FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Mar 13, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,397 of 3,064

I did see this video.  Are these guys though of as reputable then?

Are these the best earphones that can be purchased in this price range?  I still feel the wire is drawing me in more and more.

Providing your requirements fit then at its current US pricing I believe A83 is the best hybird on the market before diminishing returns hit atm. With a good source they can sound pretty amazing especially for detail / vocal seekers, they're not perfect with limitations in soundstage width (though nothing too narrow) and their fit can be a little troublesome for a few people. (Spiral Dot tips help solve this) When you knock A83 up to AUD prices where our stores are asking $400 AUD a set then that deal becomes less sweeter when US Amazon sell them for $279.

I was just reading your thread and I'd be a little concerned about two things you're after.

1) A83 have fairly low isolation
2) If the fit doesn't work well and you're going to be walking a lot these may cause you some problems.

As for the video, I haven't heard much about that review site though going off what I've heard and their ratings they seem legit.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #1,398 of 3,064
Thanks.  Ouch at the price then.  in the UK they are being sold for £269.99 which at the current exchange rate against the US $ it would cost $399.66.  Against your AUD it comes out at 521.94.  That's some pretty hefty pricing for us but this is typical of being British
biggrin.gif

I suppose I need to keep searching.

Regarding the noise isolation comment.  It would be nice but it is something which could be compromised a little.  I still need to be fully aware off the roads / traffic around me.

The problems with the fitting is that, there isn't anyway to know unless I tried them.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #1,399 of 3,064
Thanks.  Ouch at the price then.  in the UK they are being sold for £269.99 which at the current exchange rate against the US $ it would cost $399.66.  Against your AUD it comes out at 521.94.  That's some pretty hefty pricing for us but this is typical of being British 
biggrin.gif

I suppose I need to keep searching.

Well, I suggest you check out the A83 reviews if you haven't already, that will save you sifting through this maze of a thread. Basically the bulk summary can be found there.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a83-reference-class-triple-hybrid-iem/reviews

A lot of the Shures and Westone models have decent isolation and fit, Etymotic has some of the best isolation in exchange for low comfort levels. You could consider Dunu DN-1000 to research too. Most of all dig in and get reading.

Don't read too much though, often it just becomes more overwhelming. 
wink.gif

Good luck, Spacedeck person!

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #1,403 of 3,064
Am I the only one to think that anything above $500 for an iem is ludicrous? Sorry I digress.

Fidue A83 is a lot of bang for the buck, so is the UE900S imo of course.

Well, I'm sure its all relative. Back then, I thought over $200 is high. Now my threshold is around $300-$400. But again, I've never heard anything over $500. 

Sure.  Well, Shure.  The Shure SE846 for $1K.  Enjoy.  
smile.gif

I hate you. 
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #1,404 of 3,064
You could try a custom cable on the Fidue.  Moon Audio has a nice one that should add a bit to the sound.  But if you are a basshead (the Dunu1K sound), maybe try a Dunu Titan.  I hear they are good.  Not heard one myself, though.  

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #1,405 of 3,064
Nope - Titan is wonderful, very clear, nice slight V shape - but not hugely bassy (only slightly elevated).  A83 has more bass - quantity and impact.

If you want more bass out of the A83 - just use EQ.

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #1,407 of 3,064
I am having a hot spot on my right ear when wearing the a83. Maybe because I am trying to push it more inward to get a better isolation and better fit. A couple of head movements and the fit also moves. Hmnn what to do

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #1,410 of 3,064
After the initial frustration and nearly sending these back because I couldn't get a proper fit or seal, I did a little swapping.  I took a Linum Baxx cable that I had and that along with some Spinfit tips, made these one of my favorite iem's.  Kudos Fidue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back