FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Aug 3, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #2,146 of 3,064
That is quite the description of the 1+2 sound H20, and seems like it is an extension of what the A83 is. Makes me want to save up to see what it would sound like with my P1. It's a great compliment too, that you use the A83 every day. What a fine IEM it is!

Some of the details take a little more close listening to pick up (and a better music collection than what I've got), but one of the things that I heard right off the bat was how the 1Plus2 handled space and positioning: jolly good.

Aug 3, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2,147 of 3,064
Some of the details take a little more close listening to pick up (and a better music collection than what I've got), but one of the things that I heard right off the bat was how the 1Plus2 handled space and positioning: jolly good.

Midgetguy. This is one of the things that I like about the A83, plus the detail, and the way sounds appear from my perceived back ground.
It looks like the 1+2 will be my next iem purchase in the not too distant future.

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #2,148 of 3,064
I wouldn't pay $1000+ for a IEM called 1+2
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #2,149 of 3,064
Midgetguy. This is one of the things that I like about the A83, plus the detail, and the way sounds appear from my perceived back ground.
It looks like the 1+2 will be my next iem purchase in the not too distant future.

Well, maybe keep that just distant enough haha. Figure out how long you can go without one. I have one right now, but I think I may sell it eventually, you know, paring down the collection a little to the reasonably priced ones. Not that the 1Plus2 isn't a good IEM, but I just don't think I'll be using it enough. As high end as it is and good as it sounds, it's not perfectly fitting of my music library.

I wouldn't pay $1000+ for a IEM called 1+2
tongue.gif

"The engineering behind it is much more complex than the numerical name we gave it, I swear!" Lol
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #2,152 of 3,064
Well, maybe keep that just distant enough haha. Figure out how long you can go without one. I have one right now, but I think I may sell it eventually, you know, paring down the collection a little to the reasonably priced ones. Not that the 1Plus2 isn't a good IEM, but I just don't think I'll be using it enough. As high end as it is and good as it sounds, it's not perfectly fitting of my music library.

"The engineering behind it is much more complex than the numerical name we gave it, I swear!" Lol :tongue_smile:

Hm, Midgetguy. I makes me wonder what type of music you generally listen to and seems not quite worth it with the 1+2, as the A83 would be sufficient?
I think there is so much more I can get from the Fidue like trying Spin fit, Spiral dot , and other tips, plus just more listening time.

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #2,153 of 3,064
Hm, Midgetguy. I makes me wonder what type of music you generally listen to and seems not quite worth it with the 1+2, as the A83 would be sufficient?
I think there is so much more I can get from the Fidue like trying Spin fit, Spiral dot , and other tips, plus just more listening time.

It's just that these days I listen to much more EDM than I used to. And while the 1+2 isn't bad at this either, I'm not losing out on much by having something in a lower tier. And again, while EDM is by no means bad with these, there are genres that fit the 1+2 better that I just don't listen to all that much. As a reference, most of my current playlist is independent stuff from artists signed with Monstercat and a few here and there from Maroon 5, a little Lupe Fiasco, and some Glitch Mob. I also do on occasion feel totally in the mood for fantastic pieces from movie or video game soundtracks like anything from the Halo soundtracks, Tron: Legacy, Assassin's Creed, and some Cowboy Bebop.

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #2,154 of 3,064
It's just that these days I listen to much more EDM than I used to. And while the 1+2 isn't bad at this either, I'm not losing out on much by having something in a lower tier. And again, while EDM is by no means bad with these, there are genres that fit the 1+2 better that I just don't listen to all that much. As a reference, most of my current playlist is independent stuff from artists signed with Monstercat and a few here and there from Maroon 5, a little Lupe Fiasco, and some Glitch Mob. I also do on occasion feel totally in the mood for fantastic pieces from movie or video game soundtracks like anything from the Halo soundtracks, Tron: Legacy, Assassin's Creed, and some Cowboy Bebop.

I've listen to mostly vocal and instrumental, but hardly any dance/club/EDM, which I actually have quite a lot of! I'll get around to it eventually but I just love on the Fidues, vocals like Beck,Steve Mason, Letitia Sadier, Alabama Shakes, Bjork, FKA twigs, Little dragon, acoustic and textured electronica like The Verbrilli sound/Telefuzz.

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #2,155 of 3,064
I've listen to mostly vocal and instrumental, but hardly any dance/club/EDM, which I actually have quite a lot of! I'll get around to it eventually but I just love on the Fidues, vocals like Beck,Steve Mason, Letitia Sadier, Alabama Shakes, Bjork, FKA twigs, Little dragon, acoustic and textured electronica like The Verbrilli sound/Telefuzz.

Then the 1+2 is a viable upgrade for you then in my opinion. I think it does that stuff beautifully.

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #2,156 of 3,064
1Plus2 is quite a bit brighter than A83, you need to watch them sometimes or they lean out on you inducing clarity overload. They can be temperamental with each recording.

A83 will hide a large majority of bad mastering while being warmer around the mids (and thicker)

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2,158 of 3,064
1Plus2 is quite a bit brighter than A83, you need to watch them sometimes or they lean out on you inducing clarity overload. They can be temperamental with each recording.

A83 will hide a large majority of bad mastering while being warmer around the mids (and thicker)

H20, do you think the A83 is a little more versatile than the 1+2 because of that?

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #2,159 of 3,064
H20, do you think the A83 is a little more versatile than the 1+2 because of that?

To some extent, I'd say yes, though nothing backing of the volume a few clicks can cure. The Tralucent sounds incredibly clear and detailed, I don't find high volumes are required to hear every sample clearly. if its going to fall short at versatility it will be because it leans out too quickly on brighter recordings. However, the difference would be the genre's 1Plus2 truly excels at A83 will never bring out the same levels of emotion or high-end timbre.  

This song sounds good on A83 fabulous detail in Maria Mena's voice, but with 1Plus2 it sounds like she's actually there inside your head.

Although with this track 1Plus2 can lean out too much at higher volumes while A83 will not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back