with your ER4) it was all over for AF140.

If you want to be different take AF140, (but there isn't much conversation here about it, you would be one of few)

If you want an ER4 with more bass and engaging character (adding some analyzation) take A83.

Keep in mind A83 can be a little exhausting, exhilarating, over committed, far from the laid back mellow AF140 approach.

Thanks, just the kind of input I was looking for
smile.gif

I am leaning more towards the AF140 now, they are definitely more of what I am looking for compared to the A83. If I don't like them I can always return them and try the A83 I suppose
biggrin.gif

Try ATH IM-02/03
biggrin.gif
and if you still crave for bass IM04....

Hadn't heard of these, I will have to go read some reviews but for now it is between the AF140 and A83 for me. 
Thanks for the info though
smile.gif

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,357 of 3,064
Thanks, just the kind of input I was looking for :smile:

I am leaning more towards the AF140 now, they are definitely more of what I am looking for compared to the A83. If I don't like them I can always return them and try the A83 I suppose :D  

A83 would be the IEM I'd show someone to WOW them immediately, it has big excitement factor, but AF140 would be the one I'd sit back and take in the atmosphere. It was really capable at imaging, soundstage in an uncanny way. Almost smokey, it kind of sounds very wrong, but very right.

Anyway, if you can try first you're fine. =)

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #1,365 of 3,064
  Score!!! For those still in the fence, just saw these go up in Massdrop. 
L3000.gif

At the lowest drop price, they're the regular price on Amazon for us in the USA. No waiting, no hoping the final price gets activated, and even 2-day shipping for prime members.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back