FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Aug 4, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #2,161 of 3,064
   is this music?
confused_face.gif

I believe in some peoples eyes it is, though not necessarily my eyes anymore.

It may or may not still be present on some of my players. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #2,162 of 3,064
To some extent, I'd say yes, though nothing backing of the volume a few clicks can cure. The Tralucent sounds incredibly clear and detailed, I don't find high volumes are required to hear every sample clearly. if its going to fall short at versatility it will be because it leans out too quickly on brighter recordings. However, the difference would be the genre's 1Plus2 truly excels at A83 will never bring out the same levels of emotion or high-end timbre.  

This song sounds good on A83 fabulous detail in Maria Mena's voice, but with 1Plus2 it sounds like she's actually there inside your head.

Although with this track 1Plus2 can lean out too much at higher volumes while A83 will not.

Well Maria, if not in my head, was pretty darn close to me, and the Skum track with the insane descending bass was...insane!
Gosh, A83 still pretty up there though.

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #2,163 of 3,064
Well Maria, if not in my head, was pretty darn close to me, and the Skum track with the insane descending bass was...insane!
Gosh, A83 still pretty up there though.

Be careful playing Maria Mena's tracks, she might make you cry.... 

tears of happiness. 

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #2,167 of 3,064
Lol, that's what I wanted to hear, ok I'm getting some good offer on ie800 from my local shop here, that puts a 150 above a83, now what should I do? Both have raiving reviews, but I gotta say the a83s look stunning, really stunning on those pics.

I've owned the IE80 and currently the Fidue. Let's just say there is a reason that I still own the Fidue and not the IE80. Also, the Fidue would probably be a better bet. A lot of people have had issues with sibilance with the IE800, plus the Fidue (I think) will have a deeper reaching bass response than the 800.

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #2,168 of 3,064
I owned the IE80s for a brief time and though I am still new, I am an experienced listener. To my ears the Fidue has a much better handle on the definition and clarity of the sub and mid bass. The IE80's compared poorly imho.

Flip

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #2,169 of 3,064
Thanks KaminKevCrew and flippant for your thoughts.
I've owned the IE80 and currently the Fidue. Let's just say there is a reason that I still own the Fidue and not the IE80. Also, the Fidue would probably be a better bet. A lot of people have had issues with sibilance with the IE800, plus the Fidue (I think) will have a deeper reaching bass response than the 800.

The bass extention is better on fidue, ok, that's nice, what about the quantity? Soundstage width and height/depth.
It would be really great if I could get more opinion on fidue vs ie800.
Thanks

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #2,170 of 3,064
Thanks KaminKevCrew and flippant for your thoughts.
The bass extention is better on fidue, ok, that's nice, what about the quantity? Soundstage width and height/depth.
It would be really great if I could get more opinion on fidue vs ie800.
Thanks

Fidue have a very good quantity of bass. The extension is amazing, and you can hear it all the way down, even when listening to incredibly bassy tracks. I haven't listened to the Senns and Fidues back to back, but from what I recall they are pretty similar, and definitely more accurate than my Denon D7k (I'm talking about actual accuracy in video games. I can tell where people are through walls with the Fidue, which I couldn't with the 7K)

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #2,171 of 3,064
Fidue have a very good quantity of bass. The extension is amazing, and you can hear it all the way down, even when listening to incredibly bassy tracks. I haven't listened to the Senns and Fidues back to back, but from what I recall they are pretty similar, and definitely more accurate than my Denon D7k (I'm talking about actual accuracy in video games. I can tell where people are through walls with the Fidue, which I couldn't with the 7K)

I'm a fan fps games too, that's seems a nice addition.
Ok, one final query, I listen mostly to Ellie Goulding, Lorde, Adele. Would you say fidue suits better for this genre as opposed to ie800?
With that answered I'll buy the one right away as i really need to get them before my b'day. Thanks a lot

Aug 6, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #2,173 of 3,064
Thanks, just wanted to know how they sound with my lady artists, anyway, I have dared to click the buy now tab and I just hope amazon drops them on my bed before my b'day and so that I'll resist opening them until my b'day (wouldn't that be a gift now).

And to headfi as usual I really get excited when I go through this payment process, it literally gives me goosebumps and half/major part of the happiness of buying iems. Thanks for keeping me happy and making my life Complete although lets not talk about how my wallet feels "shut up wallet....atleast until I get them"

Edit - SwiftKey typo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back